Voice changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been vaping for about a year and never had any health issues untill recently. For the past month I noticed my voice changing to a higher pitch, like a 90 yr old would sound like. No soreness in the throat. I even changed the pg/vg ratio to 70/30 from a 60/40 thinking maybe the pg was the culprit. Also changed the recipe to different juices. Still no change. If anyone here experienced this, or has knowledge of what it could be, I would very much appreciate any advise other than just a change of life...lol

<CactusJack>

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I've been waking up every morning with blood in my mouth. Sometimes, I can feel a slight taste of blood during the day. We like to think it can't be vaping but PG irritates the membranes, so I logically assume it can be vaping. I haven't been too well and I think I may have anxiety related asthma too but I'm missing most of the symptoms telated to something more serious (loss of appetite, loss of weight, bleeding from other places, skin stains, bumps etc.).
I have an appointment with the otorhynolaringologist tomorrow and yet another one with the pneumologist in Thursday.
It's been 5 years, more than 5 in fact. I'm not saying vaping is bad. I believe it's the most effective way to quit smoking and all. But maybe I've developed some kind of intolerance I didn't really have before. That happens.
Let's see. Then, I'll decide what I have to do.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I didn't know about Joan Rivers (I'm across the pond) and I never thought of anything like that but I'm actually seeing the ENT doctor tomorrow and the pneumologist the day after tomorrow. So, what exactly are you experiencing and what kind of illness is it that Joan Rivers had and both you and your daughter had/have too? Thanks.

EDIT: Excuse me for being dumb! I momentarily forgot that it wasn't I who started the thread. Jeez...............

Last edited:

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I didn't know about Joan Rivers (I'm across the pond) and I never thought of anything like that but I'm actually seeing the ENT doctor tomorrow and the pneumologist the day after tomorrow. So, what exactly are you experiencing and what kind of illness is it that Joan Rivers had and both you and your daughter had/have too? Thanks.

EDIT: Excuse me for being dumb! I momentarily forgot that it wasn't I who started the thread. Jeez...............
hoarseness , voice sounding kind of froggy, choking easy on liquid. Constantly feeling like I need to clear my throat.

Last edited:

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Jack, but you don't feel the way I do right now. Thing is I can't get vaping out of the equation just because I'm a pro-vaping militant. But I could be afflicted by other things. Some generally asymptomatic pneumonia? Some generally asymptomatic TB? Some weird virus of the "modern" kind (I once spent a week with my testicles double the normal size for no reason, there are some really odd viruses nowadays)? Something I'm not even thinking about because I'm not a medical expert? "Just" anxiety because anxiety can actually mimic all kinds of weird symptoms (am I very anxious because I have the symptoms or do I have the symptoms because I'm anxious?)?

I suppose it could also be cancer but that's the very worst that could happen and I don't believe in an actual cure for cancer. So, I sincerely hope not. As former smokers, I guess we're all somewhat afraid of that but I also think you don't even have to be a smoker or a former smoker to fear the bloody disease for which nobody has managed to find an effective cure yet.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Same surgery Joan Rivers had and died during.

Surgery center didn't follow proper procedures for reviving persons from a code. Endoscopy is a very simple procedure, and taking a biopsy or cutting off a little polyp or whatever is no biggie at all.
Yet people die every year from it, not from the procedure but from the anethesia. I believe she had a reaction to the anesthesia and there were apparently not personnel there who properly dealt w/that kind of emergency for whatever reason.
Basically, this never should have happened.
Most of the newer docs who specialize in this stuff are using more cutting edge diagnostics now, going thru nose with small line + camera, while patient is awake. Comfortable procedure for the most part, and no drugs so less risk.

Endoscopies continue because they are huge money makers and there ARE some instances where it is necessary, but not for diagnostics.

As former smokers

And that is precisely WHY any changes in mouth, tongue, lips, throat, esophagus, lungs, etc. SHOULD ALWAYS BE SEEN BY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Because as a former smoker, we are all still at risk for smoking/combustion related diseases.

Enough with the guessing games, OP needs to see an ENT and/or pulmonologist.

And most of these things are MINOR. Could be a simple polyp on the vocal chord...snip snip....a 5 minute procedure, no biggie.

Could be viral (these things last months), etc.

Reactions: diabolique

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
Surgery center didn't follow proper procedures for reviving persons from a code. Endoscopy is a very simple procedure, and taking a biopsy or cutting off a little polyp or whatever is no biggie at all.
Yet people die every year from it, not from the procedure but from the anethesia. I believe she had a reaction to the anesthesia and there were apparently not personnel there who properly dealt w/that kind of emergency for whatever reason.
Basically, this never should have happened.
Most of the newer docs who specialize in this stuff are using more cutting edge diagnostics now, going thru nose with small line + camera, while patient is awake. Comfortable procedure for the most part, and no drugs so less risk.

Endoscopies continue because they are huge money makers and there ARE some instances where it is necessary, but not for diagnostics.

And that is precisely WHY any changes in mouth, tongue, lips, throat, esophagus, lungs, etc. SHOULD ALWAYS BE SEEN BY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Because as a former smoker, we are all still at risk for smoking/combustion related diseases.

Enough with the guessing games, OP needs to see an ENT and/or pulmonologist.

And most of these things are MINOR. Could be a simple polyp on the vocal chord...snip snip....a 5 minute procedure, no biggie.

Could be viral (these things last months), etc.

I totally agree..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread