Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Someone tell me again why we're just supposed to accept the Tobacco label and fight for e-cig specific regulations under Tobacco Control?

Because we don't want nicotine regulated as a drug. That would be orders of magnitude worse than what we currently face.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Someone tell me again why we're just supposed to accept the Tobacco label and fight for e-cig specific regulations under Tobacco Control?

Because the ......s are in charge and the only thing their tiny minds can manage is "tobacco' or "not-tobacco"... Best explanation I can come up with.

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Nutritional or herbal supplement?
Unfortunately I think they are planning another move on the supplement industry.

The fact is, vaping is a recreational activity that may or may not contain any of the following: vg, pg, flavorings, nicotine.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Let me just spell out my thinking a little bit. I know that at this point, it would take a bill making its way through Congress to designate vaping as something other than tobacco. The enormity of the challenge is not the point.

Once vaping is deemed as tobacco, even if there are some vape specific tobacco regulations, it will forever be a defensive fight. We will always be trying to prove why a particular tobacco control regulation should NOT apply to this particular tobacco product. Conversely, if vaping is not a tobacco product, someone would presumably have to justify why a particular regulation SHOULD be applied to vaping.

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
What I object to THE MOST is having a fascist gov't that think they need -- and have a right! -- to "regulate" EVERYTHING!

We have given them that power over the years unfortunately. In my country for example:
We love complaining about corrupt cops yet we don't stop trying to bribe them or stick to the rules.
We blame them for not having a job yet when they offer us to pick up garbage we say it's beneath us.
We complain about the low education levels yet we blame the teacher for our son not doing the homework.
We complain about bad or insufficient public services yet only 46% of us pay our taxes.
When we drink to much we blame alcohol, or the bartender who served us.
When we get a bad reaction we blame the medicine not the fact that we self and over medicated.
And so on.

So we made others responsable and they prefer to regulate us before we blame the B&M for not explaining battery safety, the E-liquid manufacturer for not putting a child protective top when our child drinks our liquid, a vendor for making juice next to a toilet or blaming who ever because we inhaled something we never knew could be harmful but ends up having consequences in 30 years.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Let me just spell out my thinking a little bit. I know that at this point, it would take a bill making its way through Congress to designate vaping as something other than tobacco. The enormity of the challenge is not the point.

Once vaping is deemed as tobacco, even if there are some vape specific tobacco regulations, it will forever be a defensive fight. We will always be trying to prove why a particular tobacco control regulation should NOT apply to this particular tobacco product. Conversely, if vaping is not a tobacco product, someone would presumably have to justify why a particular regulation SHOULD be applied to vaping.

I don't have an objection to nicotine being classified as a tobacco product ... because it is a tobacco product. The next step for Congress is to differentiate between tobacco products, and I think they already have. The FSPTCA contains a section regarding modified risk products which is exactly what ENDS and snus are. It may take a kick in the rear to the FDA from Congress to get the classification acknowledged and utilized, but they put it there for a reason ... and it wasn't to kill yet another tree.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
We have given them that power over the years unfortunately. In my country for example:
We love complaining about corrupt cops yet we don't stop trying to bribe them or stick to the rules.
We blame them for not having a job yet when they offer us to pick up garbage we say it's beneath us.
We complain about the low education levels yet we blame the teacher for our son not doing the homework.
We complain about bad or insufficient public services yet only 46% of us pay our taxes.
When we drink to much we blame alcohol, or the bartender who served us.
When we get a bad reaction we blame the medicine not the fact that we self and over medicated.
And so on.

So we made others responsable and they prefer to regulate us before we blame the B&M for not explaining battery safety, the E-liquid manufacturer for not putting a child protective top when our child drinks our liquid, a vendor for making juice next to a toilet or blaming who ever because we inhaled something we never knew could be harmful but ends up having consequences in 30 years.

What you just described are children: those incapable of accepting responsibility for their own actions and their natural consequences. Unfortunately, that sort of immaturity is not confined to your country; it seems to be the modern epidemic -- blame someone else -- be a victim, rather than taking responsibility for your own choices and paying the price for them.

I refuse to be that sort of child; I am responsible for my life and my choices, and no matter what idiocy my gov't attempts to foist on me, I refuse to be limited by it -- that's why I have 22-35 yrs' worth of nicotine in my freezer -- even though nicotine isn't a huge thing for me, I simply refuse to be deprived of it before *I* decide I'm done with it.

I've been sober for 23 yrs because I took responsibility for the fact that I'm an alcoholic -- an accident of genetics, surely, but the choice to drink or not, that is mine. I take the same responbility for the rest of my life, and will not allow the gov't to take it from me. It is MY life, not theirs.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread