walmart vg

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by droptopjim, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. droptopjim

droptopjim Full Member Verified Member

just started this diy ejuice, and everything i made had an odd aftertaste, i finally tracked it down, i am sure it was the vg i just got from walmart. I made a mix of 10% capellas vanilla custard with 5% boston creme pie, no walmart vg this time. this isnt too bad, and is vapable so perhaps i may be headed in the right direction. Where is a good source/brand for vg?

2. ingerri

ingerri Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

4. ingerri

yes ive heard that :)....but if in a pinch and need it NOW...like I did the other day, that is a local source LOL :)

5. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Try the CVS brand.. Ive also used Walmart and didnt notice any after taste,

6. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Some walmarts carry the humco vg that's marked as vegetable glycerin as well as the glycerin that's just labeled as glycerin. If your walmart carries it, at least you would know you're getting vegetable glycerin. It may taste the same though, as a lot of folks say it's the same thing.

Edit: Mean time order a bottle of this. This tastes sweet like vg should, and no 'off' taste. http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-110/Glycerin-Vegetable-KOSHER-USP/Detail

7. tru2dgame

tru2dgame Senior Member

I use the CVS pure glycerin. Have for years now. Catch it on sale for buy one get one every few months woop woop!

8. ingerri

OOOOOOOOOO :thumbs: :rickroll:

9. BigCypress

BigCypress Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've used the humco from Walmart. Probably bout 10 of em and I've never had an off taste.

10. fjg123

fjg123 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree that walmart's humco VG doesnt have an off taste. Although I've never tried VG from wizard labs or any other place besides walmart and cvs, so I can really be a good judge. But I can be a judge of my flavors and well, they're pretty good.

11. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hi droptopjim,
    I believe the Walmart and CVS are the same. Many people find it good, but your not alone in not liking -we all have different tastes.
    I haven't tried the Humco yet, but I did buy one recently. Have bought these and liked.
    1000 ml of Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher Certified
    Amazon.com: Vegetable Glycerine Kosher USP - 1 Quart (32 Oz.): Everything Else
    Amazon.com: Glycerin Vegetable Kosher USP - 1 Quart: Health & Personal Care

12. Traver

Traver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Humco states that it's glycerin is made from either animal or vegetable fat. This was a few years ago so things could have changed.

13. SouthernBliss

SouthernBliss Super Member ECF Veteran

Per the stickied thread here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/52669-pg-vg-labeling-purity-please-read.html it is :

14. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

"...Brands of Glycerin, USP not included in the above list would have to be verified as solely vegetable source by direct contact with the manufacturer/packager/distributor listed on the label. "

I've seen several posts from folks that maintain that the USP grade is the magic words to look for on anything labeled just glycerin because that would mean it is vegetable sourced. That's probably true but another thing we haven't considered is shelf life.

All I know is I went to use a little of the humco glycerin and it didn't taste good. Not real bad, but just a little off some way. I put it back in the medicine cabinet to use on my skin, but after a few weeks I started to notice a slight odor when I went to use some. I threw it out. I had picked up two bottles so I opened the second and it smelled fine and I've been using it on my hands. I just now went and tasted it and it does indeed taste just fine. Nice and sweet with no 'off' note at all.

So I say taste a drop of it, and if it tastes fine then it probably is fine.

15. SouthernBliss

SouthernBliss Super Member ECF Veteran

CVS brand has an expiration date on it. The one I bought a few weeks ago has 4-18 on it. I'm fair sure that I have seen 2 years mentioned somewhere else however.

16. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

My Humco from Walmart has 4-18 also. The others that I bought have been 2 years or no expiration noted. Just like other things in life - doesn't mean it goes bad on that date. Some veterans are going beyond 2 years in the gallon size as I type and hopeful we will know more from their experience :)

17. tru2dgame

tru2dgame Senior Member

yes, USP are the magic words. U.S. Pharmacopoeia - Which means that the company abides by the stringent methods and practices in manufacturing. These standards are world renowned and are used by some countries as a default since it provides a good level of consumer safety. U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention

You definitely are not going to go wrong buying something USP grade as the cheapest brand to the most expensive must adhere to the same guidelines in order to receive that labeling grade. That is why I get my PG at tractor supply company. USP Grade Propylene Glycol. Works great and is 20 a gallon like it would be on Amazon but with no wait for shipping.

18. tdinello

tdinello Senior Member ECF Veteran

+1 for Tractor supply PG and CVS VG. I use both without any problem. I use the CVS VG without any water added.

19. FinallyQuit

FinallyQuit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought CVS vg today, I already had walmart humco and wizard labs. Why did I feel it necessary to go to CVS? :blink: Haven't cracked it open yet, though. I'm seriously considering getting a gallon of pg and vg from Essential Depot, but the initial outlay is daunting. Tried ordering the smallest bottle, the shipping was like $10 or more.

20. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I made a 10 ml batch of 90/10 [VG/Vodka] and it had a sweet taste to it. The undiluted VG tastes somewhat sweet for me. I use the humco brand from walmart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.