Vision ViVi NOVA V2.5 Comes with three different ohm Twist-on coil heads, built from ground up; color metal tubes & replaceable coil heads coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I like idea of the wicks also. I cant wait for mine to arrive so I can try it out. I still like the way stardust wicks work. I've re-wicked a stardust with vision wicks and found that a longer wick doesn't work as well for me. I think the issue is how the ends splay out against the side of the tank with shorter wicks.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I like idea of the wicks also. I cant wait for mine to arrive so I can try it out. I still like the way stardust wicks work. I've re-wicked a stardust with vision wicks and found that a longer wick doesn't work as well for me. I think the issue is how the ends splay out against the side of the tank with shorter wicks.

exactly, as i mentioned there is a reason for short wick in the stardust, but we will also carry the long wick for those people that prefer it.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I noticed on the website the liquid markers on the tank and then this:

...you may even be able to fill past 3.5ml up to 4.0ml, as long as you don't fill past the top of the condom cap whihc cover the inside coil.

Then in the video, I also noticed that it wasn't filled past the line and right under the condom.

What happens if you fill past that? The image shows 2.8ml however the bolt print says you can fill past 3.5ml?

Just confused on this. Could be the 5 hours of sleep in 4 days (Got NyQuil in me to force me to sleep and i'm getting REALLY drowsy right now.)

Also, do the metal tanks have a window to see how much liquid is left?

I also want to verify, we can use our own drip tips right?

This seems like the ABSOLUTE Tank/Carto killer. I'm about to order 2, or order 1 then order a second when the metal tubes and coils get in stock. REALLY loving this design.

Made a Dwolla account and a Gotvapes account just now.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
The price is great 3 stardust $17.85 vs the nova at $15.95 you get 3 heads. When you reorder the heads are $2.95 vs a whole stardust at $5.95. The only reason for a stardust user not to buy is size and appearance. Gotta admit my stardust looks pretty sleek on my ego.

well you really get 1 head as they are 3 different ohms. I use the ohm I like, unless you have a variable voltage device, the other 2 heads likely wouldn't get much use. you also get 3 stardusts for that price where as this you get one main unit that could have a problem, defective threads and whatnot. The whole stone incident makes me very nervous to try something like this again.

plus 5 pack of flux ce2 or 5 pack of phoenix is cheaper than than 5 replacement heads for this. If you really need the size then I guess its a decent deal.

richham3

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Taylor, Michigan
I've been using my vivi for a day now and have tried a tank with each head. No leaks, no gurgling, no dry hits, just a great, warm vape. I've used the 2.4ohm on a kgo battery, the 1.8ohm I actually pulled out my epower and vaped a tank. Using the 1.8 on the kgo batt was too warm, turned my juice brown pretty quickly. The 2.8ohm worked great on the kgo plus worked well at 4 and 4.5 volts on my evo. Easy to remove the heads and easy to clean. It's like a stardust on steroids.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
I have the same thread problem with the CE2+ Supreme on a ProVari... They thread all the way in but have the same wobble you mention...
Def not the ProVari, and they also do it in the eGo adapter...

Just got mine today and seems to work ok so far BUT, the battery end threading sux. Only goes halfway on my provari and rocks back and forth. I know its not the prov threads cause I checked them out closely and everything else threads perfect.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
I'm hoping they'll get the cones for these - they look much better with the cones.

Otherwise, it's going on top of the Provari - looks good that way. Yeah, the Stardust is pretty, especially the colored ones - love the green.

The big thing for me with the VN is the size and the "modularity". I didn't used to care about the size so much, since I switched juices a lot. But now I settled down to a couple of favorite ones after all these years, and so size started to matter. And, if it works out well, I'll paint the tank with those bake-one paints, to make it look cool. :) Since innards are replaceable, it's worth the effort.

The price is great 3 stardust $17.85 vs the nova at $15.95 you get 3 heads. When you reorder the heads are $2.95 vs a whole stardust at $5.95. The only reason for a stardust user not to buy is size and appearance. Gotta admit my stardust looks pretty sleek on my ego.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Anyone know the wattage limit on these things yet? That's my biggest beef with the Stardust, they just can't handle any power. Oh and please please please please please please please build a dual coil head for it? Or some kind of dual coil clearomizer

I too am hoping they can handle a little more voltage than the stardust. Dual coil won't help because it is a wicking issue. If they can't wick enough juice for 1 coil ain't no way it is going to feed 2. IMO dual coil is only good for carto's and even then all they do is eat a ton of power and can't even match what a 510 atty can do....

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Waiting on my vivi too come in...should be here Monday. Was wondering if there are any easy ways to color the plastic tubes? Would really like to make it a blue tank, and don't really want the metal tube. I like to see how much juice I got left....:p

Sure. Go to a craft store and get some of that ceramic paint that can be baked on. It's pretty low temp, so it shouldn't be a problem - not that I've tried that yet, mind ye, but I intend to try. :)

I want to paint flowers on mine.

Who-Dat'

Mar 24, 2012
South Louisiana
Sure. Go to a craft store and get some of that ceramic paint that can be baked on. It's pretty low temp, so it shouldn't be a problem - not that I've tried that yet, mind ye, but I intend to try. :)

I want to paint flowers on mine.

Would it be semi transparent though? I wanted to make it look like a VPX Blue carto tank if possible.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Would it be semi transparent though? I wanted to make it look like a VPX Blue carto tank if possible.

Some of them are translucent, and some are opaque. You have to check the label, it depends on the pigment. Better quality ones should tell you.

Here are a couple of examples:

This one fires at 325, is very sturdy (stands up to detergent and dishwasher) and is tranparent/translucent:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/pebeo-vitrea-160/

This one doesn't require firing at all, though I'm not sure how stable it will be over time, and how it will stand up to everyday use:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/pebeo-vitrail/

If you dig around that store, you'll find more stuff, I'm sure - it's the biggest art/craft store out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread