Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
And just before the Great Society, Medicare and Guns & Butter got a head of steam on. :) Johnson got started all Kennedy's programs and started a few of his own. Smoking was allowed in the White House.

Smokers:
images

upload_2016-2-5_15-13-52.jpeg

upload_2016-2-5_15-15-29.jpeg

upload_2016-2-5_15-16-35.jpeg

upload_2016-2-5_15-17-46.jpeg

upload_2016-2-5_15-18-22.jpeg

images

enhanced-buzz-21581-1362592945-13.jpg

Nonsmoker:
images

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
All those images are obviously photo shopped. It is impossible to believe that smoking was done by all those people in all those places and humanity is still alive.

Impossible, I tell you.
Well, they're all dead except Obama. And he's not looking so healthy of late. And their wives and nearly all of their cabinet members are dead from second hand smoke.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I bet both of you were at least getting suspicious of CDC when the 3rd hand smoke scam was rolled out.
I'm old enough to remember smoking sections, but not old enough to have ever smoked in one indoors. I have heard of the concept of 3rd hand smoke, but I was not aware it was actually an idea backed by the CDC, I just figured it was a bored ninny that came up with it, and then like most other things people just accepted it as fact.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
We all know that secondhand smoke actually exists, but many of us know that the reported dangers associated with it are questionable (at best) or deceptive (at worst). Given all I know about politics of vaping/smoking, I'm thinking we all realize third hand smoke exists, but may disagree on how much of an issue it actually is. I would think there would be relation between what one views about secondhand-smoke and what one thinks about thirdhand smoke. I could even see some people thinking that third-hand is worse than secondhand, and possible that it is even worse than firsthand, though I recognize that is a very huge stretch to make.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I've heard that there once was a time when the government gathered the best and the brightest into agencies that could use their specialized knowledge to facilitate policy decisions for the good of the people. What happened?

We were all young once, and innocent.

:) G'luck.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
We all know that secondhand smoke actually exists, but many of us know that the reported dangers associated with it are questionable (at best) or deceptive (at worst). Given all I know about politics of vaping/smoking, I'm thinking we all realize third hand smoke exists, but may disagree on how much of an issue it actually is. I would think there would be relation between what one views about secondhand-smoke and what one thinks about thirdhand smoke. I could even see some people thinking that third-hand is worse than secondhand, and possible that it is even worse than firsthand, though I recognize that is a very huge stretch to make.

The only thing that's been successfully stretched is our tolerance. Despite all the anger and justified indignation to an objective observer I think we all still look like collective victims of Stockholm Syndrome, if only a bit louder in our denials (than most).

Believe the biggest harm perpetrated on [us as] smokers is totally psychological.

Good luck all.

:)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I'm old enough to remember smoking sections, but not old enough to have ever smoked in one indoors.

Here locally we had an excellent Chinese restaurant. They kept a smoking area toward the front of their dining section, where there was HVAC exhaust venting.

They were going against what the state had mandated. State had said no smoking at all in restaurants. For about a year these lovely Chinese people snubbed their noses at the state.

I recall a few occasions of having an after dinner smoke in their restaurant. One day some ladies were sitting toward the back of the restaurant as I fired up. One of them said loudly enough to be heard that all smokers ought to go burn somewhere not nice. My wife suggested I put it out. I did not but rather enjoyed looking over at the sign, "Smoking Section". I smiled at the lady with my lips around the cigarette.

My opinion of it was that it was the restaurant owner's choice to allow for a smoking section. A smoker then ought to have been free to enjoyed the smoking section. Now, I go to places and see the cigarette ban sign with an obvious silhouette of CE4 on an eGo battery with the letter E on one end. Below, "This includes electronic cigarettes". So, I oblige and tuck my mod in my pocket, pulling it back out once we leave.

I do not mind being considerate and tolerant up to a point. If we are outside in the open air do not expect me to oblige you by not vaping or smoking. I will vape or smoke then as I chose, in the open air. Granted, I'll be courteous and move away from elders/infirms and infants/toddlers that is only common courtesy.

We need a lot more of it in our world/s. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
While snooping around the FDA site I came across the in tobacco news and events.
We are simply being outgunned.
This Week in CTP - January 19, 2016
Regards
Mike

Well it seems a whole bunch kicked in for GA which is outstanding. I still don't know what exactly happened or what the 2-3 mystery remaining pages of proposals may imply…but at least a whole bunch seems went in and shook the bushes. Now if only folks in FL would open an eye from their deep slumber, I'm hopin'. Meet ya here when the next bell rings.

Good luck.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread