VV mods and atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallahant

Apr 10, 2012
Cyprus
I'm usually between 5.0v (8.33 watts@3.0ohm) and 5.5v (10.08 watts @ 3.0 ohm). Someone may be able to explain better, but I actually get about 1 full day at LR and 2 days at SR. I'm using Panny 2250 High Drains. I think it is because at 3.0ohm/5.0v-5.5v I'm drawing 1.7mA to 1.8mA where as at 2.5ohm the same power range would pull 1.8mA to 2.0mA current.

You mean your drawing 1.7-1.8 Amps and not mAmps right? What VV device are you using?
Also, when u are constantly using 3.7 batteries above 5v do you reduce their lifespan as opposed to running them in the 4v range?

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Ok thanks guys, it gets pretty confusing to a new user to VV vaping. So 2-3 ohms would be better for the provari then. And yea after 1+ years of buying cheap ego's and 510's im gonna finally bite the bullet and buy top shelf products. I'm usually an enthusiast when it comes to stuff like this, I just spent 2500 on a new PC a couple of months ago but I couldn't bring myself to spend more than 20 bucks on a pv. Man I could of had 2-3 provari's if I started buying them since the beginning lol.

"Yes" to the first bolded text (single coil, anyway), and "amen, brother" to the second. I wish all beginners had your sense. This thread should be a sticky.

Nicely played, sir. You are in for a treat. Wait until you see how much better your juices taste.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
If you are getting a V2 Provari you can take the 1.5ohm atty far hotter than you would want to use it (3.5a limit instead of 2.5a limit) The real question is why would you want to use a LR atty? LR atties and cartos are designed for those that don't have the power to run SR. You will get far better performance using atties and cartos in the 2.5-3.0ohm range with your Provari.

Thats not necessarily true.I can think of one VERY important reason to use a LR atty in a Provari and thats extending battery life.I use a Smoktech LR atty in mine all the time at 4.2 volts because thats the sweet spot for my juice and I really dont feel like lugging a charger to work.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
@zapped: I think that using LR at more than 4V you are drawing more Amps through your mod than by using resistances of 2.5+ ohms at 5,5-6V. Think Ohms Law I(amps)=V/R. I believe that running higher amps drain batteries more right?

You might be right, Ive just noticed that my batteries SEEM to run out faster when Im vaping at 6 volts on Boge 3.0's

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
This interests me, is there a thread that is all about the Provari in depth? Thank you.

Good Morning Gallahant.
You want to go to ProVari
This is all the info you will need for the ProVari. You can also go to provape.com they are the only ones who sell the ProVari.

xer0trigger

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Central FL
The beauty of the ProVari is that you can use any atty you want on it. It doesn't matter - you just adjust the voltage to accommodate it. What you're looking for is not a particular voltage, but the resultant wattage at the coil. Use an ohm's calculator to find out. Most people like between 8-10w. 9.2w is my personal sweet spot.

I've used anything from 1.5-3.0 atties on my ProVari with great success. It's an awesome device and you won't be disappointed.

Also, when u are constantly using 3.7 batteries above 5v do you reduce their lifespan as opposed to running them in the 4v range?

Nope. The ProVari has a capacitor that gives your atty the higher voltage. The battery has a constant output. That's also how you can still run the ProVari at 5v or whatnot, even when the battery has discharged down to 3.3v or less.

Also to answer your earlier question, yes higher voltage at higher resistances will give you better battery life (on paper, anyway). Personally, I don't worry too much about this though, as the regular 18490 batteries that come with it last me all day anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread