Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I know I know it's selfserving but it looks so much better when its big and I forgot (seeing everyones natural wood REOs) how gorgeous they can be...er...um...besides I ran out of different threads I can post it. :lol:

REO WOODVIL JATOBA/TEAK

00000WOODvil.jpg

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I didn't mean to scare Keekers and kind of sorry I told her that her loaner Mini Woodvil ........ "Mikes" Teak Mini is in that special group, too. RELAX KEEKERS PLEASE. It is a "battle tank" Woodvil!!!!! Hugs, Feisty Alice

It's ok Alice :)
I would have been nervous even if it wasn't in a special group. I'm nervous (was nervous) because it's special TO YOU! That's the important thing. I've calmed down immensely. Thank you for your reassurance. Having this little beauty in my hands is a real prize.
smiley-love013.gif
Plus you have saved my sanity which is huge! Those two days without a REO/any vaping device made me super crazy.
sFun_banghead2.gif

elainedwright

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2011
georgia
Hey, I believe that i've got your twin - Curly Oak and zebra #1, can't wait to receive it!!
vv_curly_oak_zeb_4f9047cf57ff5.jpg

I actually love the fact that I never really chose which one I wanted and when I got in.. I just went to one of the pages and clicked on one without really looking to see what it was. They are all beautiful and I am honored to have been able to get one. I'm not really interested in the metal grands so I won't be participating in that sale (that'll leave one for someone who really does want one) but when another batch of vv woodvils come out, I'm going to do the same thing.. choose one randomly. I've always looked at the Reo's but was wanting a vv. This is my very first Reo!! I hope my batteries get here by the time I get the mod!

View attachment 96388

I ended up with the curly oak and zebra #2.. I know that there was a #1 and if anyone knows who got mine's twin I'd love to know!

Laszlo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
Australia
another thing i noticed was there are only 2 cocobolo ebonys and 1 is going across the pond to australia so i have the only one in north america!!! :toast:

Cheers bro :toast:

That makes mine the only one in Oz.

I got to the page after 90 minutes of trying and could not believe my eyes than the cocobolo/ebony was still available right on the first page. Got really lucky there arriving so late to the battle.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Hey, I believe that i've got your twin - Curly Oak and zebra #1, can't wait to receive it!!
View attachment 96421

That's wonderful!! Now we know where they are :) And they're not that far apart ;) I tended to favor the lighter woods and I did want one with a different door. I am so happy with the one I got.. but then I would have been happy with any of them LOL.

Last edited:

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
As the Reonauts sleep soundly, they dream of their VV Woodvils making the trek from Maine to their new homes.

And yes, i am awake at 5:30am because i woke up to use the bathroom and foolishly turned on ECF. I'm probably up for the day now and its my day off.

Darn addicting forum.........:)

Looking forward to opening my mailbox in 7 hours for my new Grand. Must get back to sleep so time moves faster.

Have a great day, REO family!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I know I know it's selfserving but it looks so much better when its big and I forgot (seeing everyones natural wood REOs) how gorgeous they can be...er...um...besides I ran out of different threads I can post it. :lol:

REO WOODVIL JATOBA/TEAK

00000WOODvil.jpg

That one was on my list for the Woodvil's. Simply beautiful! Great score Gil!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
I've been coveting Karens "Peter" ever since she got it in her hot little hands. :laugh: Soon after she posted pictures I started groveling to Robert. I may not have been able to get it if I hadn't ordered an 801 connection because my chances of snagging it would have been equal, or less equal due to on/off DSL connection, sprinkled with some pluses for being patient and not messing with unnecessary refreshing during sale. It so happens that I love 801 attys so, for those of us "oddballs" (Tripp's words) who enjoy 801, we have a little bit better chance of scoring our first choice in WOOD. Several of our Woodvils are 801 connection including the old Woodys and all three 18490s.

I'm sending several good sized boards of Pink Ivory to Robert this week for future Woodvils. Besides being a very fine grained wood, and polishing up looking like glass, it is one of the red colored woods that are a bit less UV sensitive. It works easily, too, so Robert should enjoy working with it. Only downside is it is outrageously expensive and very hard to get quality pieces of good size.

I'm going to so love using BW/Spalted and will forever have warm snugly feelings for Karen and Robert every time I use it or look at it. Of course I so love using any REO but this one will go into the "Supremely Special Sentiment" group.

I didn't mean to scare Keekers and kind of sorry I told her that her loaner Mini Woodvil ........ "Mikes" Teak Mini is in that special group, too. RELAX KEEKERS PLEASE. It is a "battle tank" Woodvil!!!!!

Hugs, Feisty Alice

I am so glad you got yours Alice! I was tempted to go for the Spalted maple again. A beautiful combination of woods with the Bloodwood.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
I am going to try posting a picture from my hard drive of my vv Woodvil I got last night. It may tell you a lot about my taste in Woodvils because it was my 1st choice. It's jatoba with bocote

View attachment 96396

(I sure hope this post an image thing works.)
I loved that Bocote door Dottie! That is one spectacular REO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread