Warning Blu eCig is not secure checkout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

genmunden

Jun 22, 2009
Indiana
I am a web designer and a smoker turning to ecigs to try and quit.

I tried to order an ecig kit from eBlu but when I got to the checkout page I looked for the secure checkout certificate. e.g. GeoTrust, Verisign. Their's is only a .png image that says 100% Safe but the page is on a shared SSL Secure Socket Layer (https) which does not mean your information is be handled/encrypted in the safest manner.

It is not PCI compliant that is. BEWARE your credit card information is not being encrypted and could potentially be stolen which is true from any non-certified site you purchase from. You should always look for a CERTIFIED SSL which, when you click on it, will pop up with more information regarding a REAL secure site that is being encrypted for your safety.

I tried the Blu chat which didn't work but waited 30 minutes anyway, until I cut it off. Then I tried calling them to see if I could just place the order over the phone and no one ever answered even though my call was in que to be answered in 3 minutes. I waited 20 minutes before hanging up.

This is a warning that Blu's checkout page is NOT SAFE for placing your credit card information. They don't offer the option to purchase through a SAFE and SECURE checkout page from PayPal so I have exhausted all my options to buy anything from them, in a secure manner.

I NEVER type in my credit card numbers on checkout page that does not have a valid SSL certificate and I recommend that NO ONE does!!

I finally found a safe site at awesome vapor dot com since they allow PayPal transactions and am enjoying my new ecig. I got my ecig in promptly and all my questions were answered by Arno who is really dedicated to helping people quit smoking. What great support that is....to be able to talk to someone. He is like a coach!!

I am down 155 cigarettes from last week alone. Hoping to continue with the great progress.

Newbe

genmunden

Jun 22, 2009
Indiana
Since so many stores are out of stock I decided to go straight to the manufacturer in China (alibaba dot com).... or you can go to alibaba and find the mfgs, then google the name to get directly to the website.

I have an order that just came in from China so I had no problems and it is just like Blu without the private label logo for a fraction of the retail price. I also ordered the DSE801, 901 and 501 for much much less.

Apparently larger shipments are being seized by FDA at point of entry into US so I figure the smaller orders get through, which mine did. If you are going to have to wait you might as well pay less.

BullyBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Maryland, USA
but the page is on a shared SSL Secure Socket Layer (https) which does not mean your information is be handled/encrypted in the safest manner.

Never heard of a "shared SSL". Regardless, if it's SSL it's encrypted. That's what SSL means. When you're on the order page, look way down on the bottom right of your web browser. If you see a padlock icon, double-click it. A window will open up to show you the certificate authority (Verisign, Thawte, etc.), company name, expiration date, etc.

No fan of blu, but I'm certain their order page is secure. (I checked this before but can't test it now because they've turned off their order page.)

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
Since so many stores are out of stock I decided to go straight to the manufacturer in China (alibaba dot com).... or you can go to alibaba and find the mfgs, then google the name to get directly to the website.

I have an order that just came in from China so I had no problems and it is just like Blu without the private label logo for a fraction of the retail price. I also ordered the DSE801, 901 and 501 for much much less.

Apparently larger shipments are being seized by FDA at point of entry into US so I figure the smaller orders get through, which mine did. If you are going to have to wait you might as well pay less.

care to mention exactly where you ordered?

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
When I placed my order on 6/29/09(which is still pending-I've since purchased a Joye 510 ) I checked on the CC ordering page as I was placing in my CC info, and ,indeed, they did have a SSL verified certificate thru UserTrust. I never order unless I know the website has a valid certificate. Also if you go to their webpage now and go to the botton and click on Privacy Policy, you'll come to a page that explains they do use SSL thru Verisign(not correct, they are using Comodo-Usertrust.com). So I'm sure it was and is safe. As person explained before SSL MEANS the info is at least 128 bit encrypted. the encryption they are using by their certificate says they are using 1024 bit encryption.

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Cancel your order. Email customer service and it will be almost immediate. Your 510 will outperform the blu product, guaranteed.

Yeah, I do hear ya. At this point, I just wanna see the thing. I've thought about cancelling as I'm more then satisfied with the 510, but I've waited this long and I've already accounted for that $59.95 expenditure so, at this point, I'm curious. If I needed the $60 desperately for some reason I would cancel. I'm probably just gonna screw around with it for a couple of days(if I ever get it).

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
510, fill your own carts, and a PCC, all youll ever need. Ordered Blu, got impatient and ordered a 510 from China a week later. Got my 510 before my order status ever changed on Blu. When the blu finally did arrive, i charged it up, hit it two or 3 times, then vaped like crazy on my 510 while I was packing my Blu back up to be returned. Blu and Blu parts are cheap, but what does it matter if the product is inferior to most, and you wait for at least a month to get your order/parts? Dont remember if the site was secure or not, but I typically dont even start to fill cc info out unless its SSL...I may have been blinded by the hope of getting off analogs though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread