• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I think they're trying to replace Lost with everything they come up with... FWIW, I just couldn't get into Lost. I tried but the constant flash backs to the previous episode left me feeling like they only came up with 15 minutes of new footage for each 3 hour long episode... There were plenty of other shows on TV and movies on DVD that I chose to spend my off hours on. SO! I really hope they don't go that route with TWD, I'd hate to have to give up on it.

biffette

ECF Veteran
i don't think they will. the thing i think feels the same as Lost is that A. it's a bunch of people who normally wouldn't associate with one another who are thrown together by a bizarre circumstance. & 2. you actually give a crap about em. all the shows that are trying to be Lost right now are missing the mark, cuz they don't take the time to develop the characters enough to make you care about them. TWD is nothing like Lost, story wise. it just feels like Lost to me, cuz i really care about the characters, & i need to know what happens to them. :)

i loved Lost, but the last episode kinda blew it for me. my husband had the same gripe you have though, so i totally get your point.

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
i loved Lost, but the last episode kinda blew it for me. my husband had the same gripe you have though, so i totally get your point.

I loved LOST from the beginning. The flashbacks, and how the writers interconnected the people was mind blowing at times, and forced me to institute a "NO talking during LOST" rule in our house. I was a bit let down with the ending. I wish they had answered some of the questions as the story moved along instead of throwing a big brain twister at the end.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Biggest difference is that TWD is based off a graphic novel (or comic book) that won awards for it's story lines along with it's graphics so there's a clear plan on how the show 'can' progress. They're changing writers for the second season so there's a chance the show can get better OR worse depending on their talent. Scarier than seeing the living dead walking down your street if you ask me. I don't like it when a show changes a winning formula.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
They've set the first air dates for October 21st on German TV so it's expected to be another Halloween opener here.

And RE: Writers... when you actually go back, most of the episodes done by the original writing team were rejected and didn't air. So I think we'll be OK w/ the revised Graphic Novel continuity. :D

-Magnus

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I guess we'll just have to wait and hope for the best. BTW, nice to see another Dr. Who fan. I felt a little misled with 'The Doctor's Wife' not being who I thought it would be... but, I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well the new Dr. is doing after the almost Tom Baker like performance/following of David Tennant! I think another season or two and he would have replaced Tom as the most loved Dr. of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread