Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I find it amusing that he's still a dual user. He claims it's necessary because he's a developer:
Most of this time I’m using my e-cigarettes, but as a developer, because there are also new ideas, I can not lose the sense of taste [for cigarettes].
I call BS: Try something better than the crappy cigalikes you're hawking.

In terms of choices, as a pharmacist, ex-smoker, and developer, I am very keen to recommend closed systems [like cig-a-likes]. It’s not only because of my intellectual property, but more importantly it’s a product people consume through their mouths and inhale into their lungs, so the safety is very important.
So he admits that he's backing regulations at least in part because it will benefit him and the people he works for. :mad:

and doesn't think people should DIY.
'Cause he thinks that he and his employer know what's best for us. :facepalm:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Everything manufactured is good for us...

Thats why every thing natural thats ben consumed for decades/Millenniums is considered bad for you by the fda and other world health agencies....

Your forced to buy their "good for you" manufactured [removed].

Notice that nature has ben banned and/or twisted/moddified

Last edited by a moderator:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Reactions: Glinda

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
You also have to look at the "setting" for the interview. It was held in Bejing with an interpreter. It's highly doubtful he'd readily tout the free wheeling market in those settings.

Bear in mind, the government there owns the tobacco companies. Any impact on the money they rake in from tobacco sales going to vaping sales to the Chinese would not be looked upon favorably, nor would any statements from individuals advocating getting away from tobacco entirely.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
He knows next to nothing about our segment of the market !

What do you make of the wide variety of e-liquid flavors on the market? Like dessert and candy flavors?
For the specific flavors you mentioned about candy and food, I have of course tasted these. However, I am a smoker so I don’t like it because I am used to the tobacco taste. But I also understand that the majority of e-cig consumers are ex-cigarette users, so the majority are not keen on this kind of flavor. Maybe a certain very small group of individuals would use this kind of flavor as a fashion product.

Actually, at least here in the US, the flavored products are really popular, even among former smokers. They tell me it helps them to stay off cigarettes.
Thank you for the information. I understand. I think probably that Americans consume more sugar products than the Chinese population. That might be a possible answer for this phenomenon.

Reactions: LaraC

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
You also have to look at the "setting" for the interview. It was held in Bejing with an interpreter. It's highly doubtful he'd readily tout the free wheeling market in those settings.

Bear in mind, the government there owns the tobacco companies. Any impact on the money they rake in from tobacco sales going to vaping sales to the Chinese would not be looked upon favorably, nor would any statements from individuals advocating getting away from tobacco entirely.

That's what I was thinking. Even the interpreter was "arranged by his employer." Were one to find oneself in a private setting with this man, he may well have much more to say on the issue. ;)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What a shame he lost control of the invention. It's a situation where he could have enforced a reletively minor royalty on a huge industry and slowed nothing down. Then he wouldn't have to take sides. He could have used some of his megamillions to fund non preferential research to better the industry as a whole. Oh well.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
What a shame he lost control of the invention. It's a situation where he could have enforced a reletively minor royalty on a huge industry and slowed nothing down. Then he wouldn't have to take sides. He could have used some of his megamillions to fund non preferential research to better the industry as a whole. Oh well.

Never be the one to originate the practical or sensible. People will flock in panicked madness for everything from the ludicrous to exceedingly superfluous. But to offer the elegantly obvious, of simplicity of service or function is to suffer the conjecture of every covetous critic feigning its prior invention, subjecting your every objection to ridicule without ever assigning you one shred of value but their unbridled emulation.

On the other hand, there is no control. The lines of property ownership have been muddied in favor of institution (by gov regulation). Perhaps why the bitter perspective of the originator. The guy who invented the auto coolant overflow canister had to fight decades to be recognized.

The creator is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Just sayin'.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread