RDA Warm Rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

gury88

Apr 4, 2017
Florida
Hello guys... I recently bought an rda the "Druga" on my local shop and they made dual clapton coils for it and it was working beautifully. Today I ordered a kit from amazon of pre made coils and I installed a set of fused clapton that were supposed to be .25 but the mod is reading .139. I have a smok alien and the reads are the following vaping at 50w.

V 2.74
Ohm .139
Amps 19.70

The rda is getting really hot with this coils and the top of the mod as well... I took the batterys out after aboht 25 puff and they were warm. I'm using a set of efest 3000mah 20a 35 max.

On your experience is the mod supposed to gdt this warm with this build?? I'm a little concerned because of the batterys getting warm. The tvf8 that came with the mod gets really hot as well but the mod normally don't.

Please let me know shat are your thoughts and if I need to remove this build right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Subohmer82

Aug 10, 2014
Houston, Texas
Make sure the Druga rda negative and positive connections are tight, a .13 ohm build is going to heat up the rda, anything under .2 usually isnt meant to be chain vaped, the batteries are naturally getting hot due to the excessive amount of amperage being pulled, ive never used pre made coils but ive seen some of the inconsistency that comes with pre built coils, building your own coils can get you into the ball park ohm resistance you desire, change the build and get above .2

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Hello guys... I recently bought an rda the "Druga" on my local shop and they made dual clapton coils for it and it was working beautifully. Today I ordered a kit from amazon of pre made coils and I installed a set of fused clapton that were supposed to be .25 but the mod is reading .139. I have a smok alien and the reads are the following vaping at 50w.

V 2.74
Ohm .139
Amps 19.70

The rda is getting really hot with this coils and the top of the mod as well... I took the batterys out after aboht 25 puff and they were warm. I'm using a set of efest 3000mah 20a 35 max.

On your experience is the mod supposed to gdt this warm with this build?? I'm a little concerned because of the batterys getting warm. The tvf8 that came with the mod gets really hot as well but the mod normally don't.

Please let me know shat are your thoughts and if I need to remove this build right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If a single coil is .25 then running them as duals should be .125 -- so your .139 is not far off assuming you are using two of them.

Batteries may get "warm" in normal use but should never actually be "hot." If you can comfortably hold it in a closed fist for 30 seconds then you should be alright. If not, you may be working it too hard.

Output amps (what it shows on the device screen) are not something you need to be concerned with, and including them in the display info is not helping anyone. What actually matters are the input amps which are calculated by dividing the set wattage (50W in your case) by the battery voltage (charge state -- again, this is NOT the voltage shown on the display. Use the device's low-voltage cutoff or, if you don't know the actual cutoff value for your device, assume something on the low end like 3.0 volts per cell, under load. So with 2 cells you're looking at 50/6.0 = roughly 8.3 amps (maximum, when the batteries are D-E-A-D dead. With more charge it will take less amps to reach the same wattage output. Higher watts will take more amps at a given charge state.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread