WAY TOO MUCH VAPOR to use discreetly at work...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by RayBans, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RayBans

RayBans Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Some history: Smoked on and off for 40years, tried a disposable e-cig Nov. 2011. Ran out of analogs Dec. 28,2011. Had no urge to run to the store as I had a cheap “Green” type ofauto e-cig. Official “Quit” date: Dec. 28, 2011. Moved on to the eGo-T. Went through that learning curve. Got the eGo-C, really loved everything about this model. I decided to make my own juice for several reasons; the fun of it, the money saved means I can buy more toys. (I see myself as a MOD real soon) I read every post in e-cigarette-forum about DIY, tried lots of different ways to make my perfect e-juice.

Ok, I’ve figured out what level of PG my tummy can tolerate (30%), I’ve found the right nicotine level that does not make my eyes pop as I tend to vape a lot (10mg). I love sending out clouds of thick vapor, feeling the cool mist and enjoying the flavor.

Here is my problem. I’m putting out WAY too much vapor to use my DIY juice & eGo-C at work. Before, in my office, I could sneak a vape with the eGo-T using store bought juice and no one noticed. I could step into the bathroom vape and no problem. Even in the elevator, by myself move up or down a few floors; take a vape, no one noticed.

Using the eGo-C and my DIY juice at work now is not an option. I’m a FOG machine. The vapor lingers and is very noticeable. To cope with this, I only use my old eGo-T’s and leftover juice at work. This option is not going to last. The end is near for my eGo-T’s & I just can’t see buying anybody else’s juice.

My question is: Is there a 70VG/30PG DIY e-juice recipe that does NOT put out a lot of VAPOR?
    (I’ve been looking)
    :2cool:

2. nightsong

nightsong Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats on your vaping and DIY success. It's the high % of VG that you are using that is the most significant factor in your high dense fog. You could try substituting some distilled water for some of the VG. Some people use water to thin the VG down a little.

3. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It's the high vg that's causing the vapor. Maybe get a small bottle for stealth vaping with higher PG.

You could try this for work. :laugh:

Have a Coke and a Vape | InVape

4. RayBans

I've tried distilled water as much as, gone as far as I dare. :) I'll post my recipe:
    FA-BlackCherry.jpg

I've added as much as 5% water to this.

5. RayBans

PG makes my tummy have issues. I've tried. 30% seems to be all I can take.

6. Iusedtoanalog

Iusedtoanalog Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Ray, Thats typical of the liquid you are making, but look up a few vids of stealth vaping. It works like this. Basically after your initial draw from your PV, you will want to in hale clean air behind that.... Hold it in for an extra little amount of time. On exhale you will find much less visible vapor. Practice if you like. It does work. I DIY my own full VG liquids and i can vape a 2 ohm carto at 4.7volts in a crowded room without attracting so much as a second look (so far as I know).. I do attend meetings in larger facilities with crowds of people , this method has allowed me to vape every where that i thought it wouldn't be polite to just outright blow up a giant plume of vapor. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

7. RayBans

Ah ha, I've had to "hold it" a few times. I'll check this out. Thanks!

8. sailorman

sailorman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Yep, you're going to have to learn the technique. You'll be amazed at how little vapor you can let out once you get the hang of it. Holding it in a few extra seconds makes all the difference. In extreme cases, you can exhale through a microfiber cloth. That's my movie theater technique. :)

9. Warren D. Lockaby

Warren D. Lockaby Super Member ECF Veteran

Another trick if/when you can get away with it, carry a cup of coffee & exhale into the cup. Who's gonna notice a steaming cuppa coffee, right? :)

10. RayBans

I like these methods, as a fellow vapor, you know its more fun to be "just outright blow up a giant plume of vapor" I worked so hard to get this just right.

11. ogredog

ogredog Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Ya I do the coffee trick at work exhale in my cup like a fog machine lol then I say man that's hot! and their eyes r huge lol some people know I vape some don't I keep a low profile except with the homies lol

12. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hold the vapor in your mouth for 5 seconds after taking a drag and THEN inhale.It cuts down drastically on the vapor.

13. RayBans

YT Video: watch?v=JZO8opyg14k
    As much as I'll miss the feel of the vapor. I will get some alone time later and I can still enjoy my "perfect juice" I really thank all of you for helping me out here.

14. RayBans

Ok, I'm at work now and this is working great. Take my hit, hold it, re-inhale, exhale. (Just a little puff comes back out)WOW who knew just how easy this would be. I'm so glad I asked! Thanks Again...:vapor:

15. thefreak48324

thefreak48324 Full Member

Yep, I have become the king at stealth vaping. Just hold it in for five seconds then exhale fast. No vapor at all. You'll find yourself taking less puffs too. Works great on airplanes. No one ever knows a thing. Other than I suck on pens a lot :)

16. CanuckVapour16

CanuckVapour16 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just tried the inhale-hold-inhale/exhale method and now I'm vaping at my desk like a madman. Thx everyone.

17. RayBans

This is great, vape your perfect fog juice, learn how to do it discretely. I did this today in the doctors office. Heck I'm sitting there waiting... and waiting.... nobody had a clue. Stealth Vaping!

18. Raster

Raster Full Member

You know you're putting out too much vapor when a smoker starts giving you strange looks lol.

19. moishesmom

moishesmom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I love the hot coffee idea - can't wait to try it when I'm out...BRILLIANT!

20. lazycomet

lazycomet Full Member

thanks for all the awesome ideas! i was just trying to figure out a way of stealth(ier) vaping!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.