Voopoo Drag, Smoant Charon or Smoant Battlestar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have the Battlestar and the Charon 218. Both are well built quality devices. I only use power mode so I don't know how they would do in TC. If I could only get one, it would probably be the Battlestar because it fits better in my hand and my pocket and because it has been out a while now and no bad reviews that I have found.

VapingMoose

Aug 18, 2017
I have the Battlestar and the Charon 218. Both are well built quality devices. I only use power mode so I don't know how they would do in TC. If I could only get one, it would probably be the Battlestar because it fits better in my hand and my pocket and because it has been out a while now and no bad reviews that I have found.
Thanks for your feedback. Firing delay and battery life is important for me. Hows the battery life on Battlestar and is there any firing delay?

Reactions: Letitia

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks for your feedback. Firing delay and battery life is important for me. Hows the battery life on Battlestar and is there any firing delay?
Battery life is good. I have not noticed any firing delay on either the Battlestar or the Charon I have another one of each ordered. I'm using Combo RTDAs with triple coil at .15 ohm and dual claptons at .2

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
All 3 are great, the Battlestar's shape is my favorite. Fits in the hand the best and doesn't knock over as easy. It's battery cutoff is an issue for some but it's really better for the life of your cells. I get a day out of my Battlestar so it's not an issue for me. Honestly you will love all three, they are all great devices.

Reactions: Letitia

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
All 3 are great, the Battlestar's shape is my favorite. Fits in the hand the best and doesn't knock over as easy. It's battery cutoff is an issue for some but it's really better for the life of your cells. I get a day out of my Battlestar so it's not an issue for me. Honestly you will love all three, they are all great devices.
Really, I have not had any battery cut-off

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Really, I have not had any battery cut-off
I'm talking about when the mod reads empty batteries and won't fire anymore. All mods have a battery cutoff. The Battlestar's is about 3.4 and that's higher than other mods that will run the battery down to say 3.1 volts. That's what I was talking about.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
That's tough.
Looks, no. Weight, certainly not. Build quality on both is solid.

I've found TC to be similar, as is most of the settings. However the Drag does fire faster. Not much faster, but faster.

Battery life is ahrd to say. If pressed I'd say they are the same, maybe an edge to the Revenger, but slight.

Really, to me, they're more alike than dissimilar.

Well I will have all three shortly I hope. Ordered a Charon today from Fasttech, my first order from China. I got the copper colored version of the last one before the new touch screen came out. Really liking my Battlestar so I thought I would give the Charon a shot. Also added another Serpent SMM to round out my stable of all 4 of the color options.
Hoping I have better luck than I have with SMOK Procolor. I had it less than a month and quite firing. Lights up and all functions seem to work, but no fire to the coil. I am beside myself.

Which Charon did you order?
authentic-smoant-charon-218w-tc-vw-variable-wattage-box-mod-copper-zinc-alloy-1218w-2-x-18650.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread