Want to try dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensfan15

Apr 26, 2014
Kelowna, Canada
Hi all,

I have been 13 days cig free. Yay!!!

I started with the Atmus Optimus 510 which I bought from a local headshop, which is OK but have been reading and watching non-stop vaping stuff here and on youtube. So I have just ordered the iTaste MVP V2 which I cannot wait to get. 7

I want to start sampling many different eliquid brands and flavours, so I am wondering what atomizers I can use on the MVP V2 when it arrives. Can I just use any 510 atomizer including the ego 510 atomizers or are there specific ones that are best for the MVP?

Also, should I get low resistance or standard resistance and what is the difference? What is the difference between bridged and unbridged atomizers? I want the one with no wick or filler material...

Last edited:

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
An MVP has both a 510 and eGo threading, any atomizer with these threadings will fit on your MVP.

I prefer low resistance atomizer as the vape will be hotter and you can set a lower voltage on your vaporizer, thus using it longer as it will use the battery less.

Bridge atomizer is the first atomizer that was created, works ok but nothing exceptional. Unbridge atomizer holds a bit less liquid, you need to drip very often with it. In theory it should vape better but I never was able to make them work consistently. They were quite popular back then though.

Why don't you get a clearomizer instead? They are more consistent and can hold a lot more juice.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Try a Joye 510 LR 1.5ohm on the MVP at 3.7v or 7-8.5watts.. They only hold 2-3 drops. Good for tasting IMO.

Ive heard the Stingray and Kidney Puncher are better though for a reasonably priced disposable. IIRC those are bridgeless and you have more ohm options. The Joye 510 is bridged and only comes in either 1.5ohm or 2.5 (i think). IMO 2.0ohm would be best in the MVP. It delivers its most stable/accurate output at that impedance.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
You'll still get a little stubborn flavor to clean out when switching flavors, there is still mesh packed around the ceramic cup, but you're right in that there would be less material holding old juice to clean out.

I keep a bottle of plain PG kicking around. Usually just fill it up and let it run through and then blow out excess, repeat if necessary. that will do the job just fine on most disposable attys in my experience

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Any vendor that sells DIY supplies should carry it. Personally, I prefer to buy my PG from vaping suppliers, just my preference

By "fill it up and let run through" I just take the atty and hold it upright, drip in PG until it's full and let it drip out the connector end. Blow remaining PG out into a tissue or paper towel to get rid of the excess. There are a lot of other atty cleaning methods, but I've foudn that one to be the least damaging to the life of the atty and it's worked well enough for me

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
How many hits you get will depend on how much juice the atty holds, how high a voltage you're running, etc. A lot of variables. For a standard disposable 510 atty anywhere in the range of 2-5 hits each time you top off is normal in my experience, sometimes a couple more depending on the atty. I've used the Bauway 510s before and 2-3 hits sounds about right as far as I can recall. I do take pretty big drags, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread