VV Ali'i vs. Reo Grand/Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
I'm edging towards the VV Ali'i because its VV, but its harder and a longer wait to get, and it would make my LR attys useless. Plus metal case is more durable than wood obviously.

But, with neither in my possession, I have no idea how they vape. While both have gotten great reviews so far, I know people who have both have their favorite between the two. I guess I'm hoping for a heated discussion between the two...

Aiden

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
Are you going to take it out of the house? Get a REO. I have a Mini and a Grand and like them both but for an all around vape, get the Grand. 6ml and 18650, good to go! I wouldnt even be concerned about dropping this thing from a balcony, I think it would still work. Plus, its all mechanical. If you want a VV for home, buy a Provari. More REO Grands go on sale on Saturday, get one and you can be vaping by Wednesday. Just this man's opinion.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
So no Ali'i at all? why is that?

Are you going to take it out of the house? Get a REO. I have a Mini and a Grand and like them both but for an all around vape, get the Grand. 6ml and 18650, good to go! I wouldnt even be concerned about dropping this thing from a balcony, I think it would still work. Plus, its all mechanical. If you want a VV for home, buy a Provari. More REO Grands go on sale on Saturday, get one and you can be vaping by Wednesday. Just this man's opinion.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
Yeah I've read that review multiple time. Because of the learning curve, I've eliminated the feedimus from my options. Tryingto pick between the roe and Ali'i. I love the VV option, but worry about the price, the waiting time, and the durability. But I love high voltage; while my prodigy was still working i was in love. So I don't know what to do, and have to make a decision soon as the grand's go on sale tomorrow.

HELP!!!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I Have had all the PV's you have listed.

My go to is the REO Grand. it can be ran at 6v easy using a standard atty. I use it at 3.7 with a Cisco LR306 1.5 and its as good as any 5v mod I have found. The good Flavor Good.

The Grand is much more durable.

The Ali'i is a good PV. the VV cool but I found once set I never changed it. battery life was not as good and durability not so good. Never dropped it mind you but was always afraid I would

the Grand is all mechanical well built and should last a life time if cared for.

Just my 2c hope it helps :)

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
I've been vaping for awhile now, and I have 510's, 3.7V mods, 5V mods and 6V mods, but never a feeder mod. I've been happy with what I have but have been toying with the idea of a feeder mod for about two months now. Are they really as reliable and consistent as I've read? Are there any issues with leaking at all?

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
There is no restriction on juice for the Grand. Rob includes a small reducer tube just in case you experience auto feeding. Its rare and will totally depend on the viscosity of the juice. The few times I heard about it, it was with near 100% PG but have only seen a few cases of this.

your 80/20 should run just fine. :)

Hope that helps.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
There is no restriction on juice for the Grand. Rob includes a small reducer tube just in case you experience auto feeding. Its rare and will totally depend on the viscosity of the juice. The few times I heard about it, it was with near 100% PG but have only seen a few cases of this.

your 80/20 should run just fine. :)

Hope that helps.

Alright, as long as its easy to install i'm down. I do have a couple 100% PG juices I'd hate to have to thicken up, but I'll make it work.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The Provari can't hold the VV Ali'i's jock strap in my opinion ! heck I have the Reo Grand = dam good Mod,
the Reo Mini= OK Mod, The Provari Mod = good for a VV Tube Mod, same darn thing as a Buzz for the most part, I know people will argue that but its the fact, just another VV Tube Mod, but with an LED read out but a nice Mod and a good one, but the VV Ali'i is VV and delivers Juice, now there is the special part of the VV Ali'i "JUICE DELIVERY WITH VV" This combo is a winner, all this talk also about dropping Mods is nonsense too in my opinion, all of them will take an occasional drop as mine do and have, but how often do we really drop our Mods and on concrete or a surface where they get damaged beyond repair or use and from 2 story's up, Never have I and if your dangling off a ladder with a hammer , nail gun, or paint brush in one hand it's not vape break anyhow. Yes the Reo Grand is of course the strongest and again a nice Mod, no gripes here, but the VV Ali'i is a purty Mod and has VV w/juice delivery. I will take that combo for an overall Mod. Again, they all have there pluses and minuses and all 3 Moders of the Reo, Provari, and the VV Ali'i are ALL dam good Moders that we all have and are lucky to have them all too, so if your deciding the main objectives are do you want juice deliver and VV in your mod or not, personally I do, but there are times I take my Grand instead of my VV Ali and other times I take my VV Ali over my Grand, both are exceptional in my honest opinion and all 3 have there place in my rotation.!:2cool:

youngll11

ECF Veteran
Yeah now that's what I'm talking about! Well said! I'm actually in Palm Beach now, not too far from you, but going back to Los Angeles on Sunday. I think im going with the Reo Grand because of the price difference, and then after a few more work days (please God) I'll go back to the Ali'i VV.

For the Reo Grand, can I use 3000mAH 18650s? I don't know anything about electricity except that it lights up a light bulb and allows me to vape. I saw a video review that suggested 2400mAH batts for the Reo, but i saw on madvapes that they now have a 3000mAH. Will this work, or will this kill the mod?

Thanks for your time btw that's exactly what I was looking for.

The Provari can't hold the VV Ali'i's jock strap in my opinion ! heck I have the Reo Grand = dam good Mod,
the Reo Mini= OK Mod, The Provari Mod = good for a VV Tube Mod, same darn thing as a Buzz for the most part, I know people will argue that but its the fact, just another VV Tube Mod, but with an LED read out but a nice Mod and a good one, but the VV Ali'i is VV and delivers Juice, now there is the special part of the VV Ali'i "JUICE DELIVERY WITH VV" This combo is a winner, all this talk also about dropping Mods is nonsense too in my opinion, all of them will take an occasional drop as mine do and have, but how often do we really drop our Mods and on concrete or a surface where they get damaged beyond repair or use and from 2 story's up, Never have I and if your dangling off a ladder with a hammer , nail gun, or paint brush in one hand it's not vape break anyhow. Yes the Reo Grand is of course the strongest and again a nice Mod, no gripes here, but the VV Ali'i is a purty Mod and has VV w/juice delivery. I will take that combo for an overall Mod. Again, they all have there pluses and minuses and all 3 Moders of the Reo, Provari, and the VV Ali'i are ALL dam good Moders that we all have and are lucky to have them all too, so if your deciding the main objectives are do you want juice deliver and VV in your mod or not, personally I do, but there are times I take my Grand instead of my VV Ali and other times I take my VV Ali over my Grand, both are exceptional in my honest opinion and all 3 have there place in my rotation.!:2cool:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Yeah now that's what I'm talking about! Well said! I'm actually in Palm Beach now, not too far from you, but going back to Los Angeles on Sunday. I think im going with the Reo Grand because of the price difference, and then after a few more work days (please God) I'll go back to the Ali'i VV.

For the Reo Grand, can I use 3000mAH 18650s? I don't know anything about electricity except that it lights up a light bulb and allows me to vape. I saw a video review that suggested 2400mAH batts for the Reo, but i saw on madvapes that they now have a 3000mAH. Will this work, or will this kill the mod?

Thanks for your time btw that's exactly what I was looking for.

The 2400mah batts that were suggested are probably AW which is one of the best batteries available for our needs. The ones at Madvapes are either Ultrafire or Trustfire, either way the 3000mah labeling is optimistic and closer to 24000 as has been tested by several flashlight gurus. Of course the AWs cost more so it's up to you to figure out if it's worth it or not but both will work.

I've never had the Rio or Ali'i but both get awesome feedback from owners. You'll have to figure out what's most important to you, longer battery life in a tougher housing or VV. As for me I'll never have anything that isn't VV, once I tried it I'm not going back.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
The ali'i VV is one pretty mod and worth the wait from the reviews I've seen. It's all about how you vape during the day. Do you change out your attys, juice, and batt to get a different level of flavor and warmth when you see fit or are you more like me and you carry a spare atty and batt. If you're the latter go for the Grand and if not Ali'i it shall be :p I just don't vary my volt through the day like some people do. I am a lr atty 3.7 guy tbh so thats why I went for the REOs. If you get the grand you can technically hit 3.7, 5, 6, 6.4, and 7.4 with batts. If I wanna go HV for a bit I'll just throw in some lifpo4 3.0v and do some 6v to get that true warmth and flavor that everyone enjoys at HV. I love of all types of juice mods and am slowly going to try them all :) Good luck if you are gunning for that grand tomorrow err today.

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
The Provari can't hold the VV Ali'i's jock strap in my opinion ! heck I have the Reo Grand = dam good .!:2cool:

Well, you're half right.:2cool: So a mod that regulates the voltage so every hit from beginning to end of battery life is consistent, tells you the battery voltage and when to change, allows you to set the voltage in 1/10 volt increments (without an attached voltmeter or screwdriver!) Reads the resistance of your atomizer, has numerous safety features not available on any mod, can't hold the jockstrap of a box mod with a potentiometer? OK,that's like comparing the space shuttle to a model T. In this man's opinion. Of course The Ali'i is a juice box so its wins one category at least and you are correct:)
If you check the closed classified threads you will find more than one Journeyman mod that has been sold with a broken door because someone dropped it, personally I have not dropped a mod but people do, if you are one of those people that is another thing to consider.
Visually the Ali'i is a beautiful mod, that is something that cannot be disputed. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on all mods so do the research and make up your own mind based on what is important to you. performance or aesthetics, or both.
I'm just happy there are as many choices in the market as there are different opinions of juice!! Whatever makes you happy!

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Truthfully, the best response to your question is whichever mod you can get first. The nice thing is that if you don't like whatever mod you buy for whatever reason, you can always stick it up on the classifieds and get most (if not all) of your money back. I really like-hell, love-the Reo Grand, but haven't specifically tried the others you asked about.

I'd value the advice of the people who have tried the mods and make comparisons. But to a certain degree, everything's subjective. Get all the input you can, but you're going to eventually have to take the plunge. Good luck and let us know what you get and what you think of it.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion

Well said.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread