• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Want to go on to the next step up! please give advice here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
ok but what about the battery side? what will this fit onto....would i need a new "battery system"

Well the kayfun is a 22mm device, so you'll needs a mod what's 22mm(doesn't have to be 22mm, but it will look better lol). Here's is a Nemesis clone $24.63 Nemesis Style Mechanical Mod - stainless steel / with telescopic 510 contact pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping.

Then you'll need:

* Ohmmeter
* Wick/wire
* AW IMR batteries 18350/18490/18500/18650
* Charger

Be sure to read up on battery safety and ohm's law. Not knowing what you're doing can be dangerous!

Baditude, a member on here has a few guides on battery safety, you should check them out.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-i.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-ii.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html

Last edited:

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
Well the Kayfun is a 22mm device, so you'll needs a mod what's 22mm(doesn't have to be 22mm, but it will look better lol). Here's is a Nemesis clone $24.63 Nemesis Style Mechanical Mod - stainless steel / with telescopic 510 contact pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping.

Then you'll need:

* Ohmmeter
* Wick/wire
* AW IMR batteries 18350/18490/18500/18650
* Charger

Be sure to read up on battery safety and ohm's law. Not knowing what you're doing can be dangerous!

Baditude, a member on here has a few guides on battery safety, you should check them out.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-i.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-ii.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html

That's the sort of advice i need :D

> I have a Ohm meter on it's way from FT also.

> Got various Wicks and 32g Kanthal wire.

> I have 3 x 18350 batteries which I use in the Segelei also have a charger.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
That's the sort of advice i need :D

> I have a Ohm meter on it's way from FT also.

> Got various Wicks and 32g Kanthal wire.

> I have 3 x 18350 batteries which I use in the Segelei also have a charger.

Geat stuff! :)

Now go and watch loads of Youtube videos on building the Kayfun, there's hundreds lol :)

P.s Will you be making micro coils? If so you'll need some organic cotton :) Micro coils and cotton are the best IMO.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
Geat stuff! :)

Now go and watch loads of Youtube videos on building the Kayfun, there's hundreds lol :)

P.s Will you be making micro coils? If so you'll need some organic cotton :) Micro coils and cotton are the best IMO.

All i do is watch youtube vids lol!

Wasn't sure to go for the Kayfun Lite Clone or the Kayfun 3.1 Clone!

I have some organic cotton too just can;t get it working with the evods.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
All i do is watch youtube vids lol!

Wasn't sure to go for the Kayfun Lite Clone or the Kayfun 3.1 Clone!

I have some organic cotton too just can;t get it working with the evods.

I don't think the Lite version's got a air flow controller? Don't hold me to that infomation lol, the 3.1 does though.

Is that Mechanical Mod VW?

No. But you can use a kick in it though.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
I have to try one of these Kayfun, I looked at them once at FastTech and couldn't decide
which one was the right one. Seemed to be a lot of clones of the clones.
Please direct me to the right one.

The $26 Russian 91% is the cream of the crop with Fastech Kayfun style clones. Build quality is flawless and function is beautiful.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I don't think the Lite version's got a air flow controller? Don't hold me to that infomation lol, the 3.1 does though.

No. But you can use a kick in it though.

Yea the Lite has no flow control which i'd like so maybe go for the 3.1

So there isn't a good priced kit? like the mod but with a LCD display and changeable Watts

The $26 Russian 91% is the cream of the crop with Fastech Kayfun style clones. Build quality is flawless and function is beautiful.

You had to add that to the equation lol

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I have one of these:

1531202-6.jpg

Would this not be any use? os it it just for EVOD's and Pro tanks

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

SOLD! That's in the basket as well.

I'm not flippin messing around. I want a team of these for the Zombie apocalypse regardless if I'll actually use them day to day at work (which I don't.....because they are massive...)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have one of these:

View attachment 308536

Would this not be any use? os it it just for EVOD's and Pro tanks

Bless you Bubblegum....

That is perfect. :)

I mostly use my SID or whatever is lying around for these atomizers.

Clearly, you have to make the coil above a minimum resistance, but's that's fine.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
SOLD! That's in the basket as well.

I'm not flippin messing around. I want a team of these for the Zombie apocalypse regardless if I'll actually use them day to day at work (which I don't.....because they are massive...)

The Russian on a mech in 18350 mode is pretty dinky, think you'll find you end up using nothing but rba chimney style atties, once you make the switch....there's no going back ;)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Russian on a mech in 18350 mode is pretty dinky, think you'll find you end up using nothing but rba chimney style atties, once you make the switch....there's no going back ;)

You might think that (I forgive you) but it's not going to happen.

Some people discover and never turn back. Not for me. I've had them already for quite a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread