Date of your initial complaint to the supplier
Sep 28, 2015​

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Email​

Ticket number (if you were issued one)

General nature of complaint
Shipping​

Briefly describe your problem or issue
On September 25, 2015, I placed an order with this vendor at 3am PST. I live on the East Coast Eastern Standard Time. My order qualified for free shipping. However, because my birthday was on Monday September 28, 2015, I expedited the shipping in hopes of getting my order at least by Wednesday. The vendor website states, "We ship on the same day orders are received before 3 pm Pacific Standard Time."

So, I paid the extra $20 thinking that I would get my order by September 30th, 2015. By 6pm EST, the vendor sent a shipping confirmation with a tracking number that stated my order was shipped. However, on Saturday, I noticed that the tracking meter wasn't moving. The meter did not say that UPS even had my package. The meter said that only they had been notified of my order. I thought nothing of it since it was the weekend and it could have been waiting to be placed on a plane to arrive at my business by Wednesday September 30th.

Monday, September 28th, I watched all day for that meter to move and it didn't until 11:50pm EST. That's when I discovered that my order wasn't picked up from the vendor until September 28th, at 7:25pm PST. That explains why the meter never moved. The vendor never shipped my package as they claim to had done. I called UPS and they confirmed that the vendor never shipped the order they claimed they shipped out. UPS stated that the vendor only created a label for the shipping and the order was actually shipped on September 28th.

My purpose for paying the extra $20 was so that I could get my order sooner than had I used USPS. In fact, had I used USPS as my shipping option, I would have received the order faster if they had ship my order per what they say on their website.

I contacted the vendor which at first they said that I placed my order too late in the day. They then said that they made an error and saw that I placed my order at 5am PST. The vendor then went on to blame UPS by saying that they did in fact ship my order but because it was the weekend, UPS did not work on the weekend. This is not how UPS works. UPS does not shut down on the weekends. Any packages in transit remains moving within their system. Had the vendor shipped my order as they claim they did, the tracking meter would have been moving from that very same day.

I was expecting this vendor to acknowledge their fault and at least compensate me for the mishap. Instead, they placed the blame on UPS. They insisted that they shipped my package out on the day I placed the order. I went with this vendor because of the cheap prices. I should have followed my gut and paid the extra money to stay with a reputable vendor I've used before.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread