vw mod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
So i have the worst luck with mods. I had a innokin mvp 2.0 which died due to ohm fluctuations and autoshuttof every 3 fires after 10 months. bought an mvp 3.0 and 5 months later it has the ohms reader issue where it fluctuates severely making it unusable. And i just bought a kanger subox, but within 3 days it is already dying with the subtank pushing down the pin to the point where it wont read any other tanks and now makes a rattling noise. Now this i will be doing a warranty claim on, but i really don't want another if this is a common problem.

So help, whats a good box that will make me happy and not give me headaches like the last 3? I want variable wattage, but at this point going straight mechanical seems like a recipe for fewer frustrations. please help.

pic is of 4 fires of the mvp 3.0 on a .9 ohm coil. it will sometimes read as high as 7.3 ohms and insta nuke my coils. unfortunately this happened to a lesser degree from day one, but by the time it got really bad, about 4 months in, i was just outside warranty and innokin won't do anything.
4 clicks.jpg

subox mini fixed pin has been pushed down past flush with the insulator by the stock subtank and is nearly unusable. also has a rattle now... after 4 days. love it, but hate that i have to get a replacement already. Lets hope they honor the warranty.
subox 2.jpg

please help

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Sig 150... Cheap (now) and reliable with floating pin.

+1000 got mine to the door for $64. Been to 75w with it on my super tank and 27w with my orchid. Great mod even if you don't use high wattage. I charge my batteries every couple of days with the orchid at .5 3mm 26gage dual coil build, and every other day if I'm running the super tank at 75w with the .2 head.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I have heard really good things about Vapor Sharks. I ordered an rDNA 40 (even has temperature control) that I should be receiving any day now. With the coupon code SHARKWEEK (until Saturday or Sunday) it brings the cost to $110.50. I'm not sure what your budget is, or what other criteria you're looking for, but the only negative I've really heard about it is that the paint chips pretty badly. Other that that, it seems like a beast in a small package. Vapor Shark rDNA (40W Version)

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I have heard really good things about Vapor Sharks. I ordered an rDNA 40 (even has temperature control) that I should be receiving any day now. With the coupon code SHARKWEEK (until Saturday or Sunday) it brings the cost to $110.50. I'm not sure what your budget is, or what other criteria you're looking for, but the only negative I've really heard about it is that the paint chips pretty badly. Other that that, it seems like a beast in a small package. Vapor Shark rDNA (40W Version)

Ya Vapor Shark's finish sucks but thats the only problem I've ever had. My wife's DNA 30 peeled a few weeks after she got it my rDNA 2 months later. I've almost got all of their finish off. Going to refinish it myself. Got a can of etching primer to aid in paint adhesion.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Ya Vapor Shark's finish sucks but thats the only problem I've ever had. My wife's DNA 30 peeled a few weeks after she got it my rDNA 2 months later. I've almost got all of their finish off. Going to refinish it myself. Got a can of etching primer to aid in paint adhesion.
I'm thinking I'll just end up covering it in stickers and go old school with it when it peels - high school style. Haha.

And anyway, to the OP, they have those shark skins to keep it looking nice, other than the part of the top that stays exposed.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I'm thinking I'll just end up covering it in stickers and go old school with it when it peels - high school style. Haha.

And anyway, to the OP, they have those shark skins to keep it looking nice, other than the part of the top that stays exposed.
That they do. If you have a higher budget for your mod & want to get something that will last, check out the CloudMaker Whiteout. It's a modular mod with either a DNA 200 or SX350j chip inside, the modular part being that you can swap out everything without soldering. They're $199 for the SX/DNA versions and I believe $149 for their own Ares OS chip.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread