Vtr or svd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashcore

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Grand rapids mi
I have the mvp 2.0 and like the box shape. However the only real advantage the vtr has over the svd is the amp limit is greater. The heaviness of the mod doesn't concern me. I want a device I don't worry about when I put it in my pocket and I do with my mvp. For almost double the price of the svd, it really has me thinking.....

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
The VTR is very pocketable, just wear a belt... ;) It does protect the tank much better than a cylindrical mod... I have 2 MVPs and a Tesla,and got the VTR a couple weeks ago. The MVPs and the Tesla are getting jealous. The VTR makes the MVP feel like a toy... I highly recommend it if you like box mods and are fond of the Protanks/Protank clones or the iClear 30.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I have both and will say that I like the SVD is better. I like the VTR and you can carry it a little easier in a pocket, but it only takes 18650 batteries and your choice of tanks can be limited by the stabilizing ring. Also, and this may just be my particular unit, the ohm readings can be twitchy. I use Protanks exclusively in this mod and I've found that my OHM readings can skyrocket from 2.5 to about 3.6! It doesn't happen all the time and may just be the way the connection is made between the pin and the head, but I don't ever seem to have the problem with my SVD.

I still use my VTR, but always seem to keep coming back the SVD once it's time to change batteries. Just my two cents worth and personal preferences.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
I have an eVic, a MVP v1, and a new VTR. I also use Protanks 2s, on all three mods (and carry EVODs with 450 mAh minis when out). My mods are all stay-at-home dealies.

eI love all three!!! When using the eVic, I prefer using it in shorty mode, but the 18350s don't last long. The MVP is a WORKHORSE, delivering great vapes over a long time. The form factor is great in the hand, but the clearo sticking out kinda bothers me.

The VTR is a VERY heavy mod. It reminds me of the enourmous coffee table lighters from the 70s ;) It feels good in the hand, and vapes great. I also LOVE the iClear 30s, but do not like the cost of the replacement coils. There is the "rattlesnake" electrical noise, but it is faint and doesn't bother me at all. Battery life with Panny 3400 mAh 18650s is shorter than I expected, even running at 3.7 volts.

I LOVE the blue LED ;)

My criticisms of the VTR are the same as others on the innerwebby, and are NOT deal-breakers in any way. Overall, I am very happy.

The biggest opportunity for improvement is:

Put a freakin % battery readout on the display instead of just three LED colors!!! It CAN'T be that hard!

Overall, a great effort by Innokin.

YMMV

Trashcore

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Grand rapids mi
Picked up the vtr today. First impressions are quality, sturdy, and man does it vape! Love the way it feels in the hand. More comfortable than a cylinder. So far I have vaped, a protank 3, iclear 30s and a carto tank. Carto tank didn't fit. Had to use the adapter. Honestly I don't hate the adapter like I thought I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread