Was going to get an E-Power but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all set to order the E-Power with the bigger 18 bats but now some suppliers are not selling them due to some problem so what are my other choices with that good long lasting battery life. I am now charging and rotating thru 3-4 Riva batts all day. I want some thing for chain vapping. Yep I vape just like I smoked non stop chain.
Hope this post is in the right spot if not I apologize now!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
shelli...I have all the epower models and haven't had any problems. I chainvape also. One problem was with the black paint chipping and another was switch problems. As for the switch, if I remember correctly, the button was getting pushed in and or the switch was dying all together which was probably due to some folks stacking batteries. The switches aren't designed to handle that kind of voltage however I may be wrong about the issues with them all together. Like I said, I haven't had any problems with mine as of yet.

For something else, I would consider a Silver Bullet. They run around $85 and use an 18650 battery. I run a 3000mah battery in mine with a couple of 4000mah on the way to test out. You can also stack batteries in these but it will void the warranty if it causes a meltdown of the spring and components. AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Silver Bullet - Starter Kits

I used one of these codes to get 5% off but don't remember which one so try them all...altsmoke.com/ Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for altsmoke.com

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I've talked to some folks that seem to be having problems with 18650 commercial tube mods and the latest 1.6 and 1.7 ohm dual coil cartos.
The protected 18650 cells have a protection board (on the negative end of the cell) that has OV, UV, OC, and short circuit sensing. The OV and UV is outside the band of most chargers but does offer protection. The parameter that causes people the most problems is the OC (over current) trip point. Unprotected cells, like those intended for rebuilding laptop packs, or IMR high Drain cells don't have this board and have the capability to vaporize switches and wires if anything shorts out. But they will not cut out with a low resistance carto.

Most of the protected 18650 cells I have run into have one of the two protection boards in the attached photo. Can you tell the difference? and what that difference does when vaping LR? and what cells have which board?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread