Warm vape juice issues? Can you help me match my wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi People, newb here!

I recently started vaping with an Evic VTC Mini.

I noted that running my Kanthal coil at 20-25 watts my clouds and the general inhalation feel during a drag has gone down. Im running a 60/40 juice. Could this be related to the vape being left in the car? My juice becomes warm and a bit runny.

Furthermore my device is capable of up to 70w, but when I tried running at 45w I burnt my coil ( and almost killed myself in the process lol!)

How can I take full advantage of my wattage availability? Again I am running a Kanthal coil in wattage mode.

Thanks for the help!

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
It's a balancing act: coil size & construction, how many coils, what type/how much wick, juice flow, airflow, wattage, etc.

When juice gets warmer, it does get thinner and will wick easier. Shouldn't have much effect on cloud/hit. Decreased performance might just be your coil getting gunked up - have you tried a new coil?

As far as power, just because you have it doesn't mean you need to use all of it. If you get a satisfying vape at 20-25 watts, go with it. I'm currently running a 9-10 watt setup on my 75 watt Pico. It's sort of like the speedometer on my car....I don't drive 120 mph, but I know I have the capability if needed.

Now, if you want more detailed help from the experts, you should provide more info about your vape setup. What kind of atomizer, what coil setup, etc.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
It would help to know the coil and coil resistance Ohms. Using a standard .5 ohm coil in a kanger Subtank or a Cubis or Eleaf Melo 3 Mini you should have a nice comfortable vape at 20-25 watts. It is always best to start low and work your wattage up until you find the sweet spot. I have several 200 watt mods yet I very seldom vape above 75 watts. My juice is 70/30

It would help to know the coil and coil resistance Ohms. Using a standard .5 ohm coil in a kanger Subtank or a Cubis or Eleaf Melo 3 Mini you should have a nice comfortable vape at 20-25 watts. It is always best to start low and work your wattage up until you find the sweet spot. I have several 200 watt mods yet I very seldom vape above 75 watts. My juice is 70/30

Im using a Joytech 0.5ohm Kanthal coil.
I've tried some new juice at a cooler temp with a new coil and it seems to be getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread