Status
Not open for further replies.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
On numerous threads I am getting Script-inf warnings from Avast. Not only in the threads below , just scattered randomly thru the forum.
Here is one of them
URLhxxp://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-vets-answers/621178-getting-petina-my-copper-mod.html|{gzip} InfectionHTML:Script-inf

another
URLhxxp://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-vets-answers/621225-anyone-here-using-smokjoy-gi2-able-keep-locked.html|{gzip} InfectionHTML:Script-inf

Me too! just started this morning with my Mac desktop. was not happening yesterday with ipad. and only when I tried to access forum from email link. I logged on through my bookmark to come here and report it.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
:2cool: Combofix has fixed my problems, no idea what they were as the log was TL:DR and honestly I don't care what it was as long as it's gone so thanks to Retired1 for pointing me in the right direction :thumbs:

Those logs are something else aren't they? It told me there was stuff to be deleted but didn't say why they had to be deleted - as least as far as I could see. Still if it's done the job I'm a happy camper. Also thanks (again) to Retired1 for the help.

Last edited:

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I should also mention that yesterday I got asked by Wordpress to authenticate a bogus password change on a site that I run. I'd changed the password on that site just a couple of days earlier so some evil piece of malware may well have been recording things. Could be unrelated to all this but be cautious - if that's what's happening it may have captured any logon details since you've had it.

I'm going to change some passwords.

Last edited:

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
OK this worked for me, still getting the positives but now I can report them and still see the requested page.
Rarely, both Avast’s real-time shields and scheduled scans detect positives against items that are in fact not a threat to the security of your computer. You can, however, add folders, websites or applications that you deem as trustworthy to an exclusions list, thus preventing Avast from producing false positives. You can also make Avast bypass folders during manual scans by adding them to a temporary exclusions list.
Permanent Exclusions
Step 1

Open your Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security installation.
Step 2

Click "Settings," and then click "Antivirus."
Step 3

Scroll down to the section named “Exclusions.”
Step 4

Click the “File Paths” tab and use “Browse” to select folders that you need to exclude from Avast. To exclude a website, click the “URLs” tab and enter the URL of the website into the field labeled “Enter Address.” To prevent an application from getting flagged by Avast’s DeepScreen and Hardened Mode security modules, click the “DeepScreen” and “Hardened Mode” tabs and use “Browse” to select the executable file of the application.
Step 5

Click “Add” to insert the folder, URL or application to Avast’s exclusions list.
How to Make Exclusions With Avast | The Classroom | Synonym

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
The only forum on ECF I have problems with is the "Variable Voltage APV Discussion".

For the last couple of days I have received Avast warnings when on that forum. Sometimes all I get is "This Page Cannot Be Displayed", but when I do get on it, this is the virus that Avast blocks and then sends to my "Avast Virus chest".

Here is the thread I was on just a few minutes ago, and received the Avast warning: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/593837-vapor-flask-44.html

Here is the name of the virus that that was found in my virus chest after receiving it from the thread I mentioned above:

Virus.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread