Volcano INFERNO Review (Field Of Vapor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
good review. i am on the same wavelength when it comes to 3 piece units, prefilled cartos and the like.

i never wanted to roll my own cigarettes so why would i want to sit there with a bleeping syringe refilling things? i want to stick prefilled cartos and a pcc in my pocket and move on with my life.

i'm of the mind that e-smoking will never truly catch on until it's as easy as lighting a cigarette. people might think it's cool but once they realize you have to sit there filling things, cleaning attys, etc, most will say "screw it" and keep smoking. cartos are the future, 3 pieces feel like archaic technology.

people say that buying prefilleds is a waste of money. i just ordered 40 prefilleds for like $70, that will probably last me 2, 3 weeks. i was spending $250 a month on cigs, i'm still saving money. if e-cigs ever go mainstream it will be with prefilled cartos and 2 piece models because of their simplicity.

BlackMetalBuick

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good job on the review, sat here vaping with my red Inferno while I watched it. Me and my gf have both had our Inferno kits since this Monday, 11/29. I love it! I definitely agree that it is the best bang for the buck. Other brands offer you two small batteries, or or big battery, or one expensive passthrough. The Inferno's combo of the 650 passthrough and the 1000 is the best out there. I purchased my kits during their Black Friday promo, with an additional coupon code stacked on top of it, and they cost me $46 each. eGo kits were on sale last week for $40, with two 650 batteries and no passthrough capability. Needless to say, it was worth spending a little more.

I ordered some prefilled carts so we would have something to vape right away, and they were decent. Like you, I'm glad they offer the blank cartomizers, and I included those in my order as well. I didn't buy juice from them, as this is the one area where they are priced out of the market by other vendors. I also had to spring for the $3 syringe. The syringe tip that comes in the kit is pretty useless by itself.

Refilling cartomizers is a non issue for me. I'm sure you're right that there are some people out there who won't have the patience for it, but it takes 90 seconds to do, and the 2ml capacity will keep you happy for a long time. For me, 2ml lasts more than a day. If you vape heavier, refill two cartomizers at a time and keep it with you. This extra step may discourage some potential vapers, but it is really nothing to worry about. The cartomizers are a nice quality product, and I can't imagine tossing one in the trash just because it goes empty. But I like to save as much money as I can. These cartomizers have two small seals to remove, and then the small syringe holes that you fill through. There are cartomizers out there that are much easier to fill, but the extra ten seconds to remove two seals is worth it when you don't have juice dripping back into your mouth during use.

Speaking of saving money, 2 day FedEx shipping was free with our order. Sweet! I ordered on Black Friday and my kits came the following Monday. Pretty amazing considering they are located in Hawaii.

Another plus from Volcano is their reward points system. I didn't really pay attention to it at first, but tonight I was checking various vendors for a 306 cisco atty, and came to realize that the points from my last purchase amounted to $6. So Volcano just got a second purchase from me.

The quality of the product is amazing. The subtle design on the outer casing is a great benefit compared to all the other plain colored eGos you can buy. The black one looks great and I love the red color that I got. I have yet to drain a battery until I actually needed to charge it. They last forever. Great vapor from the Magma atomizer, I recommend dripping with it. The cartomizers are workhorses as well. I've been getting vapor clouds that I see other people making a big deal about in videos involving complicated mods.

As a noob trying to decide where to order from, Volcano kinda blended in with the other flashy websites who buy Joye clones, rebrand them, charge a few extra dollars, and claim that their product is a step above for this reason or that. But thankfully I gave them a second look before ordering and realized they weren't just like the others.

I guess I've become a total fanboy. I see people recommending the eGo left and right, but I really think the Inferno surpasses it in a few key categories.

EDIT: Almost forgot, 12 month warranty on batteries! I'm not sure of the exact terms and conditions, but still, that's insane (in a good way). Usually I see other vendors offering 6 months at most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread