Volcano E-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I didn't want to do this but I am at my wits end with this company. My very first (and LAST) order was/is a total nightmare. On 4/09/2012 I ordered a black manual magma battery with a purple LED, it arrived DOA. After several emails (pretty decent response time) the process to return it was started. I mailed it back and about 2 weeks later I received the replacement. Charged it up and used it and the button fell off, put it back on and switched to my eGo. The next morning I decided to give it another go. I pick it up and the button falls off again. This is now 4/24/2012, a half a month had gone by and I still don't have a battery that works. I start the return process again, this time I tell them to please not send me another battery as I am done with that mess. I give them several suitable replacement options. I am informed that once the battery is received they will credit my account with points equal to my purchase. I finally get the points in my account 4/30/2012 and decide I will just purchase some CE2 (Magma) Clearomizers, since they are $1.00 cheaper than the battery was I figure I will call it a wash. NOPE...They refunded enough points to cover the price of the battery only, not the shipping I was originally charged for. So to purchase the clearos they expect me to come out of my pocket again for the shipping. I know it is only $1.95 but it is the principal of the matter. I have brought this issue up via their ticket system and I have not received a response. While the customer service is friendly, it takes too long to get issues resolved and the practice of not refunding my money after 2, that is right, 2 defective products in a row is simply criminal! I used to think the concept of your store was great, a vape cafe, how cool is that...oh how wrong I was. If I am ever in HI, don't expect to see me anywhere near Volcano E-cigs...

Ron -

P.S. for the record, again, customer service was friendly and aside from recent communications, I got pretty okay response times. My issue is with the business practices, not the people...which unfortunately tarnishes the entire experience.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Aloha Rookbartley989,

I am very sorry that you feel this way. But the terms of our warranty and that we do not do money back refunds are posted right on our site. We are sorry that you received to defective items in a row. These are electronics after all and sometimes there are defects. All ecigs parts made in China are hand made so there is a level of failure we all have to deal with. We do our best to replace defective items in the most timely fashion as we can.

We have gone above and beyond our normal warranty procedure, by offering you points for the defective item. We do strongly recommend you read over the terms and conditions when ever purchasing any item from anywhere, and understand them and the warranty on the items you are buying before placing an order.

Once again I am sorry for your troubles, and that you are not happy with our warranty terms that does not include a no money back guarantee.

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I was going to post a long drawn out retort but it is simply not worth any more of my time. Go ahead and send out a replacement battery if you are not going to refund my shipping that I paid for as well. Take your points and if this next battery is defective as well I will call it a learning experience, it wont be coming back. Thank you and good day (Aloha)

Ron -

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
Its been 10 days since my last request for resolution and updating my support ticket on their website and I still do not have a battery or even a reply stating whether or not I will ever see a working battery. I can see recent responses here to other dissatisfied customers so I can come to no other conclusion except that I am being ignored. I feel I have been very fair and patient so Volcano has left me no choice but to file a complaint with the BBB. Aloha

Ron -

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Aloha Rook,

The CS ticket you are responding to... on the last response you got from us, did it mention in the response that they were moving it to the RMA department that is a "no response" department? When points are issued for special instances like this or a warranty claim is processed and awaiting the return of an item the ticket is placed in the RMA department which is not a monitored department for new responses. That may be why you have not yet heard back form CS on your last response to us.

Points were issued for the value of the item returned. Points can not be issued for the shipping, and points in your account can not be used to cover the cost of shipping. Points can only be used to cover the cost of of the products being purchased.

I promise you, you are not being ignored. It is mst likely that your responses to use are not being seen due to the department the ticket is being held in is not one that is checked for new responses. I urge you to please contact us by either opening a new CS support ticket or by calling us at 1 (800) 870-3357 Monday through Friday
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread