• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Visited E-Six in Branford today

Status
Not open for further replies.

upinvapo44

Jan 30, 2013
Hamden, CT
Really? There are TWO brick and mortar stores? Oh I must check out E-Six. I went to Northeast Vapor Supplies and was blown away. They had ton's of tanks in stock, including the Kangers someone above was looking for. That is the store ay the 7 Sycamore Way address. Wow, the two stores are even less than a mile from each other, talk about convenient! In regard to juices, I've tried about 1000.00 worth already and honestly found that Northeast Vapor Supplies were superior to many I've sampled. I can't wait to try some at E-Six. I hope their customer service is as good as the other one. The girl (I can't remember her name, but she's got reddish hair) really knows her products and she helped me narrow down and personalize my choices. In fact, I was there almost an hour being educated and walked out feeling like I'd gained something from the experience. I really can't believe we are so lucky to have not one, but TWO stores practically next door from each other. I checked out the E-Six website briefly and learned that the two stores carry very different products. E-Six appears into the Visions whereas NE Vapor Supplies stocks Joyetechs. It also appear E-Six is geared a bit towards DIY where NE Vapor Supplies, according to its red headed owner, emphasizes education and a personalized experience. So we have two local stores carrying two different product lines with apparently two different juice styles. THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!

I don't know how I stumbled on this post (well, I did a search for vapor stores in Branford) but I'm so glad that I did! I'll be checking out E-Six soon but I really did enjoy my experience at NE Vapor Supplies. I can definitely see myself making purchases at both stores.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
Really? There are TWO brick and mortar stores? Oh I must check out E-Six. I went to Northeast Vapor Supplies and was blown away. They had ton's of tanks in stock, including the Kangers someone above was looking for. That is the store ay the 7 Sycamore Way address. Wow, the two stores are even less than a mile from each other, talk about convenient! In regard to juices, I've tried about 1000.00 worth already and honestly found that Northeast Vapor Supplies were superior to many I've sampled. I can't wait to try some at E-Six. I hope their customer service is as good as the other one. The girl (I can't remember her name, but she's got reddish hair) really knows her products and she helped me narrow down and personalize my choices. In fact, I was there almost an hour being educated and walked out feeling like I'd gained something from the experience. I really can't believe we are so lucky to have not one, but TWO stores practically next door from each other. I checked out the E-Six website briefly and learned that the two stores carry very different products. E-Six appears into the Visions whereas NE Vapor Supplies stocks Joyetechs. It also appear E-Six is geared a bit towards DIY where NE Vapor Supplies, according to its red headed owner, emphasizes education and a personalized experience. So we have two local stores carrying two different product lines with apparently two different juice styles. THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!

I don't know how I stumbled on this post (well, I did a search for vapor stores in Branford) but I'm so glad that I did! I'll be checking out E-Six soon but I really did enjoy my experience at NE Vapor Supplies. I can definitely see myself making purchases at both stores.

Honestly I found that the majority of Northeast Vapors juices had a perfumy taste to them. I couldnt find any that I felt were worth a purchase. I also cant stand clearomizers, so unfortunately NE Vapor just isnt for me. I know how subjective taste can be and im not trying to put them down, but I also know in the past year and a half I have tried a lot of juice and I know when something just isnt good. If you like their juice you will love what E-Six has to offer. They are much cleaner tasting and they sell more than just 5 & 10 ml bottles. I know that the guys at E-six have a few more years of vaping experience under their belts also. Ben has come up with some really great flavors and I feel that he is quite a bit more knowledgeable about the subject.

Sinkhole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Connecticut
I was there yesterday and picked up a Kanger T2 and a T3. So yes they do have Kangers. They also have heads for the T2's and T3's. Im enjoying some Nana-Berry in my new T3 right now. Oh and the new T2 heads have a different wick design than the old ones. The new ones have the same 3 smal wicks but add a larger 4th wick. The are also marking the Ohms on the head. I'm really liking this new design for the T2. It vapes really well right down to the last ml. I'm using a 1.8 Ohm at 3.7v.
Here is a pick of the new head on the right and the old head on the left.

IMG_10441_zps10611bf3.jpg

Last edited:

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
I'll never understand why NE Vapor decided to open shop in the same small town as E-Six when the whole center of the state is in want of a decent B&M vapor shop.

New Britain, for example, has tons of floor space available for rent, probably very cheap.

And they wouldn't be splitting nearly as much as their prospective customer bases.

Just seems like a weird business decision.

upinvapo44

Jan 30, 2013
Hamden, CT
People do things for reasons they must. Maybe they didn't have a choice? The front door shows two business there so I'm guessing that's why. Running one business is expensive enough, now you want them to run two from two locations? LOL. If I had my way I'd say I always wondered why they didn't put it next door to me! Honestly it doesn't matter because I'm driving an hour in any case. In regard to splitting a market, it doesn't appear they are since they carry different products, different juices and have different styles (as it appears). I personally find the whole concept convenient, like having a BK and a McD's across the street from each other. I love BK burger's and McD fries and now can have both. New Britain is far from Branford. Maybe they live close by? I don't know. You can always ask them. Hard to say you never understood when they've only been open for 3 weeks. You make it sound like it's been years.

In regard to juices, I didn't get perfume scents at all. There is one that does smell perfumey but the girl warned me and I tried it anyway. I confess, I bought it because I'd never tasted anything like it. It vapes well at high VG. (I added my own to bring it up to 70) Maybe that was what you smelled. I'm telling you I really love the ones I bought and I intend to buy more. The perfumey one, as I will now dub it, is called Sweet Red. It's a bizarre tobaccoey flavor I think people will either love or hate. When it comes to it, vaping is flat out personal and what I hate you'll love and visa versa. There is no way any one would call their Exotica or Peach Cooler perfumey. (I bought those too). Maybe someone was standing near you or you'd earlier got stuck in an elevator and it was in your nose? lol. They are really fruity. But I can make no comparison YET to E-Six. I think in the end it just comes down to personal preference.

Anyway, it sounds like you might know the owners o, or at least are a loyal customer of E-Six. If this is the case, can you add their phone number and web address to the post I did earlier today giving out the two addresses? I'd also like it so I can call for their hours.

Many thanks!

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
I'll never understand why NE Vapor decided to open shop in the same small town as E-Six when the whole center of the state is in want of a decent B&M vapor shop.

New Britain, for example, has tons of floor space available for rent, probably very cheap.

And they wouldn't be splitting nearly as much as their prospective customer bases.

I don't get it either...I couldn't be happier that we actually have some local shops now, but that was not the best decision on their part. I get the sense that they don't know much about the market and thought they found a new way to make a quick buck in a wealthy shoreline town. The fact that the 2nd thing out of the guys mouth was that they were a provape dealer really turned me off too...like he was just trying to reach right in my wallet. No thanks.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
If this is the case, can you add their phone number and web address to the post I did earlier today giving out the two addresses? I'd also like it so I can call for their hours.

E-Six
40 NE Industrial Dr A3
Branford, CT
203-208-2227
www.esixvapors.com

their hours are 10-7 mon-fri, 10-5 sat

Last edited:

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
The guys at E-Six are great. If I wasn't already stocked to the gills on juice I'd make a run down so I can check out their personal mods...I remember walking in the first time wondering what the heck those were and Ben took his apart to show me the difference between that and my modest eGo...I'm still not ready for a mod yet, but those guys know their stuff.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
The guys at E-Six are great. If I wasn't already stocked to the gills on juice I'd make a run down so I can check out their personal mods...I remember walking in the first time wondering what the heck those were and Ben took his apart to show me the difference between that and my modest eGo...I'm still not ready for a mod yet, but those guys know their stuff.

Haha...yea hes always got a different impossible to find mod. I picked up an AGA-T genesis atty from them after christmas and he set it up for me and answered every question I had about it. He does know his stuff when it comes to genesis atomizers. Im totally hooked on the rebuildables now. Vaping on a coil that you just created is quite satisfying...but its also quite frustrating when you just cant seem to get it right.

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut

Well, we are feeling a little left out in Northeast CT also.. its good to see some Brick and Mortars around CT though. Does Discount Vapers have a showroom or are they just web based?

At least I can drive over the border to a shop in Webster MA - Safer Vapors

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
Well, we are feeling a little left out in Northeast CT also.. its good to see some Brick and Mortars around CT though. Does Discount Vapers have a showroom or are they just web based?

At least I can drive over the border to a shop in Webster MA - Safer Vapors

I'm pretty sure discount vapers is online only. I contacted them a while back about doing a local pickup for an order, but they said they couldn't do it.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
CASAA has issued a CALL TO ACTION for ALL CT VAPERS AND VAPE SHOPS.

CASAA- The Consumer Advocates for a Smoke-Free Alternatives Association have issued a CALL TO ACTION for all Connecticut vapers and Connecticut vape shops. This bill will ban e-cigarette use in all public areas within Connecticut. We are the front lines in the battle against unfair, unjust, and unneeded regulation. Please help me in this, we are all our state has.

Here is a link to the CASAA Call To Action Page:
CASAA: Call to Action! Connecticut E-Cigarette Usage Ban -- SB 990

PLEASE make sure this gets to the owner(s) of your company.
If we sit back and let this happen, we effectively bow down to the government and allow them to strip our right to vape in public.
We effectively sit back and say we don't care. E-cigarettes are JUST beginning to gain in popularity in recent years.
They are saving lives and we cannot allow the government to nip us in the bud and throw us into a bureaucratic obscurity.

Vapor disperses quickly and for the most part, does not produce foul odor or enter into other's personal spaces!
It is often impossible to help someone make the switch to e-cigs in a shop without allowing them to try them FIRST!
This government measure would effectively stunt the amount of smokers that make the switch & can stunt your business & will negatively effect the health of many wanting to quit. Banning e-cigs discourages their use, keeps people from even knowing they exist, and discourages people from making the switch at all.

PLEASE send me a reply to let me know you got this and to let me know you stand with us! This is very important to vapers everywhere!
CT banning e-cigs can easily set a precedent for other US states and can add to the fuel of the upcoming federal regulations in April.

PLEASE let me know you stand with us. It is important to contact the board members, your senators and congressmen.
PLEASE read this link and contact the board members at the very least: CASAA: Call to Action! Connecticut E-Cigarette Usage Ban -- SB 990

Thank you! I hope to hear from you soon! We CAN prevent this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread