Want to try Kanger sub tank....but like lower wattage !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
The lowest wattage - you can go as low as you want with no safety issues. The only problem you might run into if your wattage is too low is that the e-juice won't heat up properly and the juice will gunk up your coil. But you're safe.

There are lots of coils higher than 1.2 ohms. I'm currently vaping away on a 2.4 ohm BCC coil.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I use a Subtank Nano in exactly the way you describe. I use 2.5ohm coil heads that are actually made for the Protank series. They fit snugly into the STN, and I've had no problems.
1425902-6.jpg

Unconventional solution, but it works for me.

$3.52 Authentic Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.5Ω at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I use the subtank at low wattage with the rba head. I build 1.8 coils and turn the airflow ring to the lowest airflow and swap the drip tip for more narrow one. Frankly there are other tanks that I like better in this application (Kayfun, EgoOne, etc) but the subtank is usable in low watt situations.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Reactions: Electrodave

bloodless2010

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2015
That is a neat tip. Never thought to try this but I am going to give a go sometime. Thanks.
I wouldn't recommend the coil heads from fasttech, I bought some from there before and they were pathetic. Used them for rebuilding instead and was a much better outcome. The coils are bad quality and the wick is poor (barely any in there!)

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I wouldn't recommend the coil heads from fasttech, I bought some from there before and they were pathetic. Used them for rebuilding instead and was a much better outcome. The coils are bad quality and the wick is poor (barely any in there!)
Once you start rebuilding your own even the authentics don't taste very good imo

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
you can use the RTA it comes with to get a higher ohm build. some folks don't like the wicking on it cause the holes are small but you can fix that by boring them out a little bit with a drill.
For lower watts, I haven't found drilling out anything to be necessary. My experience, YMMV, etc. If you run max vg at 60 watts.... probably necessary for some lol.

Reactions: Electrodave

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Joie, my first step in rebuilding was just replacing the wicking with cotton in the ProTank 2 single coil. I had no intention of making new coils, but everyone was talking how great cotton was. I had to try at least the rewicking with cotton balls. Ha! That was 18 mos. ago and I've gone on to using cellu cotton (rayon) from Sally's Beauty Supply and 30 guage Kanthal for my PT's rebuilding anywhere from 1.5 to 2 ohms.

Taxguydave ain't lying when he says you can use the ProTank 2 coils. Took his info and tried them my ownself in my Subtank mini. Worked like a charm. Can't thank him enough for sharing this other option. :)

sticksam

Moved On
Sep 16, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread