Vodka in e-juice?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dshack, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshack

dshack Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

I'm sorry if this is posted the wrong place. If it is, please point me to the correct forum.

What is the purpose of putting Vodka in your e-juice?
    Is it to add throat hit or cut a VG base?

2. jude8753

jude8753 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Many people use it for both. I used Everclear (PGA) to thin my VG, but it didn't really do anything for me as far as TH. It's great for cleaning and sterilizing.

3. dshack

So is there a difference between Vodka and Everclear as far as TH is concerned?

4. brandon555

brandon555 Super Member ECF Veteran

Yeah most vodka is 80 proof, Everclear is 190 proof and will have more TH

5. Blank

Blank Senior Member ECF Veteran

i use everclear alot when cleaning my atty's, both me and my attys get shots :) and theres nothing bad about that lol

6. IMWylde

IMWylde Super Member ECF Veteran

So are you drinking the nic tincture :/

7. MsV

MsV Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm pretty sure just the Everclear! LOL!

8. dshack

Any ideas about how much should be added per ml? I'm guessing a little goes a long way!

9. MrsJaaxx

MrsJaaxx Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Everclear or Golden Grain is better to use for your atomizer than vodka as well, because the vodka will contain more sugar. Attys don't like sugar.

P.S. off-topic--I darn near can't read "atty" without thinking attorney!

10. jamesam1243

jamesam1243 Senior Member ECF Veteran

i guess it is great for keeping oils like cinnamon in the ejuice solution

James

11. dshack

Good to know MrsJaaxx, thanks!

12. 7thCabal

7thCabal Super Member ECF Veteran

I've never had TH from using PGA-- tried it straight in my base PG/VG nic juice... nada, nothing, no tickle. It did thin the hell out of my liquid tho & add a little taste.
    Personally I rather not thin my DIY mixes-- I find a better hit by direct inhaling my DIY vapes vs. the mouth puff/pull thingy.
    IMO TH can be as subjective as taste-- YMMV.

13. the vaporizer

the vaporizer Senior Member ECF Veteran

I use a pure grain spirits for cleaning and cutting...and a little does go a long way..i would suggest using 1ml/60ml of juice...and go up from there...better to start small and go up ")
    It is good for cleaning too! I believe it is 180proof...everclear is illegal in NY so this was the next best thing....

14. Blank

Blank Senior Member ECF Veteran

haha yeah me and the atty's don't share the shots, but we both clearly enjoy them lol

15. instamix

instamix Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've added everclear at up to 20% and never improved TH I refuse to go any higher than 20% (dont need any e-juice flash fire exploding attys)

I still use it to cut the VG its good for that,and air born nasties wont find an easy home in any thing thats cut with alcohol.

16. the vaporizer

the vaporizer Senior Member ECF Veteran

true...PG is also a natural antibacterial..even the vapor kills microorganisms in the air ...i just found this out about a month ago...theres a couple articles and studies on the subject also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.