Volcano Lavatube V2 Battery question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLKman212

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
United States
Recently upgraded to the Volcano Lavatube V2. I have been enjoying it as it's a big upgrade from my 650mAh Ego-C's. One issue I have is that the battery that came with the kit (the AW IMR 18650 1600mAh) doesn't have enough juice to last me a full day of moderate-heavy vaping. I want to upgrade the battery, but the 3000mAh Ultrafire battery that Volcano sells on website doesn't have the best reviews online, so that one's out...and the 2000mah AW IMR high drain on their website seems to be a legit battery, but I still want more vape time with my battery.

I was looking to buy the Orbtronic High Drain 18650 2900mAh NCR18650PD because it's a reputable Panasonic cell, 2900mAh and high drain. From what i've gathered from reading elsewhere I need a high drain battery(?) that is not protected (because if it were protected it would decrease the high drain capabilities? and the LT V2 has protection?). But, the battery is not IMR and is a "hybrid"...which means it's neither ICR or IMR or both...I'm just not sure...and I want to make sure this battery is ok before I purchase it. In the review for the battery from the link there is a VAMO V2 user who said it worked well and I've read that the VAMO is just like the LT V2 except for the variable wattage...so...

The setup with my LT varies from 1.5 or 3 ohm single coil carto tanks, 1.6ohm DCT, 1.8-2.4ohm (which all actually seem to be .3ohm higher than what they say) Vision Vivi Novas...if this helps.

Thanks for any help.

Toker Bell

Apr 4, 2013
USSA
I have the LAVATUBE V2 from volcanoecigs and use the Orbtronic Hybred IMR 18650 High Drain Li-Mn/Li-ion 2250mAh 3.7V battery with the button-top. Bought two from them and got a case for the two with them. I really don't know how long they last, I only use my LAVATUBE V2 while at home in the evening, and then only when sitting somewhere for a while. Most of the time I'm using a eGo c-twist or Volcano Inferno battery when moving about.

I'm surprised you can't get a full day of vaping out of a 1600mAh battery. A non-variable 3.7V 950mAh battery lasts me a full day and I'm constantly hitting the thing with 18-24mg/ml ejuice in BOGE 2.0 ohm carts (which I really like .. they produces a nice warm vape with my favorite tobacco flavors).

MLKman212

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
United States
Thanks for the replies.

I think one of the issues I had was that the resistance on one of my smoktech 1.5ohm cartos went down to 1.0ohms and the "Lo" that displayed had the ohm symbol next to it...so today when I thought I was having low battery problems it was the carto. The 1600mAh usually lasts me a day...it can go more, but it wouldn't last me two so I would recharge at the end on the night. I don't want to be stranded without any charge in my LT. I want something that can last me two days. Of course, once i get another battery I'll have two, so...I just want the largest capacity high drain that will work. I've sent orbtronics a message about the button tops and am awaiting their response.

The AW IMR 18650 that came with my kit is a button top and I swear when I looked at the orbtronics site last night there were options to purchase button tops or flat tops...and I'm pretty sure I need a button top.

Also, I've been having issues with the tanks keeping some of my cartos saturated with juice and when they're dry I get a really harsh hit. My solution is to unscrew the tank from my LT and put my palm over the 510 connection to block the air and inhale through the drip tip to create suction then release my palm so that the juice goes in through the hole. Does anyone experience this and know a better solution? I imagine once i use up my pre-punched and start punching my own I'm sure i can fix this punching slightly bigger holes(?).

MLKman212

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
United States
The AW IMR 18650 that came with my kit is a button top and I swear when I looked at the orbtronics site last night there were options to purchase button tops or flat tops...and I'm pretty sure I need a button top.

Just heard back from someone at orbtronics and they said there were options for button tops and they sold out. He knew that it was for my PV and asked me what I was using. They are working on getting button tops for next week and they "are working on 3 separate pages for each model."

I'm very new to mods. For 1.5 years I used an E-go 900 and dripped straight into the atty. A new store opened in my area and they really push the mods. Now my partner and I both have what I believe is the Lavatube (though when I look online they actually look more like the Lambo). I love the heat and it is nice to not have to constantly drip to get that heat and clear flavor from the tanks (of course, it took me a couple of weeks and a lot of e-juice to find the right flavors that would stay consistent in the tanks), but now I'm running into the issue of the batteries not lasting. I mean, I'm not using them for an extended period of time. I can buy a battery and it will last, maybe, a week (charging it daily). I put it in the mod and then all of the sudden the mod seems to not work. The juice gets really slurpy and it isn't hot and before I know it, the battery is shot. Completely dead. Also, my chargers are burning out. Over the past few weeks (we've had these mods for maybe a month or so), I've lost about 7 or 8 batteries and 3 or 4 chargers. I've changed up the batteries... tried different types... same thing with the chargers. I could understand if it was just my mod, but it's my partner's mod as well. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread