Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
This is a terrific flavor. Thanks so much. I made my first ever DIY ejuice last night using this. Dripping it today and it is so good!

I use all VG. I started with 50 mg/ml nic in vg base. Cut that to 12 mg/ml nic with plain VG, for my base. I then mixed 5 mL of that with 5mL of plain VG to make 6 mg nic as my sample run.
I then put 12 drops into 10 mL - shook it and let it sit for several hours. I couldn't resist trying. I dripped a bit - not quite right for me. The flavor wasn't going to be intense enough and it was thicker than I like. I could also tell it was going to be hard on my atty.

So, I distilled some water and thinned the juice to be a similar viscosity as my favorite VG vendors juices seem (about 13 drops). And, I added 3 more drops of HFC. Warmed the bottle a little and Shook it several times over the evening. Tested dripping again this morning - day'um!!! Good stuff!! I can't put it down, it's so good.

My atty handles it better and the flavor is perfect. Light tobacco, sweet but not overpoweringly sweet. I know this messed up my nic level, but I don't care so much about that. I'm trying to go lower on nic anyway. My only wish was that I had made a 30 mL bottle.

So, thank you so much for starting this thread. Now, off to try mixing some of the other flavors I ordered.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I tried this one as well as the plain virginia flue cured and found them both completely lacking in any tobacco flavor. I ended up trying them both at practically a 50-50 ratio to juice with NOTHING other than a little sweetness. A complete bomb, both of them. Will never order again!

I see this is a very old post and zengrrl might not be around anymore, but you used WAY TOO much! :facepalm: OMG ! I just had to comment LOL
I haven't had to go higher than 2% - 3% on any flavors and they blow me away! Perhaps you have a tastebud issue going on... I've heard that vaping too much cinnamon or menthol can make a person not be able to taste tobacco flavors though I don't know what you've been vaping so can't say since you didn't mention if you've done any other kind of DIY :confused:

Back on topic: Honey Flu is a lovely honey taste and mild tobacco. I mix it with the ones that seem too strong to tone them down LOL when I want a change of pace :p I have six different bottles steeping, trying it at different VG/PG and nic strengths which, when combined with my ego twist at different settings makes them ALL taste like different flavors yet all good in different way, if that makes sense :p

Last edited:

shelfield

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Colorado
I just mixed this myself and it is like nothing I have had before, I am a newbie...I do like it a lot but I would say it is kinda like a sweet honey and hay flavor. This is how it tastes without steeping. I like it a lot because it is has an "organic" quality to it, very natural and lightly sweet. I did 10 mg. bottle - 12 drops to a 70/30 base at 16% nic- enjoying the different flavor a bunch.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
Just got the HFC, island tobacco and melon.

Mixed them all. 60vg 40pg. 18mg with 12 drops in 10ml

Just did a warm bath on the HFC, setup the tank and it is very good! I think I might go 3% on the next batch because it is a little too light for me. Unless it gets stronger when you steep but I don't know if I can steep because I might use it all by then lol

The honey is strong and it does taste like you just rolled some yummy fresh tobacco.

I am very excited for the island tobacco because it smells amazing right now but I read on the forum to let it steep a week because of the coconut flavor does not work good until a week later. The melon smells good and I will try it this weekend. When smelling the bottles I can't help but to think they could be stronger but I know it is still early. Anyone like it better at 3%?

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
If you are using VZ's bottles and dropping the liquids right into your mix make sure the drops per ml section on the calculator reads 46 drops per ml as opposed to the default setting of 20 drops. These flavors are alcohol base so that in itself should make for a thinner finished product with no water requirement. Cartos are not too happy with VG over 30 percent as I recall. Consider a clearo or vivi tank system for a smoother vape even with higher VG.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I think I will add flavor when I get home today.. My next batch I will make either 80pg 20vg or 70pg 30 vg

my carto is not wicking at 60vg 40pg
I heard that you can add water to make this better
Do you know how may drops per 10ml to thin it out so it will wick?

I use 100% VG for my base and thin it with 2 drops of distilled water per mL. To answer your other question, I use 3% or 14-15 drops of flavoring to 10 mL of base. Also, I always put part base in then add the flavor and the distilled water, then fill the rest of my base up to 10 mL.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Island tobacco.. Just had to try it and it is good but not great. I will let it steep longer.

Melon - pretty disappointed in this flavor. I will let it steep a few weeks

Oh, gosh I think Island Tobacco is fantastic, myself. Perhaps it's an acquired taste. Actually, I've been very pleased with most all of the flavors I've tried so far. French Pipe is one of my most favorites.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Island tobacco.. Just had to try it and it is good but not great. I will let it steep longer.

Melon - pretty disappointed in this flavor. I will let it steep a few weeks
I started by mixing 3 drops, from the bottle they come in, in a 3ml of my VG nic base. Melon, so far, is odd. I wonder which melon it's supposed to be? or is it a blend of melons? One of very few VZ's that I'm not liking right away...I'll let mine steep a few weeks too lol

Oh, gosh I think Island Tobacco is fantastic, myself. Perhaps it's an acquired taste. Actually, I've been very pleased with most all of the flavors I've tried so far. French Pipe is one of my most favorites.

yup :) good stuff

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
Melon sucks. It really is useless. I'm still on my quest to find a good watermelon and cantaloupe.
If anyone has tried Kick Bass Vapor they have a really good watermelon and cantaloupe but I feel I could never duplicate it.
They use some special vendor for flavoring not the normal brands of flavoring

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Melon sucks. It really is useless. I'm still on my quest to find a good watermelon and cantaloupe.
If anyone has tried Kick Bass Vapor they have a really good watermelon and cantaloupe but I feel I could never duplicate it.
They use some special vendor for flavoring not the normal brands of flavoring
I know they are almost impossible to find. When Ecigexpress starts carrying the Nature Flavors. I'm going to try it again. Then I will give up.

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
I just mixed Honey Flu Cured with French Pipe. Good stuff:p

Has anyone started a thread for Recipes of Vaping Zone's concentrated flavors?
I have not seen one if so but if not "I" should start one being I have some GREAT SC mixes!!! You gotta try B&M at 2.5% and add Real cig at 1% and steep for a week! Vanilla and Honey Flu also Rocks...Oh and BTW Vz had a watermelon once that at first was a jollyrancher flavor but boy I should have steep that stuff for a month - From 30+ days on it G R E A T ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread