Water in Lungs from Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vap3rV3nom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
As an M.D., I agree 100%. On top of which, I'd expect vaping to do the actual opposite of adding excess water into the respiratory tract (lungs). With the heat produced from the atomizer/cartomizer, I would expect the respiratory tract to become dehydrated rather than become excessively hydrated, which is why replenishing with water is important for hardcore, all-day vapors.

Otherwise, like Vap3rV3nom stated, any excess fluid/liquid/etc. in your lungs will be reabsorbed into your body's circulation via pulmonary capillaries. Result? Might pee more often than usual.

Think of it this way - more water and tiny food particles get lodged in your lungs more often than you think. When this happens, very small parts of your lungs collapse to consolidate the water/food particles that are lodged in the small passageways. Medical term is "atelctasis." Tiny atelctases occur often, even on a daily basis, with everyone - how come we don't really notice it? They are so minuscule that our body amazingly compensates and rids of the tiny particles by dissolving and eventually absorbing them into our blood circulation via pulmonary capillaries (vessels in the lungs). When that's all done, the collapsed tiny part(s) of the lungs reopens and everything goes back to normal. Once it is absorbed into the blood circulation, it filters at our kidneys and we simply pee it out. Amazing, in my opinion.

Long story short - don't worry about it. Happy vaping! :vapor:

Well guys, this is the difference between an RT and a MD. They say it 100% way better that I would say, I'd probably confuse people if i explained more haha. Thx doc for the wonderful explanation.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
After living in Houston for five years...

I'm so sorry. Do they think you'll ever recover???

(Heh, I was born in Houston. My mother was born in Houston. Her mother was born in Houston. We got a history with Houston. I still couldn't live there. You couldn't... actually, you could pay me to live in Houston but, believe me, it wouldn't be cheap. :) )

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
There is already a thread on this topic if you would like to read the replies to it here is the link:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...igarettes-cause-damage-lungs-study-finds.html

Yah, I like this bit: "Seems they tested a total of 32 smokers- with good lungs and non smoker..."

Well, THAT was informative as to whether or not vaping is safer for SMOKERS wasn't it?

<eye roll>

I gotta find and save the link to the article about the study that said there were NANOPARTICLES in vapor.

Wow, so sciencey and all! Like, maybe, it's agonna be all SyFy channel movie in your lungs!

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
yes that study has made its rounds, and it shouldn't have. The control group was too small, and none of them vapers, hell I coughed my head off the first time I tried to take a pull off an e-cig as I was trying to smoke it like a cig, so as none of them where vapers I am betting they weren't pulling right either

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
You heard the one about a flight getting held up because they thought some mechanical mod in the x-ray machine was a pipe bomb?!? :D

Heh, you wanna hear something even more fun? Almost none of the air cargo shipped around is even so much as x-rayed. So while they're worried about shoes and underwear, they could be loading bombs in the cargo hold and we'd know only when the plane went kaboom.

In fact, somebody almost pulled that off recently, shipping bombs as air cargo.

BUT VAPING IS GOING TO KILL YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NenaSoul

Apr 23, 2013
UK/Spain
Fascinating thread though, Im new to this and only just read about how youre supposed to vape, youre not really meant to inhale to the lungs, and dont need to, the nicotine gets absorbed via the mouth and nose just the same, I wasnt inhaling it too deeply anyway but good to know, especially as it *can irritate the throat and possibly lungs? if you do.
Now im holding it in the mouth longer and getting more flavour that way.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
yes that study has made its rounds, and it shouldn't have. The control group was too small, and none of them vapers, hell I coughed my head off the first time I tried to take a pull off an e-cig as I was trying to smoke it like a cig, so as none of them where vapers I am betting they weren't pulling right either

Absolufreakinglutely. First time I tried, I coughed my fool head off because I did a deep inhale like I always did with cigs.

Now I'm not sure I get anything at all in my lungs. I draw into the mouth and exhale through the nose. Last I checked, I can do that without having to go through my lungs. Least what I remember from what biology I took. Which, admittedly, wasn't much but I haven't heard they've moved any organs around in the body recently.

And I vape 100% VG regularly. I don't get a "heavy" feeling in my chest. Ever. Not even if I chain vape. Not to mention, I can kinda tell when I slip up and inhale vapor into my lungs. I cough. Lungs and water don't seem to go together for some reason. Who knew?

Who does these "studies"? Clown colleges?

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Also sorry to spam but I guess this kind of goes with this but I had someone tell me they were being told you would get phneumonia. Ive been vaping a year and have been sick less now.

Really? Oh boy.

Okay, okay, I did grow horns but cutting holes in my baseball caps dealt with the problem fine...

VAPN STUF

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
The only negative I've heard to date were a from a few who contacted bronchial infections because they .. ahem... didn't take the time to wash and sanitize their drip tips for weeks on end. Thank goodness most of us have DT obsessions. :)

What's the best way to sanitize them, do you use alcohol or boil? I actually feel a bit foolish, I wash but never sanitize my drip tips.

Still a rookie.........

Vap3rV3nom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Also sorry to spam but I guess this kind of goes with this but I had someone tell me they were being told you would get phneumonia. Ive been vaping a year and have been sick less now.

Well, that could happen if your immune system is compromised. And maybe you happen to share a vape with someone that is sickly, that both of you don't know about. Vaping causing pneumonia assumptions are pretty silly.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
I love when people are saying this and that about vaping, saying it is "bad" or there MIGHT be one problem like getting bronchitis or whatever, but they fail to realize that even if any of that is true, it is still a MILLION times LESS of a problem than actually smoking real cigs. So what if SOMETIMES something MIGHT happen? With analogs it WILL happen. Damn idiots.

Btw this wasn't aimed at anyone, just the ANTZ in general.

Plus your lungs are full of water anyway, what's the big deal? Your lungs are not bone dry, they are wet and moist. Your not inhaling tons of actual water, it's not like you can drown or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread