Want to find a small multi-meter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I would like to carry it with me in my purse (protected of course) Otherwise I need to buy one for work and one for home. Which I don't mind doing if need be. Do any of you have a source for smaller more mobile type multi-meters? I used to use one of my Provari, but my Provari doesn't take 18650. I need a muti-meter specifically for checking battery, not for ohm measuring. I do that with an ohm reader/meter.

Thanks.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I used to have a small DMM that I got at a Radio Shack, it cost me about $10 I think and was pretty accurate (I did use it for ohms once or twice, it was mainly used for voltages and continuity checking). That was several teen years ago though, and I don't go to that chain anymore so I don't know if they still carry that one or a similar one.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Didn't the OP ask for a multi-meter? What you have shown here is a volt-meter. A multi-meter should have the facility to show not only volts, but - at the very least - ohms and amperes too.
    She asked for something small to carry that read volts to check batteries, not an ohm meter,she has one of those.....

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm confused, why can' t you use the one you used to use on your Provari?
    The Provari 's do have a built-in battery voltage meter. The Provari she has apparently uses 18490 batteries (standard Provari), so 18650 batteries will not fit in it unless she purchased a battery extension cap or a battery extension sleeve. She can't check the voltage of an 18650 battery because it won't fit in her current Provari.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread