VR Wood Mods bottom feeders kiwi style

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyW

Aug 24, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Life does get in the way sometimes and there's no way around that... However, to go and post on FB and totally ignore his customers here on this forum, is inexcusable...

If he had time to post there, he had time to post here!!!

Exactly. All that needed to happen was one post on here saying that he was out of the game and the block situation would be dealt with via Pms. The disappearing act makes him look like a ....!

hotsauc333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
So he still has your mod as well as the block...this is just unacceptable :grr:

Unbelievable, this is more then disappointing and I'm the one that lucked out, I still got my mod.I think it was the last one he made on this forum, hotsauc333 was next in line.:(

Unfortunately, yes. He still has the block and mod I sent. But I'm trying to be patient. Like Tom said "I'm trying to keep an open mind" but a heads up would have been nice.

And yes Splatnext just got in under the wire. I was the next run. So close

Reactions: Slots

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Unfortunately, yes. He still has the block and mod I sent. But I'm trying to be patient. Like Tom said "I'm trying to keep an open mind" but a heads up would have been nice.

And yes Splatnext just got in under the wire. I was the next run. So close

Can't like this :(

:facepalm:

I'm really sorry....

I'm hopeful that Vaughan will step up and handle this situation like a man...

Patience....well let's just say mine is wearing thin....I saw something like this coming and the reason I asked to retrieve my wood over a month ago. I kept hoping he would respond and all this could have been handled smoothly, quietly and equitably. At this point Vaughan has chosen to turn this into a public spectacle :grr:

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
post reading through this is sent Vaughan a pm on Facebook. Was seriously concerned for his wellbeing prior to this update. I had sent a fairly pricey block sizable enough for probably 3 mods, from which he had sold a piece off to an ecf member and kept the proceeds with a promise to credit the receipts to my production. Hummm!

Reactions: Slots

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am disheartened to read of these developments. I sincerely hope Vaughan's personal situation improves and he can get right with his ECF peeps.

I have a hard time believing he would leave things unsettled.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
@Doffy replied to Vaughan in the post on FB. This was his response... "Don't panic Dan, will pm you shortly when im at the computer...." Not sure he got any kind of actual response other than that though. That was on 9/17...
I did, sorry I thought I mentioned it here. Can't copy a message with ecf rules. But he said his daughter was in hospital, he'll still make my mod, but not for Americans.

But then he said he'd be in touch in a week or two, didn't realise it had been so long.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Did he say it was because of the deeming regs, was the reason he's not selling in the US anymore?

yeah

he mentioned the importer could risk penalties, which i didn't know. But he doesn't want to be responsible for that

very quick chat, or i would have asked more about blocks being returned

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Hi all, firstly, apologies for the no contact for some time.
I have had a difficult year will health concerns almost claiming my daughter (she is recovering nicely now), and my health also in these difficult times, I know that does not concern you, but I have backed away from everything except necessary contacts while working my way through these things.

You all have been in a holding pattern for quite some time now, and I do sincerely apologize for the anguish I have caused, especially those who have blocks here waiting for mods to be crafted from them.

The new deeming rules have been fairly demoralizing for modders everywhere outside of the US, I have spoken to some US advocates who have assured me that if mods are intercepted at the border would be destroyed, with the owners liable for steep fines if they decide to prosecute. Bad news for me and certainly for all of you also. I should have been in here discussing this long ago, but have dropped the ball in this regard. As such I will not be sending more mods into the US, and will work through with block owners and figure out how to deal with customer owned blocks that I have here. I will be making a few mods as time allows around family and work commitments, so leaving blocks here for mods to be made and the owners reimbursed as those mods are done is an option. this may not be fast as I am stretched time-wise, but they can be worked out in this way. I cannot buy the owners out as the last while has sapped my finances. I can box up the blocks to be returned, and send them into the states for distribution if somebody would like to do this. I cannot send them back to their owners individually as the cost is impossible for me especially as the US ruling is the reason that I have to back out of the US. I will continue to do mods for non US customers on a limited basis, so those on the list from outside the US can continue with their mods if they chose to do so.

Phew, good to get all that out...

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
yeah

he mentioned the importer could risk penalties, which i didn't know. But he doesn't want to be responsible for that

very quick chat, or i would have asked more about blocks being returned
Thanks Doffy. Apparently the importer is liable for $5000 fine or 5 year max imprisonment by the new rules. This is unlikely but the destruction at the border is possible if intercepted without FDA papers, and not something I want to risk, nor any of you I would imagine.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Hi all, firstly, apologies for the no contact for some time.
I cannot send them back to their owners individually as the cost is impossible for me .
SOOoo good to hear from you, and to learn that things are getting better, and working out.

Speaking for myself, I am more than willing to pay the cost of returning my blocks.
You'll just have to let me know how you want to handle it.
So, please keep that in mind (if no one steps up).
Thanks again for the update :thumbs:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Glad to hear your daughter is doing better.

I am also willing to pay the shipping fees to have my blocks returned. Just let me know what you need.

Out of concern for others who sent mods to you, please be sure to speak with them and find arrangements before dealing with my wood blocks.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
You can put them all in a box and send them here. Then people can pay postage from here "home". But it's obviously not the cheapest option for anyone. Equivalent of 1st class would be about $15-$20 per block, priority $30, and express $40 or more.

I'll PM my address on facebook, but hopefully someone in the states can take the reigns.

hotsauc333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Glad to hear things are getting better for you and your family.

I'll pm you about the mod and the block that I sent.

And thanks for replying here, it must be tough. But we are an understanding group and want nothing but the best for you and your family.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
You can put them all in a box and send them here. Then people can pay postage from here "home". But it's obviously not the cheapest option for anyone. Equivalent of 1st class would be about $15-$20 per block, priority $30, and express $40 or more.

I'll PM my address on facebook, but hopefully someone in the states can take the reigns.

You can forward the box for the States to me and I can disperse them. Will be cheaper for everyone. If so, I would want the blocks to be labeled as to who they belong to. I don't have the bandwidth to take pictures of blocks and post them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread