vivi nova 510 threading

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningcalls

Mar 29, 2012
Binghamton NY
has anyone else had any issues with the 510 threading with the vivi nova? i got mine today and it doesnt seem to screw on any of my batteries that have a 510 connection. i have the lavatube and two ego batteries. i know i am not the only one because i saw that someone had the same problem in another thread. maybe someone from gotvapes can suggest something for me?

any input would be appreciated.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
It's probably not the threading, the posts are sticking out too far and not allowing many of them to screw on properly. They can be filed down and made to work, just file or grind the post down until just a little bit protrudes. Watch this video. fix for the battery connection On the VIVI NOVA - YouTube

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I believe it is fairly rampant. Got mine the other day & it has the same issue on my E-Power. I'm getting around it using a 510 - 510 extension for the moment but will probably file it down shortly. Be careful filing these critters... they *need* to protrude slightly further than the threaded part (but you probably already knew that). It also appears to me the threading on mine should have been cut a couple more turns, and the resistances on the heads all read somewhat high. IMO though it's a great design, doesn't leak (so far) & vapes like a champ with juice I mixed to accommodate higher resistance atomizers (at 3.7 V.). These things should rock out if/when they get the bugs worked outta them!

Happy Vaping! :vapor:

dnrtn2342

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
columbus, ga
Literally I just fixed this problem today, went back down to vapure and swapped out the bottom plate, and it works great now, but you can also file down the center post to flush and it should be fine. So I went from 1 1/2 novas that half way worked to two working novas :) this kid is happier than homeless guy in a room full of cheeseburgers :)

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread