• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Visiting STL next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Hi all!

My wife and I will be in STL next week for business, and I was just wondering if there are any area B&Ms I need to check out (or avoid). Pretty set as far as supplies, but always looking to try new juices and the like.

We won't be arriving until Sunday evening, so won't be able to make Saturday night's meet. Are there any similar events gong on next week?

We're actually planning on moving to the area next year, probably South County or someplace where we can find a nice house with a few acres for riding dirt bikes.

Thanks!

Last edited:

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Hi! What part of town will you be in? There are several in the area, but I don't know how much time you will have to do your shopping. If you want, PM me with specific info and I can try and help. You will probably have really good luck getting info if you post in the St. Louis Vapers group on Facebook. It's an active group.

Don't forget to bring your Cardinals shirts when you visit :)

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Hmmmm, downtown the only shop I know of that's close is vape-One in South City. I haven't actually visited the store, but I have good friends that live right down the street.

Hold on a second, have you done track days/racing with MCRA? I know a bunch of guys that go dirtbiking down @ St. Joes, too. If/when you move up here, lemme know!

Last edited:

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Yeah, I'm excited about doing a sanctioned event at Putnam. WERA used to race there, but evidently there was a personality conflict between Mongo and the Putnam management.

Unfortunately, I haven't done any races since they closed the Nashville Superspeedway, so my license has lapsed long enough that I have to start over again. I have a sponsored ride for an endurance race in Florida next month, so I'll be taking Jennings' race school to get some sort of license, but I don't know if there's any reciprocity involved with any of the established organizations.

I glanced at the MCRA rulebook briefly last summer, would you know off had if an SV650 would be competitive in the class it runs in? IIRC, they don't have a dedicated Lightweight Twins class like WERA's. I also have an old Duc 900 that I'm looking at probably racing next season.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Yeah, I'm excited about doing a sanctioned event at Putnam. WERA used to race there, but evidently there was a personality conflict between Mongo and the Putnam management.

Unfortunately, I haven't done any races since they closed the Nashville Superspeedway, so my license has lapsed long enough that I have to start over again. I have a sponsored ride for an endurance race in Florida next month, so I'll be taking Jennings' race school to get some sort of license, but I don't know if there's any reciprocity involved with any of the established organizations.

I glanced at the MCRA rulebook briefly last summer, would you know off had if an SV650 would be competitive in the class it runs in? IIRC, they don't have a dedicated Lightweight Twins class like WERA's. I also have an old Duc 900 that I'm looking at probably racing next season.

We have a race clinic that allows you to get your license; I'd have to look into reciprocity regarding the Jennings license. The rulebook's been re-written since last summer (2012)...I'll PM you the newest website link. The SV650, for all intents and purposes, has its own class - GT Lights - in which both Expert and Amateur racers compete in the same race. In fact, the SV650 is typically all you see on the podium in the Amateur class. We also have a new 250 class that was run for the first time in 2013; limited to only the Ninja 250R and CB250R...it's an absolute BLAST to run 250s around GMP!

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
LOL!!

I was one of the primary culprits in WERA establishing the D Superstock (Ninja 250) class a few years ago. Started out with three of us gridded at the back of V6 Lightweight at Tally one year.

Matter of fact the deal at Jennings is a Ninja 250 endurance race.

Those are one of my favorite bikes. Nothing like instructing a beginner track day on one and lapping the guys on 600s and 1000s at the end of the day. :)

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
So you are one of the seed planters!!! That's awesome :thumb:

True story: going down the front straight @ GMP on a 250R in full tuck, top speed indicated was 87mph - next lap, full tuck with left arm tucked behind me speed skater style, top speed indicated was 91mph. HAHA! (I know, I shouldn't care about looking at the speedometer, but there just so much more time to enjoy your surroundings :D )

Last edited:

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA

Thanks!

Went by and picked up some juice, an MT3, and a handful of AW IMR batteries.

Nice shop, and very friendly folks! While I was loitering by the juice tasting station trying to make up my mind I saw them give excellent customer service, even to people who hadn't bought their stuff there.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Heheh, I just read your review. :thumb:

I hope to make it over to their shop sometime soon!

I almost forgot i had another bottle of Treeces BlueBerry Cream. The thread made me check my juice stock. Ive heard the Cinnamon Danish is good too but i have not tried it. I keep forgetting to try it when im there.

BTW i just read the entire thread. I did not realize motorcycles were mentioned until now. Ive got a nice little 2005 Duc Multistrada 1000DS myself with a full Leo Vince exhaust. I wish i could ride "sportier" bikes but my back just cant take it. An accident in 1998 aggravated a preexisting condition and now i have to limit my riding to more relaxed positions. I had a "mildly customized" VTX1800 vtwin but i hated having to stop for gas every 100 miles or less. It was a beast too and fully capable of over 140mph (confirmed) with the VTX1300 gear set. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread