NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Difference

rta
maxresdefault.jpg

^^ is a rta

SMOK-TFV8-V8-T8-V8-Q4-V8-RBA.jpg

The last one on the right is the RBA section where you can build your own coil if you choose the other 2 are pre-built by factory... now people sell the coils as pre built coils for the one on the right but you still have to install and wick.

Personally i dont ever find RDTA's to be my thing the RBA section is usually not big enough for my preferences. Hope this answers

Reactions: ChelsB

Taryn32

Jan 16, 2017
Right now im using Joyetech eGo AIO. It has a screw on drop in coil. My husband wants to start vaping but want something "better" and "bigger". I also am wanting somthing better. So im trying to figure out what is best for us. I figure we will eventually build our own coils but dont want to start that right out of the gate?. Any suggestions on what i should get.

Reactions: DingerCPA

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Right now im using Joyetech eGo AIO. It has a screw on drop in coil. My husband wants to start vaping but want something "better" and "bigger". I also am wanting somthing better. So im trying to figure out what is best for us. I figure we will eventually build our own coils but dont want to start that right out of the gate?. Any suggestions on what i should get.
Do you guys suck in like taking a normal breath or do you use your mouth to capture vape then inhale vape from your mouth after taking lips off device

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Alright, well if that is your style that helps. A Smok TFV8 will allow you the options of drop in coils, bigger/better clouds and also give you the option of the RBA which you can practice building coils. BEWARE this tank is not the best for being a RTA but will help you get your feet wet. But runnign something like that you will also want to have a dual 18650 mod i am hesitant to tell you this because precautions are needed when it comes to battery selection making sure you get proper batteries froma trusted source and proper charger then proper handling making sure you dont exceed wattage of your batteries Constant Discharge Rate (CDR)

People rave about the premade coils btw. I had the TFV4 and didnt like the rba on it it just didnt perform for my liking

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Some Tanks like the Kanger Subtank Mini or TopTank Mini have the option to run Either a Pre-Made Coil Head like what you are using or you can run it with the included RBA Section and make you own Coils.

But with a Tank like this you would need to buy a Separate Mod (Mod = e-Cigarette that holds a Battery and that you Screw an atomizer onto it.)

BTW - Here is a Realatively short Video that shows the steps involved with Building an RBA Section to use in a RTA.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

The eGo AIO is "more vapey". You might need something that has a slightly tighter draw (more like a cigarette) with which to start, and then you could eventually work your way (back) to something that allows for a harder hit.

You also want to school yourself on Ohm's Law and understanding Battery Safety.

Do some reading here: Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

This fellow has been around the block a couple of times and does a great job of breaking down difficult topics and making them easy to understand.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Taryn32

Toppers - eGo ONE tank. Replaceable (and some rebuildable) coil heads. "medium" draw. You can tighten or loosen the airflow accordingly.
- Nautilus (full-sized or Mini) Replaceable coils. "tighter" draw. A lot of folks were able to quit smoking cigarettes using these types of tanks.
- Kanger Topbox (Mini/Nano) Replaceable coils. I believe the Mini has an RBA (Rebuildable Atomizer) head - will NOT fit in the Nano - See ZoidMan's video above. Same thing

Battery/Mod/Device - these days, sky's the limit. You might want to consider something that uses an internal batttery for now - simplicity's sake. I'm a teensy bit removed from these nowadays, but iStick 30 or iStick 40. Innokin MVP or something along those lines jumps to mind. I know there are TONS of others out there.

KEEP IT SIMPLE - the goal is to find something to help you quit smoking. Once you get past that, then you could open the floodgates, if you are so inclined.

I started with a simple Spinner-type battery and an EVOD tank. Little by little, I took steps to branch out and learned to rewick coils. Then I learned to rebuild the coil heads for my EVODs. THEN I started branching out to rebuilding different kinds of toppers.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
i take it in like a normal breath if i hold it in my mouth and then inhale it hurts my throat and makes me cough
The eGo AIO is "more vapey". You might need something that has a slightly tighter draw (more like a cigarette) with which to start, and then you could eventually work your way (back) to something that allows for a harder hit.
Think you misunderstood her here, she doesnt like MTL she prefers DL on her device she currently has, so more airflow is likely what she needs, not less.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Don't Feel Bad.

You Weren't the only one to Do That in this thread.

:)

Thanks for the save, Brother! :D

Yes dl is what i like

O.k. Then ignore my topper suggestions ;)

The Kanger that Zoid referenced (with the 0.5 ohm coil and open airflow) will give you a pretty decent DL hit ;)

Taryn32

Jan 16, 2017
I have a "cousin" of the eGo AIO - one thing I have learned is that after you fill it - WAIT. Wait for a few minutes, and then wait a few minutes more. That will give the coil some time to "settle" so you don't get gurgling and spitting when you take a hit.
Yeah i figured that out the hard way got a burnt lip lol

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread