Way to extend the life of Kanger coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuenie

Sep 26, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Hi I am a newbie but I am curious why the Kanger coils are so inconsistent. Sometimes it lasts for 2 weeks or longer but sometimes it just dies or burns in a 1-2 days. I am thinking it may be the cotton inside is not "soggy" enough. Then I did some tests and found a way and would like to share with all newbies here.

There are 2 (or 4) tiny holes on the stem of each coil. Use a small pricker to make those holes larger. That's it !

One more thing I find it useful but optional is that you may use a needle to poke into the hole and do a circular motion every time you refill the tank. . This can kind of loosen the cotton a bit.

hope this works for everyone.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I don't even use new ones. I just tear them apart and new coils and wick them. Then all I have to do when they clog up is clean, remove wicks, dry burn and rewick. About fifteen or twenty rewicks then put in new coil. I change wife's Kanger coils every two days to keep things fresh. CHEERS!

BlakeMcC1990

Feb 4, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi yuenie!

Unfortunately KangerTech have had many issues with all coil units they have made! One common problem with their devices is that you have to mess around with things! For example, like you said.

use a needle to poke into the hole and do a circular motion every time you refill the tank.

I used KangerTech for the first six months of vaping. During those six months I had problems such as: dry hits, gurgling coils, consistent leaking. I left Kanger for good and moved onto Aspire and have never looked back! However I do own a Kanger Subtank that I used for testing and information. But although they are popular amongst many vapors, I personally wouldn't recommend them due to many minor issues that are unnecessary and all KangerTech products have the same issues, but instead of fixing the issues they seem to just release a new product that of course, have the same issues!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi I am a newbie but I am curious why the Kanger coils are so inconsistent. Sometimes it lasts for 2 weeks or longer but sometimes it just dies or burns in a 1-2 days. I am thinking it may be the cotton inside is not "soggy" enough. Then I did some tests and found a way and would like to share with all newbies here.

There are 2 (or 4) tiny holes on the stem of each coil. Use a small pricker to make those holes larger. That's it !

One more thing I find it useful but optional is that you may use a needle to poke into the hole and do a circular motion every time you refill the tank. . This can kind of loosen the cotton a bit.

hope this works for everyone.

which kanger coils are you talking about?
the protank and evod coils should be coming with silica not cotton.

Kevin Foster

Jul 1, 2015
England
I'm guessing the 1.2 and 0.5 ohms for the sub tanks, you just need to stick a pin in the holes where the cotton is so they let more juice into the coil.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread