Volcano Standard Kit-Review: Inconsistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hey everyone-

Semi new to vaping but thought this might be a helpful review to those of us that are just starting and looking for a kit to buy! A little about myself and smoking background:

Im 26 and have been smoking Natural American Spirit Lights (yellow) since I was 17.
I stopped smoking about 3 weeks ago (first week on Blu disposables! Still love them)
Brands I was considering buying:

blu
V2
Volt
Vapor 4 Life

Why did I not go with these?:

blu-Heard/read awful awful things about battery life/customer service/shipping/returns/etc. If I read more than 20 bad reviews on something I wont buy it.
V2-I dont know, Im girly and care about colors and such things. I didnt like how the V2s looked and they seemed a little pricey. Also not much out there on reviews. When I look at it now, I actually like the way it looks. Go figure :blush:
Vapor 4 Life-At the time I also didnt see many reviews so I wasnt sure.

Why Volcano? I read good reviews, watched several review videos on the company, heard they had excellent customer service among other things and I liked how they had the PCC similar to blu. So it was basically LIKE blu...but ...supposedly better?

Review:
PCC
The best part about the kit was the PCC. It looked very nice and sleek, had the led light on the side so if youre looking in a massive purse like mine for something you can quickly access it. Some people might find that pointless but I liked it anyway.

The PCC also did its job, more importantly. It recharged my batterys 8+ times before I needed to recharge the case itself. I thought that was pretty cool. Seemed to have held a good batt life.

DOWNSIDE:
My USB port was crooked so when I did need to charge it, I had to get a pen and push the port DOWN so I could align it properly with the opening. Come on Volcano! :( I sent this back for a new one and am still awaiting my pack.

My boyfriends PCC just decided to stop working on the second day. It wouldnt charge a battery at all and would show that the pack was almost at an empty charge when you had charged it for a long time. Then sometimes the display would just show nothing. Then sometimes the light wouldnt work. Most importantly it didnt charge your batts, so it was useless. Also sent back, still awaiting new PCC.

Batteries
Ugh. What the hell.
The first day I got these I was actually ok with them. They did put out some decent vapor for such a tiny little e cig. Maybe an hour of good vaping. Maybe slightly less but definitely not more. Slowly but surely they started becoming less. I made VERY close attention during each charge that I was taking the batt off the charger when it was done to avoid overcharging. Still seems like every time I recharge Im getting less and less vape time.

Downside (like I didnt say it already)
Really bad timing on the batteries but I also understand because they are SO tiny and this will be the case with them and theres not much you can do.
Something that REALLY irked me though was that my boyfriends batteries produced a lot more vapor and provided better hit than mine. The only difference was color. It was EXTREMELY irritating to have one set of batts be less consistent with others. We even switched one of each to the other while at work to see if we werent just fooling ourselves. He told me flat out that my battery just "sucked".
Sent one of my batts back and awaiting new replacement.

Cartomizers
Maybe the only good thing. One cart lasted me 3 days but its super subjective to pull and vaping time, I know. For me thats how long they lasted and so Ive been happy about that. My boyfriend is a heavy vapor..er...(vapist? vaperor?) and he goes through 1 in about 2 days.
They are refillable so that was another fun thing to do in the meantime.
Menthol has a citrus hint to it, very delicious :)
Vanilla is not vanilla, tastes like banana, FYI *

Downside:
2 of my cartos didnt work. So....really...3/5 working? The pack is near $12 each so it wouldve been nice to have had those two work. Sigh again for Volcano.

All in all, having to send back two PCC's and a battery is somewhat annoying. Im really dissapointed that my boyfriends batteries worked and produced better hits/vapor/hours to use than mine. Its actually really strange how much better his were compared to mine. Just a super inconsistent kit that really put me off from wanting to buy from them.

It bums me out because I do actually like the company. I like how they've got this whole Hawaii vibe thing going (well thats where theyre stationed xD) and they seem as if they are more of a "moral" company than some others...but, in the end, I did feel like I put down $70ish of my money on something that just BARELY is getting me by without smoking analogues.

I decided when I get my next paycheck to go for a Volt kit instead. My boyfriend needs something heavier so he will also be getting XL's from V4L and perhaps a Volt kit too. My advice is if youre a seriously LIGHT smoker buy these and you might be happy, assuming that everything works properly and you dont have to keep sending things back.

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
if u just started i would go with the halo g6 check them out Electronic Cigarette by Halo my first e cig was the blu and it SUCKS!!! ^-^ and yes the halo g6 doesn't have a pcc but why need it when you can get the standard battery and last u a whole day. ^-^

Yeah I heard that was good :) Im not too new with e cigs but I definitely wasnt 100% happy with Volcano.
I mean I guess for the little size they are cool to take around with you but it really does leave you wanting more. And Im not even a heavy vaperor, so that is sort of saying something.

Im gonna get the Volt next, Ive read/heard so many good things about it. Even the mod/box vaperors like it!

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The Halo G6 is the Volt but with better juice (yes taste is subjective...its still better juice) in the cartomizers.

I like volcano products, the inferno works well...the magnum is as good as any mini 510 and at the price I just as well rock those out with 2.0ohm cartomizers as any mini

but I couldn't recommend the super mini volcano V2 or blu to anyone

I think you will enjoy your Volt and then your boyfriend will be jealous of your unit (unless he gets one as well)

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Halo G6 is the Volt but with better juice (yes taste is subjective...its still better juice) in the cartomizers.

I like volcano products, the inferno works well...the magnum is as good as any mini 510 and at the price I just as well rock those out with 2.0ohm cartomizers as any mini

but I couldn't recommend the super mini volcano V2 or blu to anyone

I think you will enjoy your Volt and then your boyfriend will be jealous of your unit (unless he gets one as well)

Definitely! Im really looking forward to getting the Volt! My boyfriend and I watched some videos and some threads and he was convinced to try it.
The more tragic thing about this is not that we each spent 70$+ on our Volcano kits, but that my boyfriend got so annoyed with the inconsistency of the battery that he went back to analogues :(:( :(

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just thought Id post an update to this:

We finally got our new PCC's back. Both working (for now) thankfully cept my boyfriends white one rattles as if the charging port inside is loose. So far no issues though.
We both said we needed a new battery. He did not return his for inspection and I did. Whats funny is that his new battery is fine (so hes got 3 now) and I sent in my battery, got a replacement and it sucks LOL. It totally turns on by itself and will irandomly flash!! So weird!

But yeah. Not gonna buy from them again. We've moved onto 808s from Smokelessimage and V4l. Cannot wait to see what its like to vape for more than 20 minutes on one unit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread