[VTC-mini,FW] Need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferox

Jun 12, 2016
Hello

Since the VTwo, we, owners of the VTC-mini, know that our box will no longer be supported by joyetech.

That's (part of) why I wrote a custom firmware for that box, derived from the guenuine.
You may look to ClockSelect/myevic repository on Github to see what I did.

I come to you to collect Ideas and suggestions to know (and maybe do) what a dream firmware should be.

Welcome.

Ferox

Jun 12, 2016
Some screenshots:

Mainview with real-time clock (remember it's an evic VTC, not VTwo):

Main view with analog clock:

Menu overwiew:

coils management:
You can edit coils value, reset the coil and lock its value.

Select the modes you use or not, so that you don't see useless modes any more when changing your ato:

Change the screen contrast:

Have a cool 3D spinning cube, just to say that box is yours:

Last edited:

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
Tried a build on mint/rosa, installed arm gcc and libs, python-evic and the library from the nuvoton sdk, all installed without error. The build starts off fine and the first assembly file gets compiled, but then I get:

src/myprintf.c: In function 'my_doprnt':
src/myprintf.c:112:5: error: unknown type name 'uint32_t'
uint32_t n = va_arg( ap, uint32_t );
src/myprintf.c:112:5: error: unknown type name 'uint32_t'

Not sure what I'm missing, all the include files seem to be present and in paths pointed to by the -I directives given in the Makefile... any ideas?

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
Yes I might give that a try at some point.

I suppose there are a few KB free memory still remaining, maybe some small screensavers are a possibility, like the 3d cube but as a screensaver. easy ones would be like a qix/wandering lines, a starfield, or a 3d math function plotter. If I code something up I will send you the patches or a pull request. Keep up the great work.

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
I cloned it again, thanks for the include fixes and the addition of the screensaver menu... the cube looks great, I will try to add a couple more if I am able.
Of all my many types of mods, the little VTC keeps turning up to be so flexible/hackable, and from browsing around nuvoton, what a nice little ARM processor it has. Commendations to you for your fine disassembly and coding skill, thats a really nice piece of work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread