VV REOS Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
The Netherlands
All the cocobolo mods have a straight oil finish no poly .To be honest I could do them in lacquer but it makes me cringe cocobolo feels so good in your hands its a shame to cover it .Some of the new jatoba I did this run have the same feel to them but I did poly most of them I no most folks like the shine . If I could use a camera as well as Tim you would see they all look like his mod .

ooh think i would love an oil finish, sounds like you have more contact with the wood, like the thought of that. hope there will be a standard one with that :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Well, if I had not moved and had a complete change of what type of reo fit my current lifestyle I would be after 5-10 of them on sales night myself. Simply because they are ones made out of woods that I purchased and sent to Rob with the idea of them becomming VV woodies... I am still "tempted", but don't want to be greedy. If I owned more than 1, the others would sit in a display case instead of benefiting another ex-smoker. (Now, the VV Grands might be another story since I spend more time away from home than "at home" these days! :lol:)

I have seen this next scenario played out several times in my time as a reonut. (Each time it left a bad taste in my mouth :grr: :nah:) Mark my words... there will be a few folks that will buy 2 or more with the express intentions of waiting til they are all sold to try to make a proffitt on the classifieds. :glare: Personaly I wish Rob would impliment a "1 per customer max" (if only just for the 24 hours they are first listed!) :2c:

Irreguardless, I believe as long as these have been "in the works", and anticipated by many folks that they will sell out quicker than you may think. Remember, we are not the only vaping forum out there and believe you me. They lurk here...ALOT. Rob probably sells as many to non-ecf'ers as to them...

Howdy Mike Friend. I do, also, abhor the buy and sell for a profit, but let it be known that a few of us WOOD ADDICTS, will bring them home for good or gift or trade with other REOnauts, if we find someone has one we like better and we have one that they like better, after living with them for a while. The few that DH and I are getting are going nowhere, but "New Fort West - The Home of the Swimming REOs," except for maybe a loaner, here and there, to approved homes only.

When I was visiting Jen she brought in a beautiful Purpleheart Woodvil, from mail box. She shyly asked me if I would be willing to trade one of my Paduak Woodvils for her new, re-homed Purpleheart. I certainly was thrilled!!!! I have always loved the Purpleheart Woodvils (I have two Purpleheart very old Woodys) but didn't have one. It was a TOTAL WIN-WIN and I'm so glad she asked!!!!!

Three of the VV Woodvils we are getting we already have Woodvils in those WOODS so we know what we are getting (ourselves into gloriously!!!!!!).

BTW.... Teak is still my favorite Mini Woodvil!!!!!!! He see's a lot of use but still looks brand new!!!! I've given him and Red Stabilized 18490 plenty of chances to "swim" but they seem to have an aversion to "swimming."

VV REOs, hopefully, will never be given the choice to "swim." Just watch, they'll probably be the most anxious to take a dive in.:facepalm:

Hugs, Feisty Alice

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
whew finally all caught up and yes the Stabilized 1's are terrible and feel really bad in your hand especially the 1's in the first 4 rows so just to be safe you should probably go for a natural wood :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Thanks Rob for finally putting are minds at ease (a little anyways) with setting the date night I mean sale night I can't wait :laugh:
I'd do a banana dance but the ultimate banana dance has already been done so How about some fancy foot work:rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::headbang::headbang::headbang::w00t::w00t::w00t::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
whew finally all caught up and yes the Stabilized 1's are terrible and feel really bad in your hand especially the 1's in the first 4 rows so just to be safe you should probably go for a natural wood :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Your right and Im ashamed for lies I said about the Stabilized VVs. :( The truth is I trying to get people attention away from the natural ones...I feel so bad...Im so sorry for my despicable, greedy behavior and maybe over time you'll find it in your hearts to forgive me.
ahheh.gif
(I don't think they're buying it Pietro)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I wonder exactly when the pictures will be up on reosmods.com so we can all familiarize ourselves with which page to go directly to on sale night......

Robert had said he would be trying to get them up the end of this week. That was the last I heard.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I wonder exactly when the pictures will be up on reosmods.com so we can all familiarize ourselves with which page to go directly to on sale night......

I talked to Rob Monday, He said he should start putting the photos on the web site early next week. (Monday) Things could change though.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
My favorite was your mini reo it looked like you used it as a skate board:laugh: I should have taken before and after picks

OMG. I'm glad you didnt !! hahaha...she looked been thru a war and back.

I do remember nailing skates on the bottom of my moms turkey roaster once and taking it for a ride down this long hilly road. No brakes. I about killed myself.

Remember when we were young and wanted to be grown ? WTH were we thinking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread