VUSE refill cartridges - Red / White Flash error code (Causes and Possible FIX!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Howell

Jan 25, 2016
The common problem with the VUSE refill:

New cartridge will not work when connected. You get flashing Red/White light which means there is no connection between the battery and the cartridge. The other thing that happens is you get this error code in the middle of a cartridge lifespan.

I have had cartridges die like this after about 10 puffs and sometimes after about 100. You get 170 puffs now from a new cartridge from my research using the VUSE Connect Bluetooth battery.

I have 3 total batteries I have used to test with. This is one easy way to rule out a connection problem or a defective cartridge. They tell you on their website to remove cartridge and reconnect. Yea ok any ..... would obviously try that first. In last 30+ times this has happened it has fixed the problem one time.

Warranty Replacement is a JOKE!

VUSE Customer Service is happy to take care of the problem when you call 1-877-614-VUSE. However VUSE has a poor refund system in place that is completely unacceptable. You will wait 6 or more weeks for a replacement coupon each time you call in a defective cartridge. I had 5 defects out of 10 cartridges and I saved them to figure out if possible what is going wrong with these things.

THE CAUSE

Inside the VUSE cartridge there is a circuit board that holds their microprocessor used to verify the authenticity of the battery its connected to and to regulate the puffs. This circuit board appears to be snapped together and held in place by the coil posts. The connector pins on the bottom of the cartridge form into a contact that the circuit board slides into and makes contact. This is where the problem is happening!!

In this picture you can see how the circuit board rests in place held down by the connector pins.
I slid the circuit board out of the socket so that the contacts are exposed on the circuit board. Shown in the next picture.

The problem is the connections are breaking loose and from the way this is designed I am not surprised. My theory is maybe a BAD DESIGN on the circuit board contacts. I noticed that the ejuice gets all over these contacts which cant be good.

THE POSSIBLE FIX!!!

By moving the board in and out of the socket a few times seemed to repair 3 of these dead cartridges!! I used a small paperclip and a needle to do this without opening the cartridge. You cannot open the cartridge and put it back together without damaging it don't even try. You may have to bust one open to get a feel of what you're doing and what to push at with the paperclip and needle. I suggest saving a depleted cartridge for dissection and reference.

1. Use a needle it has to be small enough to go through the tiny hole on near the center connector. You will feel the edge of the white circuit board shown in the pictures. Push in and you'll feel the board slide a small amount.
2. Use a paperclip go thru the hole of the mouthpiece and you will have to push the board back the other way to slide it back into place. Be careful not to damage the atomizer coil. You can easily find the coil and the circuit board is about 1/4 inch below the coil.

I had to repeat this a few times on one of the cartridges to make the contact good enough to work. But with a needle and a paperclip I just saved myself a few bucks since I have been waiting over 6 weeks for replacement coupons.

Hope this helps a VUSE user.

Reactions: Swoozy

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Are there any Vuse users out there , i only used cigalikes when i didn't know that anything else existed , far superior vaping devices out there nowadays .

Your warranty replacement nightmares and numerous cartridge dud's make it even more of a no go .

I am agreeing, yet can see this will likely be the future. "Oh, well e-cigs suck so I have to use tobacco. D__n it, they win again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread