Want to try Kanger sub tank....but like lower wattage !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
I just loaded a Nano with a PT2 coil. THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting amazing flavor and vapor from this little bugger. Set on the single airhole. Didn't do anything with the silicone ring - loaded just like I'd load my PT2.

Any recommendations on how low it's safe to build a PT2 head? I don't venture much below 1.5 ohms (30g 1/16" tensioned coil wicked with a wisp of a cotton ball)

I'm laying mine down at the moment, and at this point, no leakage, but I'm keeping my eye on it.

Thanks for this! I love finding ways to repurpose. Now I have six more tanks I can use with these coils!!!!!!!!!!!

You say it's a NANO......are you sure it's not the mini.....my coils won't fit in the nano

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
This is what I get when trying single coil in my subtank nano
Top of coil seems to be same size of tube in tank....will not fit
And they are coils bought from MBV

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Electrodave

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Since this thread was going, I did get some (non-authentic) PT coil heads from Fasttech. The chimney was, in fact, just slightly too big around to fit in my one authentic STN. They fit the Fasttech clones just fine, though. That was actually the first and only difference I've found between the authentic and clone STN.

A few twists in the sandpaper fixed that, but then it isn't exactly drop in anymore.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Well now I have a question of authenticity.....I buy all my coils from one of the top seller of vape stuff.
I still worry that my tank may be different since I bought that locally.
I may have to mail you a coil and see if it goes into yours....cuz sure looks exactly like yours.
Are you using the single or dual coil heads?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I know when I first started all I used was EVODs and Protanks I do know that some of the fakes had super thick chimneys that would not fit into the tube. Like the one in the middle of the above pic. I can't remember where I bought them from as it was so long ago but it was probably on ebay.

Reactions: Electrodave

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I can't seem to get away from EVODs and Protanks.....everything else I try is too harsh .... I don't like a huge draw and most of the new ones are sub-ohm....those aren't for me either.
I like the tighter draw on the old style stuff. And nothing lower than 1.8
I hear ya. That's why I found a new love in cartomizers.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
2.4 ohms on the new Kanger sub tank nano ? I really want to try the nano or a tank similar, but have never sub-ohm before. I usually cape around 8-10 watts
You would probably be happy with the 1.2 ohm coil set at 15 watts, close the bottom airflow on the Subtank to the smallest hole and you can toodle puff happily. That is how I set-up my brother's subtank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread