We aren't allowed to buy nic base here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
In Belgium, anything in 10ml + packaging has to be nic-free, and anything with over 20mg nic is banned. (In Belgium, they obviously care more about banning vaping than about climate change, hah)

Given that I'm burning through juice like a... Well, an athlete who drinks a lot of juice... I was thinking of finding a solution.

Nicotine boosters are available here, but not everywhere and they can't contain over 20mg either. They also generally cost a premium over cheaper liquids (which are available at the same price with 18mg as they are with 0 mg). I'm not really looking forward to ordering online as I don't want to make a big order and have it be confiscated. I also do work with customs from day to day, so it could be a big deal, maybe. Just don't want to risk it.

Given that I generally use 6 mg juice, I'll probably have to buy 1 10ml bottle of some juice @ 18mg, 1 30ml bottle of VG/PG, and then the same flavouring that's in the 10ml bottle of juice.

This is where the problem lies. I've considered to buy 1 10ml 18mg/ml bottle per 1 30ml 0mg bottle and just add the 10, shake it up and start vaping, but 30ml bottles are pretty much the price of 3 10ml bottles, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Nic Boosters are available but always more expensive than a lot of cheap juices out there. It's kind of silly to buy 20mg/ml 10ml nic/PG for €6.00 when I can buy 18mg 10ml bottle of flavoured juice for half that.

So I'm basically looking for a way to reduce the price of € 3-3.5 / 10ml for the cheapest e liquids down to around a euro. Given right now I consume about 10ml 70/30 liquid a day in my G PRIV with tri coil .15ohm at around 70-80 Watts, it's either that start tootling again.

My smoking habit used to cost me about €4 a week (I rolled my own), and I switched because of my health, and I'm not really tight on funds, but it shouldn't have to come at the expense of my wallet. median of €4/day means €28 a week and that's without any hardware like mods/tanks/batteries but also coils. I'll think about coils later, for now I've still got five, and probably will get another 5 higher-resistance single coils to make my juice last longer, but I'd still like to get that price down and I like my current setup a lot. 28*4=112, + gear I'll soon median €150-200/month, which has to come down. Collecting mods and tanks is one thing, but I'd like to cut down on consumable costs.

So what are all the tactics you guys are using, and how do you do it?

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Digress, can you buy nicotine in a nearby country with fewer restrictions? Because if so, I'd say take a day trip, buy a large amount at the highest level of nic that's available for sale, and just go full DIY with your juice. (Or get a friend from one of those countries to come visit and bring you some nicotine.)

Otherwise, I'd get the retail e-liquid at 18mg that represents one of the flavors you like in your regular vaping (like a plain vanilla, or a plain strawberry), mix with plain pg/vg to dilute down to 6mg (which will give you a weakly flavored base liquid, and then add other flavor from concentrates).

As for me, I was lucky enough to be hanging around here long enough to get worried about the issue, and bought a lot of nicotine to stock up, pre-TPD.

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Reactions: Izan

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Nowhere you can buy

Thanks a bunch!!! Ok I ordered half a liter, I'll just see if it gets delivered properly and if it does I'll probably start ordering a bunch of stuff there. Awesome site, why haven't I come across thing like that. Thanks for the resource!
Vaping got me off smoking several years ago. I started DIY after about 10 months. In the mean time I have enough mods, atomizers and nic to last at least 10 years and may be 20 years for a grand total of $650 which is less than what I used to spend for 3 months of smoking.

Reactions: JC Okie

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Oh, nice!! :thumbs:
Little update from a happy programmer:

ecr2g7G.jpg

Really happy it came through! Looks like I've got my work cut out for me :) now to read up on mixing my own juice!

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Btw, since this is in the right forum, given the flavors I got (on a whim, yes yes), do you have any good recipes to suggest? I'm gonna start with testing that heisenberg mix i got, but after that I'll be trying out some flavor combos. I bought some sweet stuff and some fruits to be able to mix it up, I'm guessing I'll start that Vanilla + Apple 'cause I really like those kinds of flavors in my juice. I've been looking at some recipe sites but I can't find one where I can list what I've got and they show me what I can make.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Check your messages!

I'll dial in @dobroeutro who might have an idea for a recipe using your existing flavors (among others!), and as you go forward with DIY, I advise you to look around to identify recipes you want to make (or ask for suggestions here), and order what you need for those -- maybe one or two (or three) recipes at a time. I started just by ordering a bunch of flavors that sounded good to me, and never had all I needed for a specific recipe, and I think that's a typical newbie DIYer mistake.

As you test recipes that sound like your preferred flavor profile and come up with a few you really like, you'll be adding flavors that you can use for those tried and true, plus experiment with other mixes using the flavors you've collected.

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Happy for you man :)
Off the topic, what language and platform do you use for programming? a web developer here ;)
I specialize in Java EE! Used to teach Java to adults, so I'm pretty well-versed in it, but as an architect I try to keep up with the industry. Doing a project with Aurelia at the moment, which I like better than angular and react. Also do a little c/c++ on the side for my Arduino projects. Also taught myself some assembler recently, but I don't I'll ever do something with that though. Still, good to know what you're talking about.

How about you?

Reactions: eMado

Evan1

Jul 28, 2017
Digress, what would happen if a nice person from the USA wanted to send you a nice small present of 60ml juice to your nic level of choice? I find it amazing that I can drive to 5 different stores within 5 minutes and sample/buy hundreds of premium juices as well as order thousands online but you guys have all this trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread