Way too much info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
"Methinks" you just need to get out of my face; and no, I don't care to explain it more fully than I have already done.

Keep it up and I will report you. I'm getting very tired of this.

"The only way a 3.4V battery could outperform a protected Li-ion 14650 is if it has a different chemistry that provides an improved drain rate".

Which is exactly what I said was my explanation for the "phenomenon". I have repeated this over and over and over, and it has nothing to do with the e-Power batteries being partially depleted. This occurs with a freshly-charged, 3.7v nominal, 4.25v actual IMR high-drain battery in the e-Power.

My hypothesis is that the joyetech battery "has a different chemistry that provides an improved drain rate".

Have either of you guys tried this exact experiment? Yes, or no?

Sailorman, just brought myself to read your entire post. Reported.
So, what are you saying John? I'm not allowed to question your physics defying claims?
I thought maybe you might have metered them under load instead of drawing conclusions from vapor.
What you are claiming is extraordinary and extraordinary claims call for extraordinary evidence.
It's not difficult to believe that the drain rate on a 3.4 battery will hold that 3.4 discharge under load.
It's very difficult to believe that a fully charged 4.2V IMR in a properly function PV will sag over 0.7V under that same load.
If that battery is in good condition, then there is something defective or wrong with your e-Power, because there is no logical explanation I can think of, including some super-secret Joye battery chemistry that brings the voltage up to 3.7V under load.
Are you sure your eGo is not a 3.7V in the first place? Have you metered it? They do make 3.7V eGo's.

Meanwhile, I will feel free to question extraordinary or questionable claims by you, or anyone else, and to correct misinformation when I see it. I'm seeking an explanation of an extraordinary claim, not being abusive or calling you a liar.
If you interpret that as a personal affront, I'll live with it.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Let's keep in mind we are here to help new members, not debate. There is a way to express your point of view without insulting people and attacking fellow members. Post your opinion and move on.

Agreed. I will help this member by letting them know that the e-Power is the better of the two choices they have expressed an interest in. With a maximum of 4.2 and an average of 3.7 volts, it is a more powerful device than any 3.4 volt device.
The laws of physics demands it, regardless of anyone's opinion or hypotheses to the contrary.
There is no place for magic or voodoo in the world of PV's and electricity.
They would be well advised not to let any doubts about that create confusion or influence them to buy the less capable of the two PVs.

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
And I'd just like to ask again; have you tried this for yourself? A Joyetech 1000mah eGo battery against a Smoktech e-Power 14650, with either a freshly charged IMR (high drain, unprotected) or ICR (protected, normal drain) battery with the same attachment; say, a 1.7 ohm single coil cartomizer.

"With a maximum of 4.2 and an average of 3.7 volts, it is a more powerful device than any 3.4 volt device. The laws of physics demands it ..."; unless there are other factors involved other than raw voltage. Drain rates, for example.

Have you tried it? Y/N?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread