Water in Lungs from Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Negative . . . If anything, my wind is much better, now, since I quit smoking.

ETA: where did you come upon this claim or news?

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha.

I smoked for about 40 years, just started vaping about 4 months ago. My wind while bike riding is much beter then last year this time.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What's the best way to sanitize them, do you use alcohol or boil? I actually feel a bit foolish, I wash but never sanitize my drip tips.

Still a rookie.........

I've been vaping for a year now and I have never used anything other than a water rinse for my drip tips or any other vaping gear. PG is anti-microbial, like soap is. In the last year I've had a few colds like I get every year, but they were no where near as bad as when I was smoking and they were over with much quicker. I vaped through them all.

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
Oh I know what you mean Ryedan, before when I was smoking, I would get sick and I would stay sick for a couple of months, coughing and wheezing and hacking and miserable. In fact, I had a cold when I started vaping. It was gone within a week and the cough was gone in 2 and I don't wheeze anymore. It's like a new me. I am just waiting for that next cold to strike to find out just how much my lungs love me now lmao.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
Not to mention that some diabetics (including this one) have found that our blood sugar levels are decreasing after quitting tobacco stinky sticks.

I LOVE the rationale behind this "logic:" OMG!!!! Vaping causes pneumonia. Vaping causes zits. I think I will go back to smoking because lung cancer and heart disease sound so much better.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
What's the best way to sanitize them, do you use alcohol or boil? I actually feel a bit foolish, I wash but never sanitize my drip tips.

Still a rookie.........

I use SS drip tips, because stainless steel is non-porous, it resists bacteria and germs more effectively than other drip materials.

On a daily basis, I swab my drip tips with alcohol and rinse with hot water.

- Andy

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Plus your lungs are full of water anyway, what's the big deal? Your lungs are not bone dry, they are wet and moist. Your not inhaling tons of actual water, it's not like you can drown or something.

Worse, dry lungs is actually a health problem. Often caused by... wait for it...

SMOKING.

"Dry airways may not only play a central role in the development of the inherited lung disease cystic fibrosis, but also in much more common ac-quired chronic lung diseases such as asthma and smoker’s lung, the cigarette smoke-induced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)....In animal studies, they found that insufficient hydration of the airway surfaces leads to pathologies typical of chronic obstructive lung diseases in humans."

Science Daily

Yah know, I got half a mind to campaign that we start our own, counter Internet urban legend. Maybe something like, oh, vaping... call it "enhanced"... erm... let's say gender specific bits that people of their respective genders tend to want to... well... enhance. Considering the popularity of certain, uh, pills and/or surgeries (depending on ones gender type persuasion and stuff) we might not just get social acceptance but actual insurance coverage for vaping.

<snirtle>

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif

Still a rookie.........

I don't know the "best" way, but I can share with you the way I do it. (and many others).
Save your Season shakers (Mrs. Dash), they come in really handy for cleaning the small items.
Fill half way with Alcohol, (I use vodka lol), drop your drip tips in, screw on the lid, and shake like mad every time you get near it. (I keep mine on the kitchen sink by the faucet). (time is perhaps important, I don't know, but I shake mine off and on for the evening, let it sit over night). Pop the top open and drain the alcohol out through the seasoning holes. Close the lid, twist the lid off the bottle, and dump out the tips onto a paper towel. Run a kleenix through them, to dry and to remove all the debris, and you're good to go. Alcohol dries fast and alcohol is a germ killer.
If you don't use Mrs. Dash seasonings, shame on you! :D

drtwain5

Nov 2, 2013
TX
As an M.D., I agree 100%. On top of which, I'd expect vaping to do the actual opposite of adding excess water into the respiratory tract (lungs). With the heat produced from the atomizer/cartomizer, I would expect the respiratory tract to become dehydrated rather than become excessively hydrated, which is why replenishing with water is important for hardcore, all-day vapors.

Otherwise, like Vap3rV3nom stated, any excess fluid/liquid/etc. in your lungs will be reabsorbed into your body's circulation via pulmonary capillaries. Result? Might pee more often than usual.

Think of it this way - more water and tiny food particles get lodged in your lungs more often than you think. When this happens, very small parts of your lungs collapse to consolidate the water/food particles that are lodged in the small passageways. Medical term is "atelctasis." Tiny atelctases occur often, even on a daily basis, with everyone - how come we don't really notice it? They are so minuscule that our body amazingly compensates and rids of the tiny particles by dissolving and eventually absorbing them into our blood circulation via pulmonary capillaries (vessels in the lungs). When that's all done, the collapsed tiny part(s) of the lungs reopens and everything goes back to normal. Once it is absorbed into the blood circulation, it filters at our kidneys and we simply pee it out. Amazing, in my opinion.

Long story short - don't worry about it. Happy vaping! :vapor:

The long-term effects of vaping on pulmonary function are unknown, especially in those with underlying disease (e.g., asthma, COPD). A recent randomized-controlled clinical study 1 of ~ 650 subjects found no evidence of adverse events in vapers when compared with non-vapers undergoing NRT. While prohibitionists may covet apocryphal approaches to support their virulent anti-ecig position, the evidence will tell the story, perhaps before excessive, irreversible regulations (and taxation).

1 Bullen et. al., http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61842-5[/url]

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
Moosic, Pennsylvania, USA
Had to register and reply here....if vaping causes water in the lungs...then I expect steam rooms in the gym are 1000 times worse!!!!

Also, don't go outside in the summer.. I guess fresh humid summer air is bad for you too then... and ESPECIALLY no swimming on hot days either! Or after rain storms.. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
So I heard this news that some people have found water in their lungs from vaping, thus makes it harder to breath.

Have anyone encountered something or heard of something like this?

If this were true than we would all have water in our lungs from taking hot showers (steam) Or cooking and stirring a hot steaming pot of soup.
What about humidifiers?

Donya

Nov 8, 2013
Lizella, GA, USA
I soak all my parts overnight every 2-3 days in everclear that I heat on the stove and I also use the little rubbing alcohol pads (for injections) on the outsides several times a day to keep them clean from dust and particles that may settle on them while they are just sitting, I am kinda a germaphobe but you know some colds and flu are airborne and I don't want those bacteria / viruses ending up in my mouth because they settled on my ecig.

Also, I smoked for 30+ years 1-1.5 pks a day and I have only been vaping since July 2013 but I can already tell a difference in my breathing. Before I couldn't go to the mailbox with out getting winded, heaving for every breath but now that has stopped, I can actually walk a mile without feeling winded or coughing up a lung. My morning cough up a lung ritual has ceased and I feel better. I suffer horribly with sinus issues and yet have not had one major issue since I started vaping, have not even really been sick except a little allergy trouble but it clears right up instead of lasting for a month, I used to get at least 4 sinus infections yearly one starting somewhere mid July early August every year. I am diabetic and my blood sugar has been better, of course that could be because I vape desert instead of indulging and eating it LOL but my doctor has said to me before that smoking will elevate blood sugars so maybe it is just because I quit smoking! I cannot listen to the crap that gets slung at vapers because I have to listen to my body and it says that everything is all good and healing daily, what difference does it make as long as we feel better. No one knows our own body like we do.....mine is saying good job every day. There may still be risks but there are risks in everything we do from driving to eating to taking prescription medication but we have to choose our risks and go with what feels right. For me what feels right is vaping so.....................vape on! :vapor:

Last edited:

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Absolufreakinglutely. First time I tried, I coughed my fool head off because I did a deep inhale like I always did with cigs.

Now I'm not sure I get anything at all in my lungs. I draw into the mouth and exhale through the nose. Last I checked, I can do that without having to go through my lungs. Least what I remember from what biology I took. Which, admittedly, wasn't much but I haven't heard they've moved any organs around in the body recently.

And I vape 100% VG regularly. I don't get a "heavy" feeling in my chest. Ever. Not even if I chain vape. Not to mention, I can kinda tell when I slip up and inhale vapor into my lungs. I cough. Lungs and water don't seem to go together for some reason. Who knew?

Who does these "studies"? Clown colleges?

I've been smoking my vapes like a cig for the lasts year with no problems :)

I vape straight to the lungs and it's delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread