Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I have gained ten lbs since i started vaping. I crave sweets all the time and necer ate sweets before

Since this post i have gained 20 more pounds.

I am the heaviest i have ever been in my life.
My doctor ran a bunch of tests and ruled out any medical possibilities. He suggests my metabolism changed after giving up the cigarettes.
I have taken up brisk walking in the evenings so far it hasn't helped. Been at it for a month now. I have started to do some light jogging sprints since i am able to breathe finally.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I quit smoking for the fifth time in December (second time quitting by vaping but I had far fewer personal crises interfering this time...), and this time I actually lost weight. I think the reason in my case is pretty obvious tho: I'm the kind of person who can't sit still to save my life, but smoking a pack of cheap cigarettes a day for 18 years is a good way to inhibit exercise... For the last 2 years I had a chronic cough... imagine being barely 30 years old and realizing you're near the early stages of copd :( it was pretty scary...

Within 3 days of quitting my cough went away, and within a month I had boundless energy that I didn't know what to do with.. So naturally I started walking and running as much as I had time to just so I could sit still long enough to get through a class. I remember thinking that I had more energy than I've ever had in my life :) it was a pretty amazing experience. Of course I've gotten used to it now, I started an exercise program to use up some of that energy and I'm pretty much back to normal. In total I lost 15 pounds before my weight plateaued.

dapigg

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Acworth, GA, USofA
I gained 50lbs several years back when I quit smoking for a couple of years. I lost all that weight once I started smoking again. Now that I am 100% vape, only time will tell about the weight. I do think that I am eating more these days just because everything tastes so darn good compared to when I was smoking cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread