FDA "We’re going to streamline the FDA"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
During the (rather positive) hoopla during the SCOTUS nomination yesterday, there was one thing that got my attention. It's tough to make case right now that it will have huge impact on vaping, but also tough, I think, to say it will have no impact on vaping politics in the USA. I thought there would be more chatter about this when I came to the forum today, but on quick search, I didn't find that. So, here's Reuters article I found to get that chatter going.

Trump pushes drugmakers for lower prices, more U.S. production

U.S. President Donald Trump in a meeting on Tuesday with pharmaceutical executives called on them to manufacture more of their drugs in the United States and cut prices, while vowing to speed approval of new medicines and ease regulation.

Trump told them the government was paying "astronomical" prices for medicines in its health programs for older, disabled and poor people and said he would soon appoint a new U.S. Food and Drug Administration leader.

"We’re going to streamline the FDA," Trump said in a statement, referring to the regulatory agency responsible for vetting that new drugs are safe and effective.

I think everyone anticipated Trump will appoint a new leader of the FDA. Yet, in conjunction with the quoted title, along with Trump's executive order to boost small businesses, I take this as a very good sign for vaping (politics) in the U.S. going forward.

Cue the naysayers...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
My fears haven't changed. FDA views on Vaping is not top of mind and has been relegated to a forgotten heap of regulations that can still squeak through. Unabated; basically unchallenged.

My hope is still with the Nicopure suit.
The wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round, and bumpy bumpty bump as they drive over us vapers :lol: crept it's not really funny...

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Yes, Clive is the best at putting logic and reason to the pseudoscience. But how do we get Congress to adopt some of these while the American Cancer Society and others are spending millions to kill vaping and keep people smoking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congress acts on cash and deliverable votes.

With the current market, there's no cash cow for them to milk.

As discussions here often show, our voting block can not be easily steered/delivered to a candidate. That reduces our value to them.

That leaves us with shaming them with denial of health. We need lots of data for that (population level). I'm not sure if we'll have that before they figure out the controls to divert the flow of money their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread