Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yes,you can get nic in a vg base,that is what i use.There are alot of good suppliers to choose from,but personally i use Bull city vapor or Wizard labs for flavors,Essential depot for vg/pg,and Heartland vapes for my nic.I shop around to get the best prices,and these are the ones that have worked well for me.

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
I get my VG from a local natural foods grocer (Natural Grocers/Vitamin Cottage). It's in the health and beauty department (the brand of VG is called "now").

I get my nicotine from Nicvape (I use the 75mg/ml strength). You can choose your base (VG or PG). They've also got VG and PG and flavorings. Here > http://www.nicvape.com/

I get my flavors from perfumers apprentice, mostly. Here > https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-54-professional-flavors.aspx

Be careful and safe, do your homework, and use an ejuice calculator when mixing.
Good luck

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Part of the reason I waited almost a year to start DIY is it looked SOOOO damn complicated. If you believe that it's only because you read this forum. I ordered 1 liter bottles of nic, PG and VG and one flavor that looked promising plus some mixing supplies. Cost delivered from MFS, $106. I got the stuff last Thursday, was vaping the first 30 ml batch minutes after I made it on Friday and prefer it to my commercial liquid, probably because they use too much flavoring for me (it's the same thing I don't like about restaurant food). The mixing calculater says my cost is 2 cents per ml. My 5 ml habit works out to 12 cents a day and $45 a year.

Last edited:

easedel

Account closed on request
Sep 4, 2015
Part of the reason I waited almost a year to start DIY is it looked SOOOO damn complicated. If you believe that it's only because you read this forum. I ordered 1 liter bottles of nic, PG and VG and one flavor that looked promising plus some mixing supplies. Cost delivered from MFS, $106. I got the stuff last Thursday, was vaping the first 30 ml batch minutes after I made it on Friday and prefer it to my commercial liquid, probably because they use too much flavoring for me (it's the same thing I don't like about restaurant food). The mixing calculater says my cost is 2 cents per ml. My 5 ml habit works out to 12 cents a day and $45 a year.

This is my problem. I see people talking about 48mg nicotine, 100mg nic, 70/30 VG based nice, etc etc.
$106 seems pricey too.

just seems all you need to get is like a quart of VG, quart of PG, dunno how much nicotine, some flavoring, bottles and a scale

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
This is my problem. I see people talking about 48mg nicotine, 100mg nic, 70/30 VG based nice, etc etc.
$106 seems pricey too.

just seems all you need to get is like a quart of VG, quart of PG, dunno how much nicotine, some flavoring, bottles and a scale
You definitely don't have to spend that much to get started,it can be as cheap or expensive as each person chooses to make it.Just depends on how much you want to order to get you started.Someone just posted a kit in another thread that has 120ml nic base,120ml each of pg/vg,5 30ml bottles of flavors,and various syringes for just over $50,so it can definitely be cheap to get started.A scale is nice to have,but not a requirement.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
$106 seems pricey too.

The hardest thing about DIY seems to be having the confidence to get started. That was my problem. Half the cost of my first order was a 1 liter bottle of 100mg nic which may last 3 1/2 years. The smaller amounts I could find were a lot more pricey per mg.

It's hard to comprehend how much money is saved because situations like this are so rare. To wit, I used to spend $60 a week on cigs. Then I was spending $6.30 a week on premixed eliquid (in 240 ml bottles) and now 84 cents for DIY liquid. 84 cents payed for 3 of my 200 weekly cigarettes. From $60.00 to 84 cents represents a 98.6% decline which is pushing 2 orders of magnitude. (At this point it's appropriate to gaze skyward and feel a moment of awe.)

easedel

Account closed on request
Sep 4, 2015
See that is what I am looking at. I don't want to end up spending $30 to 40 on something that will expire basically before i finish using it. I do know from what i read that you won't need as much PG as VG. Almost like a 4 to 1 scenario of it.

I just need to find out what to get. I am mainly 3mg nic at a 70/30 vg/pg since I go back and forth between tanks and drippers. I go through roughly 15ml a day? Might make some for a friend or two down the line ( they are in the 12mg-18mg range for their nic at like 50/50 juice )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread