1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Weight Gain/Loss/Steady since started Vaping

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Hoofhearted62, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Weight Gain/Loss/ Remained the same

1. Have you gained weight

2. Have you lost weight

3. Has your weight remained the same

4. Choose not to answer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hoofhearted62

Hoofhearted62 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A completely un scientific poll here but just curious. Has anyone experienced any weight gain, weight loss or remained the same since beginning E-Cigarettes.

2. SharonMM

SharonMM Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Lucky me, apparently I'm the only one who's gotten fatter. Packed on about 15 since I quit smoking in April. No changes in exercise or dietary habits. Slowly taking it back off now by following the clean diet... No gluten, sugar, dairy or red meat. Or alcohol BOO!

3. AngiBe

AngiBe ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Honestly have no idea how this has happened, but have lost 3lbs! No change in exercise, eating...it's crazy, in a great way. Usually my past quits on cigs, I've gained about 3-5 lbs by now. Maybe the only difference, besides vaping, is I drink a ton of water? Who knows but loving it...

4. davewuvswaffles

davewuvswaffles Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've lost weight since I started vaping, but that is because I started cutting about a month prior, so I think my answer really wouldn't help this poll.

The path to a sub-10% bodyfat percentage sure is tough though, and I'm sure vaping, like cigarettes, has kept me from those late night snacks that are my pitfall. Weirdly enough though my lifts have continued to increase. I actually had a PR and reached a goal I set this summer by deadlifting 375 lbs, 2.5x my bodyweight. :D

5. Kristin0624

Kristin0624 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm sitting here eating a damn salad....:glare:

6. Violy

Violy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I didn't gain or lose any weight.

I did quit all sugary drinks about a month before my complete switch though. Nothing but lots of water with an occasional coffee/tea. That may have offset what little I may have gained.

If I was a candy person I may have gained some weight. I went straight to 12mg and experienced some withdrawal food cravings for about 2 weeks until my body adjusted to less nic.

7. EKat

EKat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am totally losing weight and loving it...I have a size 32 waist that used to be a svelt 30. With vaping desserts and fruity flavors I don't eat dessert anymore. If I'm hungry, I vape and it goes away fora while...but otherwise I'm a healthy eater. Yay for vaping!

8. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Gained about 10 lbs when I began but at that time all that really mattered was getting of the analogs. Within 6 months my overall health was much improved and I began exercising- lost the 10 lbs and overall toned up body mass. Vaping has given me a whole new outlook on life and my health- exercise, food, inner spirit. Realize when I say exercising I only participated in sports that I really enjoyed= lottsa fun :thumbs:

9. SilverZero

SilverZero Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've stayed at the same weight but that is a plus in my eyes. The first time I quit smoking (before I learned about vaping) I gained 20 pounds; it was one of the reasons I ended up smoking again.

10. stillnotsmoking

stillnotsmoking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My weight has remained nearly exactly the same as before I quit smoking using e-cigarettes. I am a little over 1 year cigarette free at this point. No change in exercise, but as far as dietary I did cut back on most of my sugar-filled drinks and sodas and upped my water intake significantly. I do drink a lot of juice though which is filled with sugars, and probably average 12 beers/wk. I am a little more active that I was just for the fact that I'm not out of breath all the time, but I really don't "exercise".

11. Pezzer75

Pezzer75 Full Member

Iv'e gained weight, but I am actually able to workout for more than 5 min at a time now, so hopefully it will come off with some effort.

12. Dacholiday Dach

Dacholiday Dach Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Fountain Inn, South Carolina, United States
    I've gained some weight myself. Which sux. :( But I will deal with it.

13. Strongbeard

Strongbeard Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've gained about 10 lbs since I quit the analogs almost 3 months ago.

Although it could just be my metabolism, I am rapidly approaching my 40's

14. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Full Member

I haven't been vaping that long, but I have noticed that vaping has lowered my desires to eat unhealthy foods. If I want something sweet, I go vape my sweet e-liquid. If this continues, I could see myself losing a few pounds.

15. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Starting out I dropped almost 10 lbs, slowly gained it back and then 5-10 over, which then slowly lost back to where I started. Guess it's all good, not sure why the fluctuations, but long term after the first year my weight leveled out and no gain / no loss.

16. eris667

eris667 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

=even +/- 5# natural fluctuations

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

17. Tof31200

Tof31200 Full Member Verified Member

No less, no more, just the same.

18. puya

puya Full Member

My weight remained the same but I have a friend who gained some weight after the analogs so I think it's a different situation from person to person.

19. Out of Stock

Out of Stock Full Member

I started vaping in March and I've lost about 25 pounds since July and weigh about what I did in college - 25 years ago. I attribute the weight loss to cutting down on snacks and meats and eating more veggies and fish. I also eat fast food about once a month, that was a killer for me. The vaping does help me avoid snacks. Instead of a snack I'll just vape. My exercise schedule is 30 minutes of elliptical 4-5 days a week. I used to exercise more but I never lost weight because of my eating habits.
    I figure 5 more pounds and I'll weigh the same as when I was in high school, then I'll have to make sure to eat enough to quit losing weight.

20. WickedSick

WickedSick Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Some time after I started vaping I decided that, since I am no longer short of breath I could start jogging. For several months I gradually increased the distance and eventually even took part in a marathon which I finished. So I really lost a lot of weight.

: weight
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.