VK batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRob

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Woodbridge, VA
Just got my vapor king in the mail,no instuctions but I plugged it in and the red light on the charger is on not blinking or anything. Does the red light on indicate that it is fully charged? Then do I screw colored green end on and just start vaping? Thanx, any help appreciated!

When the charger is plugged in the light will be green. When you put a battery in it should be red, that means its charging, when its done it goes back to green :)

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
wheres smilen I havent heard any new news from him. From what I can tell there must be some issues with the e-cigs and customs. seems like everyone is having problems where ever smilen is at we need some updates and purhaps detail info with Vapor4life. Im woundering if he is going to sell out and go out of business

I wouldnt take his lack of posts as a sign of him selling out. Smilin is very busy, and selling out would be out of character for him. I will agree that his quietness does raise some concerns, but Im sure its unintentional. Stranger things have happened of course, and I could be wrong. But I believe in benefit of the doubt. Soooo........:pop:
My best,
-VP

new

Apr 16, 2009
I wouldnt take his lack of posts as a sign of him selling out. Smilin is very busy, and selling out would be out of character for him. I will agree that his quietness does raise some concerns, but Im sure its unintentional. Stranger things have happened of course, and I could be wrong. But I believe in benefit of the doubt. Soooo........:pop:
My best,
-VP

Steve and Mark don't seem to be replying to customer service emails either. I emailed them Thursday and still have not heard a thing...

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
When the charger is plugged in the light will be green. When you put a battery in it should be red, that means its charging, when its done it goes back to green :)
;)Hi Rob,thanx for your answer! I am now enjoying the vk very much! Even did a little reading on how to top them off for a longer life out of the atomizer and have been experimenting with that! STill smoking real ciggys,but not as much as I usually do:)

mmmvaping

Moved On
Apr 2, 2009
I just hope smilen and mark are okay. Im a little worried about everything that is going on with FDA. I've been seeing way to many problems. But one thing I like to mention and I think the ECA SHOULD KNOW If TEENs are an issue to use Ecigs iTs most likely they wont....think about it. If mom and pops own one and keep it locked up in a safe or what ever and only take there travel pack it will be harder for teens to use one....See teens can easly get cigs from the parents if they smoke....its easy for teens to go to a gas station to get smokes....but to get a hold of a credit card and order an ecig is a lot harder and it will show up on the statements....Plus how many teens can throw down 50-120 bucks on an ecig. Unless they work. Why would they do that when its a lot cheaper to buy smokes...most teens dont smoke a pack or even a half of a pack of smokes. Most likely they smoke 5 cigs a day. Because if there underage it can be a pain in the .... to get smokes everyday unless they have either a fake ID or have friends who are 18. So this should be used. Also If the parents that have younger kids and still smoke should get the ecig for a good reason if the kids cant see mom and pop smoking they will will most likely not smoke. The older croud 40+ no offence are already stuck in the loop to smoke. We need to start with the younger croud 18-35 to get them off smoking so there children will most likly not smoke....are you following me....the loop will contiue if the future generations see the parents smoking...which will lead to more generations of smokers. in other word monkey see monkey do.....its all scrambled in my brain and Im trying to get out....start with the older croud to stop smoking...at the same time get the younger croud to stop smoking....so the future generation wont have this problem to deal with later on....ah forget it

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I just hope smilen and mark are okay. Im a little worried about everything that is going on with FDA. I've been seeing way to many problems. But one thing I like to mention and I think the ECA SHOULD KNOW If TEENs are an issue to use Ecigs iTs most likely they wont....think about it. If mom and pops own one and keep it locked up in a safe or what ever and only take there travel pack it will be harder for teens to use one....See teens can easly get cigs from the parents if they smoke....its easy for teens to go to a gas station to get smokes....but to get a hold of a credit card and order an ecig is a lot harder and it will show up on the statements....Plus how many teens can throw down 50-120 bucks on an ecig. Unless they work. Why would they do that when its a lot cheaper to buy smokes...most teens dont smoke a pack or even a half of a pack of smokes. Most likely they smoke 5 cigs a day. Because if there underage it can be a pain in the .... to get smokes everyday unless they have either a fake ID or have friends who are 18. So this should be used. Also If the parents that have younger kids and still smoke should get the ecig for a good reason if the kids cant see mom and pop smoking they will will most likely not smoke. The older croud 40+ no offence are already stuck in the loop to smoke. We need to start with the younger croud 18-35 to get them off smoking so there children will most likly not smoke....are you following me....the loop will contiue if the future generations see the parents smoking...which will lead to more generations of smokers. in other word monkey see monkey do.....its all scrambled in my brain and Im trying to get out....start with the older croud to stop smoking...at the same time get the younger croud to stop smoking....so the future generation wont have this problem to deal with later on....ah forget it

Ok...no offense... but... ummm...... what????????????:confused:
My best,
-VP

yulfrid8

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
This thread is about VK batteries isnt it? So why not keep it close to subject.
Now my problem with VK battery.
After 2 weeks of light use my battery looks like died. I charged it and after few puffs it stop working, no light no vapor. When I put it in charger it blinks 3 times <blank> 4 times,
and light is green. ANy sugestion to fix it or it is dead?

mmmvaping

Moved On
Apr 2, 2009
try this had same problem...what happens the liquid leeks into the battery terminal and build up of gunk get one the switch. Just take a shot glass of 91-99 % alcahol poor about 1/2 inch into to it. dip into shot glass battery terminal down then blow on tip. blow until you see bubbles( helps clear out air holes kills two birds with one stone) do this a couple of times. should work if not dead battery.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
try this had same problem...what happens the liquid leeks into the battery terminal and build up of gunk get one the switch. Just take a shot glass of 91-99 % alcahol poor about 1/2 inch into to it. dip into shot glass battery terminal down then blow on tip. blow until you see bubbles( helps clear out air holes kills two birds with one stone) do this a couple of times. should work if not dead battery.

Does this work with standard rubbing alcohol?

Provided of course that you blow everything clear to evaporate all of the alcohol fumes.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania

OK, I'm a little confused.

You do this with the battery, right?

I regularly clean the cartridges, My problem is it seems that the battery doesn't want to hold a charge.

Is it possible that the battry has a memory from the original USB chargers?

If so how do we correct that?

mmmvaping

Moved On
Apr 2, 2009
when you plug in your VK to charge make sure the VK blinks 3 or four times when the light turns red. This will indicated the battery is really charging. If it does not blink let it sit in the charger while light is red for 5 or 10 mins. then go back unscrew battery and then screw back in. The LED should then flash 3 or 4 times. This happens when you let the battery run dead before a charge. Try charging it before this happens.

As far as using RUBBING alcahol take a shot glass fill it up a half of inch just enough to be over the screw in part to the cartomizer. Stand upright. ON the LED side there are two holes on the side of the plastic piece. Blow soft, slow and steady on the LED side. watch for bubbles . do this a 3 or four times. wait 5-10 secs in between blows to allow alcahol to erode residue from the inside of the chamber. I hope this helps. did wounders for me.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
when you plug in your VK to charge make sure the VK blinks 3 or four times when the light turns red. This will indicated the battery is really charging. If it does not blink let it sit in the charger while light is red for 5 or 10 mins. then go back unscrew battery and then screw back in. The LED should then flash 3 or 4 times. This happens when you let the battery run dead before a charge. Try charging it before this happens.

As far as using RUBBING alcahol take a shot glass fill it up a half of inch just enough to be over the screw in part to the cartomizer. Stand upright. ON the LED side there are two holes on the side of the plastic piece. Blow soft, slow and steady on the LED side. watch for bubbles . do this a 3 or four times. wait 5-10 secs in between blows to allow alcahol to erode residue from the inside of the chamber. I hope this helps. did wounders for me.

I have 1 here that when I put it into the charger (I have the newer "screw in") charger it seems like I get no connection at all.

The LED does not blink, and the charger stays green, it does not even blink red.

Personally I think that the switch is stuck. From what I understand the switch is actually inside the battery.

The cartomizer is nothing more that an electrical contact, a heating element, filler to hold the liquid, and a case to hold it all together.

Any thoughts??

BTW, I have seen posts where someone dissected the cartridge, anyone seen a battery opened up?

mmmvaping

Moved On
Apr 2, 2009
i had a switch stuck on my red dragon. it has a close set up inside the battery.....trying blowing in on the LED side of the battery. After blowing check to see if the LED turns on. alsot trying leaving it in the charger for 20 mins even if the light on the charger is green. then unscrew blow on the the LED side of the battery then plug back in. this might help. ITs a matter of forcing the battery to charge. If that doesnt work then ask steve to get you a small order of VK's to replace it.....I dont know why he doesnt try other Disposables out there or simply buy in much smaller packages 10 to 20 batteries in each. Or just start all over with other product that are making it to the US. Like the 510, M401, 8084, 901's, get a lot of passthrus and sell kits with passthrus. well i hope this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread