VK batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I think I'm going to take this problem child battery, and try the clean it with alcohol method mentioned earlier.

Here in PA you can buy a pure ethyl alcohol.

Slang usually calls it "grain alcohol". I think it's sold in the state stores as "everclear". {For those people who don't know - PA is one of those states where you have to buy hard liquor at a store run by the liquor control board}

The stuff is 198 proof (Thats about 99% pure) ethyl alcohol.

Not only can you drink it, it works great in a Zippo, just watch your eyebrows, and mustache when you light it!

I figure that it would be safer to use ethyl, rather than any other kind of solvent, since there might be some residual when I try to vape it.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I never did get to try the 100 proof vodka method, so last night when all was quiet, I did align the battery slot to the battery holes; stuck a straight pin in the holes to loosen things up, so to speak, and lo and behold, I now have a working VK battery once again......

Even though I read about this option, I was very skeptical but thinking that the battery is dead anyway, what did I have to lose.......so, I'm very happy that it did work.......today, I will 'fix' the other battery when I have time.

I credit Woodslady with the great pointer.........thank you!!

RacoonSpirit

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA USA
mmmvaping - my DSE901 atomizers work with the VK Batteries however the VK Cartomizers do not work with the DSE901 batteries. Closer inspection revealed the 901 atomizers block the vent holes on the VK battery and utilize their own hole for draw. The VK Cartomizers will not work on the 901 batteries since they rely on the battery vents which do not exist on the 901 batteries.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
[quote=mmmvaping;322340]My main issue with VK is that it seems to go in random stages. Sometimes Ill get a huge cloud other times ill get half beat clouds, and other times just a what the heck was that... oh well still loveing it though....does anyone know if a 901 atomizer will work with these VK?[/quote]

am currently working on all issues, been screwed, glued, and tatooed by the people I been working with in China....Hope to have all issue worked out soon:DI would love to be SMILIN again8-o

Steve:cool:

mmmvaping

Moved On
Apr 2, 2009
mmmvaping - my DSE901 atomizers work with the VK Batteries however the VK Cartomizers do not work with the DSE901 batteries. Closer inspection revealed the 901 atomizers block the vent holes on the VK battery and utilize their own hole for draw. The VK Cartomizers will not work on the 901 batteries since they rely on the battery vents which do not exist on the 901 batteries.

:rolleyes: hey how well does the dse901 atomizers work on the VK Im thinking of getting some just to try out on a later date. Thanks for the INFO.:confused:

Hey Smilen I love the VK and i hope you will find a solution for the problems that you are facing. Have you tried to do several small orders. I know on this forum a lot of people swear by smaller shipments and using shipping EMS I believe. There are a couple of stores that are getting your brand. I dont know how they are doing it but my gues is there doing mulitiple small shipments to beat customs....They might be using different wordings and possibly mixing there shipments. Cartimizers separate, batteries separate, kits mixed up. Like buy the boxes separate the first day, the next day buy the batteries. Then the next day buy the chargers. THen follow up with the cartomizers. I guess this might work.:confused:

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Has anyone figured out a way to bring back a battery that won't take/hold a charge?

I know some battery types get a "Memory".

Anyone know if the VK batteries are subject to this?

I have 1 battery that seems like it just does not want to charge at all.

I have 2 others that only hold a charge for a short time, maybe an hour or two.

Any help would be appreciated.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Has anyone figured out a way to bring back a battery that won't take/hold a charge?

I know some battery types get a "Memory".

Anyone know if the VK batteries are subject to this?

I have 1 battery that seems like it just does not want to charge at all.

I have 2 others that only hold a charge for a short time, maybe an hour or two.

Any help would be appreciated.

I was successful in bringing a VK battery back to life after it wouldn't hold a charge.

I followed the advice from Woodslady and lined up the battery slot with the battery holes (very gently), then I inserted a pin in each of the battery holes, again, very gently, and moved it around a bit to loosen any residual buildup.......

I had given up on the VK battery, and was amazed but quite pleased that this worked beautifully.

Last edited:

RacoonSpirit

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA USA
mmmvaping - IMHO the 901 atomizers work just as well on the VK batts as they do on their own batts. My only issue has been some juices do not seem to work as well. I tried this "cigar" flavored juice (not sure who I got it from off hand) and it trashed 4 atomizers in as many days - not a good thing - makes vaping as expensive (if not more) than my old analog habit! Needless to say, that bottle was trashed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread